EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
SideshowBob

Loremaster

Edit: Thanks Vhalen for answering the question in the other forum!  Glad to hear you were able to fix it in time!! :smileyvery-happy:

Second Edit: After the servers finally came up, I logged in to do the access quest. Imagine my surprise when I zoned on to the boat and there was someone else on it already...  :smileysad:  Looks like the issue was fixed on Test, but didn't make it to the live servers.

I posted this in the Fallen Dynasty forum, but since the forum has been locked I'm reposting this question here...

I did the introductury quest to get to the Island of Mara yesterday afternoon on the Test server, around 3:00pm PST.  I was not grouped with anyone, nor had I been in a group since logging on to the Test server that day. After zoning on to the ship - the Far Pelican - I was about 90% finished killing the last mob (the Deputy) when someone else zoned on to the ship with me...   

Since my play time was limited and I was actually in a hurry to complete the quest and log out, I didn't have time to speak to the other player and find out if the mobs on the ship re-pop or not. I sent in a /bug just in case anyway, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else? Is it working as intended, or has it been fixed?

I can imagine the uproar something like that will cause if it's supposed to be instanced (but not) when the live servers come up, where everyone and their dog is racing to log in and complete the access quest...

Message Edited by SideshowBob on 06-15-2006 07:35 AM

SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

This was NOT fixed! I was the first on my server into the boat, and lo and behold some new people came when I was almost finished with the quest! Got the server discovery for the Far Pelican though =)
EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Kw

Not instanced on Everfrost either.  This is great fun.  How do I even get off this boat?
Kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
Barand

General

Not instanced in storms eitherWell done for the access quest lol
Barand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
Rhona

This might be a cool way for a high-level crafter but a low-level adventurer to get to the AP and complete the crafting quests.  I want to try that tonight if the little ones cooperate.Rho
Old 06-15-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

You don't need to do the quest. You can just hit the bell and zone.

Rhonara wrote:This might be a cool way for a high-level crafter but a low-level adventurer to get to the AP and complete the crafting quests.  I want to try that tonight if the little ones cooperate.Rho

EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Sharashe

Loremaster

Same thing clicked bell and i thoughed i would be on a boat, but instead (and better) i went straight to FD. Not sure if it depends on your lvl (70 monk)
Sharashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
Etherium

Loremaster

If you wait until the person ahead of you finishes, then quickly camp to another character and camp right back, you will be on the beach next to the rowboat.  I was then able to click the boat and do the quest.  I don't think this will work if someone stays on the boat trying to figure out what to do as you camp and come back, however.
Etherium is offline   Reply With Quote