EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
RustyB

ok guys here is my problem i have only raided 3 times since they did away with the proc on the 2nd attack and I am thinking wow my dps has went way down then i heard about the auto attack bug and i thought ok that is why.  Well raided for the 1st time with my swash since they fixed it since i been looking for a new guild and my dps is still about the same as was when we had auto attack bug so i am thinking i am missing something cause i know it isnt suppose to be this badam running in the 600 -800 range and i dont like that.  I know it isnt the class it has to be me.Got wis line  fated cypher blade and decent armor a few nemesis peices , i think what i am missing is how to chain my attacks , u guys got any ideas oh and all my CA's are adept 3 or master leaning heavy to masterthanksCelinar 70 swash
RustyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #2

dunno the dmg rating on that weapon, what is it? Are you using Hurricane and Inspiration when up? Those 2 are key to maximize dps

Atten, Swashbuckler of Drow
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
Luk

General

one thing I have noticed a big difference in is facing, it got so finicky that I turned on my auto avatar facing, I could be right behind the mob, looking straight at it, but not auto attacking because my facing was slightly off.The only thing that is reaally going to effect your DPS with your cycle chain is at the start of the fight, hit your 2 mit debuffs first and keep them up constantly, other than that, nothing in your cycling is going to increase DPS.Group make up is the biggest single variable to DPS on a raid, if you have DPS buffs from a bruiser, Inqui and dirge, you will see a huge difference in your DPS, haste buff from monk is a nice little bonus too.

Message Edited by Licit on 07-18-2006 01:13 AM

Luk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Zygwen

Loremaster

Group makeup can make a big difference. We can only buff our +dps mob for short durations so to maximize our dps we need a group that can boost our +dps mod to 77% and then stack as many melee procs as possible. We don't have to worry as much about increasing our %haste mod because the bravado line + worn haste + imbue ring can get us close to 100% already. The final piece of the puzzle is getting a good weapon or two.

Joannax, lvl 90 Troubador
Sacrifice
Oasis

Zygwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
Davhanama

Loremaster

In raids without significant buffing by other players I can run 400-700 dps.  When I have the right buffs on me I can get as high as 1100 dps.  Remember that your debuffs can increase everyone's dps.  I try to look at the "big picture"

That is at level 70, dual wielding, each weapon rating is roughly 59

Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM   #6
Luk

General

He has a good weapon, though the proc is useless to him, its pretty much a druid/crusader sword.aITEM -1520212417 -526261023:Fated Cipherblade/aother thing to remember, make sure bravado has proced when you pop Inspiration, you want your haste at or near 100% when using Inspiration
Luk is offline   Reply With Quote