EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-18-2005, 05:03 AM   #31
Kaes

I think the point is that if and when we start getting instrusive advertising then I'll worry about it. At the moment it isn't spoiling my game, so why worry about it? I know people will reply with posts saying it's the start of the slippery slope to intrusive advertising, but that just isn't necessarily the case. When it impinges on my game play then I'll start kicking up a stink, but until that time I just can't see the point in worrying about what might possibly happen maybe sometime somewhere.
Kaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:10 AM   #32
AlA

I just saw the Pizza thing. LoL, I got co-workers looking at me like I lost it. This is GREAT!! Thanks for the good laugh> I needed this badly! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
AlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #33
Soland

Katxim wrote:
but if I have to watch pizza hut ads as I log in, I will be quitting for sure.
Then why haven't you quit over the processor, memory and video card ads you must watch every time you login?
Neriak.. err Kithicor
Soland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #34
AlA

You serious? It's not a joke? LoL!! Still funny tho! I wonder what's next.

Did ye call the pizza Evercrust?

I notice that when I eat too much of this pizza, my breath stinks and aggros the wife and then I lose access to the "Enchanted Bedroom" zone.
AlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:41 AM   #35
SGrim

Loremaster

Flachette1 wrote:
hahaha thats funny next we will see coca cola logos in game

Unlikely since Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsico so there would be a bit of conflict of interest there.
SGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:48 AM   #36
Miral

Tester

wouldn't it be funny if WoW sponsored dominoes and FF11 sponsored papa johns and people used this fact to decide which game to play? ok not so much funny ,but sad anyway
Old 02-18-2005, 06:03 AM   #37
Oghi

General

Unless they start doing annoying pop-ups at login, or in-game product placement, I think this is just fine.  There are probably a few people who will use the service.  Heck, I probably would if I ate junk food.  Now, come up with /WholeFoodsMarket, and I'll be in SMILEY

Aramur, Illusionist

Arcane Masters, Antonia Bayle
Oghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #38
Damit

I vote friggen lame on this one SoE.  Product placement/advertisement doesn't belong in a video game that I pay a subscription for.  It's one thing to advertise Intel / nVidia and such that if I choose to buy those products COULD enhance my gaming experience.  A pizza hut advertisement has nothing to do with my gaming experience.  If SoE insists on advertisement this way (like our subscription doesn't bring in enough revenue) then give us the option to disable it in launchpad.

Now that I think about it.  If you insist on advertising like this please assure your subscribers that all proceeds will go DIRECTLY to fixing this post beta release.

Thanks.
Damit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:18 AM   #39
aeio

BludBath wrote:
You guys are all missing the point! In beta, it was dominos, now its pizza hut, what did dominos do to deserve the nerf bat?

DOH!THEY NERFED DOMINOS
aeio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:34 AM   #40
Krixi

General

You know things are getting really bad when they start forcing you to complete a quest to order your pizza.....harvest 10 x garlic, collect 50 deer, vulrich, lion, kobold meats for the pepperoni....You'd die before you managed to order your meal, lol.
Krixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #41
Finnat

Just when i think soe cant be any more greedy money grubbing [Removed for Content].......
Finnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #42
Stormreaver

Loremaster

Any chance of getting this garish product placement removed from non-US launchers, since the command and promotion is completely, utterly, and totally US centric (as usual).

Theres more to the world then the US you know. Next time, try making it a worldwide thing, or domt frigging bother at all, all you'll do is remind your non-US players you percieve them as second class, as usual.

Message Edited by Stormreaver on 02-17-2005 06:13 PM

Old 02-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #43
Aegori

General

Finnatae wrote:
Just when i think soe cant be any more greedy money grubbing [Removed for Content].......

i cant even IMAGINE the number of players that would love a feature like this and here's the kind of crap they get. Lemme let you in on a little secret... you don't have to type the command, and you'll never see any advertisements. SOE is a business and will remain a business just about forever. This is a non-intrusive way to offer their customers something many of them purchase anyway. Why would you even take the time and energy to bash an idea like that when it hasn't affected your life in one single solitary way?

/rude

-Aeg

Dev Tracker
Search Function
Aegori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #44
Stormreaver

Loremaster

Because it provides an uncomfortable insight into the priorities at SOE. Yes, they are a business. But SOE are blind to anything but making money. It also paint them as very much a "Anywhere outside the US is Here Be Dragons" company - anyone playing on the EU servers will tell you how we are treated as inferior players of the game - here's more proof that SOE only cares about US subscriptions.

BTW - When in Innoruuk's name are you giving us the promised sensible patch times? Oh yeah, you forgot about us - again. When was the last time any mod or dev even looked at the UK server boards? Uh... oh yeah, we dont HAVE a UK mod. Nuff said.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #45
Bezado

Loremaster

LOL after looking at that pizza thread for the advertisement why don't EQ2 add a quest in game that you must complete and when you complete it it brings up a half off coupon to print for your Pizza Hut pizza. So you play and do this really hard quest just to get the coupon, wouldn't the fat people who don't move out there chairs love this one! It can be awesome, think about it for those who love to order pizza and eat at there computer to get that mouse all greased up and keys! Might make for faster typing moving?
Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #46
Miral

Tester

hey lumping fat and lazy into one category isnt cool =P theres also lazy skinny people and active fat people =P
Old 02-18-2005, 08:34 AM   #47
Azaik

Loremaster

FYI, the /pizza command has actually been in since beta. It's just that no one has noticed yet (again) till now.
Azaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #48
GrimStone

Loremaster

EQ2... Good

Pizza... Good,

Add revenue... Good.

Emjoying a Deep Dish Meat Lovers and a frosty beverage, while playing EQ2 [Faar'bott'n] Good!!!
GrimStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #49
Miral

Tester

actually for a time, /pizza brought you to the eq2 preorder page =P
Old 02-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #50
Silversnow

Loremaster

Oh noes! I see the EQII logo on that button in game. I'm being advertised a game i already bought. Account Cancled!Seriously. Unless they are doing system messages or even motd's i dont see a problem with this. Its not an advert IN game, it's out of the game. For the valentines day there was a poll link on that update screen. If you clicked on it, it asked what various rewards should be for screen shot contest. Most of those looked like possible promotional partners. Where were your complaints then?You can not get spammed with the /pizza thing unless you type it. It's like signing up for an EQ2 email news letter and then [FAAR-NERFED!]ing about getting EQ2 related promotions in email. Dont sign up . Problem solved.I guess some people just are never happy. SoE could put in a /kick_me_in_the_gonads command and no doubt would get flamed for the npc that shows up and kicks them out of the game.Edit: Apparently i dont know how to spell logo. SMILEY

Message Edited by Silversnow on 02-18-2005 10:18 AM

Old 02-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #51
Tulw

What about those of us that don't have a Pizza Hut near by to deliver to us?

WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME SOO... uh SOE!! WAHHH!!! *runs away crying*
Old 02-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #52
Yeev

This is the best thread ever, gotta float this one. SMILEY
Old 02-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #53
Sindel

Pretty [FAAR-NERFED!] disgusting..  after something like this the step to popups arent far behind.. and my bet is that since people are idiots they will just go along with it..  if the game is in so much economical need of help that it needs to be sponsored by a bloody pizza company then perhaps you should just throw in the towel right away instead.
Sindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #54
Obi

So... how about the possibilities of ordering one to Sweden? Would it still be warm when it arrives?
Hmm.. Actually, I'm starting to wonder how much money is involved in this deal between SoE and  Pizzahut for this commersial advertisement in game. heh...

As long as it doesn't cause any bugs in game I don't mind it.. And as long as the devs don't focus doing revamps for it because they all like pizza :smileywink: (joking)

Obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #55
WuphonsReach

Tester

Like I said on page 1... I'm amused by it. Advertising screens during the loading process aren't that big a deal (we already see ads for NVIDIA before you enter the game). Heck, since I order from Pizza Hut about once a month, I'll be sure to try and use this command (enlighted self interest... if it's a successful campaign, SOE gets more money from Pizza Hut and I'll either get more content or a longer time before SOE raises prices).As to why I order online (which I already do)? I like seeing a menu, with options, because I don't order the same thing every time, and sometimes I pick and choose. Or I may want to make sure that I have enough cash on hand and don't want to waste the order taker's time.Just remember... tip the pizza delivery driver.
WuphonsReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #56
UGCMadm

If youre going to have the /pizza command....you have to include the
/beer command also! Cant have a pizza without the beer! :smileyvery-happy:
Old 02-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #57
SideshowBob

Loremaster

To commemorate the new partnership between SOE and Pizza Hut, Sony has redesigned the Lucan D'Lere claimed in-game statue:

Message Edited by SideshowBob on 02-18-2005 09:58 AM

SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:28 PM   #58
Justicar333

Loremaster

Yep, that about fits with the idea SOE seems to have about SKs.  Well maybe they will replace some of the broken SK skills with the ability to summon pizza and 2 litters of soda.  Nice high regen (attunable of course).  Perhaps some actual solo writs, deliver a Supreme to Antonia Balye in 30 mintues or less.  :smileyvery-happy:
Old 02-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #59
Fenri

Aparenrtly Prozac doesn't advertise in Europe either.
Fenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #60
Bergenson

Loremaster

OMG  This is too funny and the possibilities are simply freakin mind boggling.  I wish they would add a cable modem ad so I knew which one would not reset every time I zone. Oh wait folks have trouble with the NVidia line too. NM

coming soon...the EL boatride brought to you by Mercury outbaords 
                                            OR
Dwapple lvl 50 Guardian you just became the first on your server to kill the "Son of Sleeper"  What are you going to do now ?  /mouse ears

Bergenson is offline   Reply With Quote