EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #31
Ildarus

Loremaster

Rokjin wrote:
From my testing it happens between each swing. I was queing up my CAs so that at all times a CA was queued, and auto-attacks were still going off inbetween them. So either the game or lag allows for a swing inbetween the end of a CA and the next queued one or you can actually auto-attack during recovery timers.

63 DR? Doomrage Blade?  If you were using dual wields with a combined DR of more then 90 before, then yeah, it is a bit of a downgrade weapon wise. I am a great fan of Wisdom line, but I cannot reinforce enough that your weapons are the most important factor.

Even if you have all 50 points, AA points only raise your damage by a total of about 15% in a best case scenario. Going from a 63 DR 1H weapon to a 72 DR 1H and upgrading a few skills would have the same effect.

Doomrage is correct!!! Well I tried switching back to dual wield, until I can get a better 1 hander. I won't be able to respec my AA's to reflect that so I will have to deal with it but I made an observation. I was in the vaults with a group last night and I was constently getting out dps's by the bruiser in the group when I was dual wielding. Then when we got to the top floor I decided to switch to my blade of Bixies with its 62 DR. I went to that one because I could use my Torprous Strike with that, but cant on the Doomrage. I suddenly was out DPS'ing the group and even the Wizzy in a couple fights, I think he might have been falling asleep though. Then on the Vault Keeper I was happy to see things the way they should be. Maybe not as good as some, but it ended up being a two minute fight and I parsed just under 1000 and 37% of my damage was done with Melee. I am going to do a little bit more experimenting this week.

Another question kind of related. I posted on this once before and was told it didn't make any difference but I have an assassin in our guild that keeps insisting that when dual wielding you need the highest DR weapon in your primary. I asked why and he says that the DR of your primary weapon effects CA's. Is this true of anyones observations?

Serpaw-Level 74 Berserker

Simbarth-Level 22 Shadowknight/76 Alchemist
Ildarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #32

Doomrage is correct!!! Well I tried switching back to dual wield, until I can get a better 1 hander. I won't be able to respec my AA's to reflect that so I will have to deal with it but I made an observation. I was in the vaults with a group last night and I was constently getting out dps's by the bruiser in the group when I was dual wielding. Then when we got to the top floor I decided to switch to my blade of Bixies with its 62 DR. I went to that one because I could use my Torprous Strike with that, but cant on the Doomrage. I suddenly was out DPS'ing the group and even the Wizzy in a couple fights, I think he might have been falling asleep though. Then on the Vault Keeper I was happy to see things the way they should be. Maybe not as good as some, but it ended up being a two minute fight and I parsed just under 1000 and 37% of my damage was done with Melee. I am going to do a little bit more experimenting this week.

Another question kind of related. I posted on this once before and was told it didn't make any difference but I have an assassin in our guild that keeps insisting that when dual wielding you need the highest DR weapon in your primary. I asked why and he says that the DR of your primary weapon effects CA's. Is this true of anyones observations?

That is wrong. CAs are not affected by your weapons at all. You do want you highest DR in primary though if you use Hurricane (which is pretty much almost always for me).

Atten, Swashbuckler of Drow
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #33
MrDiz

General

Interesting anecdote that supports the high delay fans: Before i managed to pick up some decsent 1hers I had a 65DR sword with 1.6 delay i think. Now with wisdom line I still did more damage using my 63dr wurmslayer as a 1her (even on non-draconics). What is even stranger to me is that I still parsed slightly higher using the wurmslayer as a 1her than I did with wurmslayer and windrazor (61dr).....I gave up trying to figure it out mathematically and just accepted the parses SMILEY I now use kilj and bloodaxe before anyone griefs me for having such bad weapons and im saving my dkp for the day something better drops although right now im worried cos our fighters have so many dkp and nothing to use them on.... damned tanks. We need 1hers that tanks CANT use. I mean really .. a bezerker with a rapier??

Message Edited by MrDizzi on 08-29-2006 06:54 AM

( Peek inside Dizzi's Home )
MrDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #34
Rokjin

Loremaster

It's worth pointing out that another Berserker has answered my posts on their forums and stated that they cannot auto-attack during the recovery timer, even if they cancel the buff.

So there is some 'gap' of lag or just the game checking for an auto-attack inbetween queued CA's.

Rokjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #35
Skratttt

Loremaster

Drizzy are u sure u did not have wurmy in 2h mode before they nerfed that SMILEY ?? actually im thinking it was the huricane diference maybe.....who knows SMILEY
Skratttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #36
Cocytus

Loremaster

*eyes Dizzi's sig*

Woah, so I'm not the only person with 3 70's...bruiser/SK/swash here. :p

Message Edited by Cocytus on 08-29-2006 04:23 PM

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #37
MrDiz

General

Skratttt wrote:
Drizzy are u sure u did not have wurmy in 2h mode before they nerfed that SMILEY ?? actually im thinking it was the huricane diference maybe.....who knows SMILEY

No it was in DW SMILEY But yeah i was a surprised as you but I kept acceptable dps levels even next to raiders at the top of their game. All i can imagine is the 3sec delay allowed me to keep my autoattack dps high even though i tend to chain CAs.Still there is no competition now that I have the claymore rapier reward. Its only 1.6 delay but the dr on it means its a whole new dps tier for me SMILEY Making the predators sweat now and earn their keep.
( Peek inside Dizzi's Home )
MrDiz is offline   Reply With Quote