EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Templar
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Occam

Loremaster

I'm just curious which SoD reward people would choose, the hammer for the heal proc or the staff for when you want a little more DPS.

Personally I'm a little disappointed that the hammer isn't really an upgrade from Godking as far as healing goes, considering that you need to kill Mayong to get the fabled version. I haven't seen the new stats for the staff though, so I'm not sure whether it would be better then the BSM for when I'm soloing. I'm still unsure which I'll choose.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
Istaril

Loremaster

Staff. The hammer is inferior to Godking (Peacock Timeline aka Prismatic II), so you'll be using that anyway when you're healing. The staff *is* an upgrade to grizzlefazzle, at least. I picked the hammer when they both sucked, and now they go and change em so the Staff is better... I think I'll be petitioning for the staff shortly.
Istaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Mabes

Loremaster

Well, here's images of the upgraded hammer and godking sceptor:

I already took the hammer, though with an adornment it has +115 to heals, and it's heal proc isn't bad, though it's a shame the godking proc is still significantly better.  But as far as two handers go, I'm just gonna wait till my guild finally gets the woodworker book from Thirneg in EH.

* edit - typo

Tion - Templar \ Jeweler - Nektulos
Varos - Assassin - Nektulos
Mabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Dragonz

Loremaster

O.K. I 'm puzzled  here , why do you consider the staff better  than the hammer, is it pvp thing,

Always seeking new knowledge, but I'd have picked the hammer without hesitation.

we are healers not dps

Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
Krymson

Loremaster

If you don't have the Godking stick, then the Soulfire Hammer looks phenomenal, however if you do have the Godking stick then everything you get is then compared to that.  FT14 and a 600-700 HP target heal proc are hard to beat, even if the rest of the weapon is inferior. It comes down to "is the Godking weapon good enough/better as a healer weapon?"  If it is, you might as well take the one that can improve your damage output (it gives you options).  If the Soulfire Hammer is moderately to greatly better, then clearly that should be the choice.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Hopefulne

General

has anyone tested whether the soulfire grp heal proc will give multi procs from grp heals like the mystical orb of the invoker does?  If it does it is better than godking IMO - but that wouldn't stop me swapping between both of them depending...

Hopefulne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
wesblueeyes

Loremaster

I took the soulfire staff, but then again templars CAN dps AND heal. People who say otherwise are just under the old myths. I can keep my group of mages up and pull out 1500 dps. Of course logically when I am doing a really hard fight I get only like 400 dps because I am so busy healing, but hey the staff is so much better looking than that crappy WoW looking hammer
wesblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote