EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
NG23985_01

Loremaster

I saw a post in the Test section of the forums from Moorgard (I think) that had the following change listed:

"- Magi's Shielding training upgrades will now increase in effectiveness throughout the life of your character. This applies to all mage classes."

When class/subclass training abilities were first added, i chose the shielding upgrade, but then i noticed it stopped scaling up at level 20 and I regretted my choice since it was inferior to Magi Shielding at the time, since it stopped growing. When we were given a chance to ReSpec shortly thereafter, I chose a different ability; Kazlo's Frigid Bolts, I Figured cycling an extra AE in would be useful, and it was. If this change is made to the Shielding upgrades, I definately want to ReSpec again and choose the shielding upgrade, even if thats the only ability I get to reselect. :smileyindifferent:
NG23985_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Dae

I was under the impression you got the chance to respec every time you selected a training option. I've done it and twice and I know a guild mate has done it 3 times.

Wormwood Hex - Ratonga! - [Warlock (50) / Tailor (50)]
Ponk Fury - Ratonga! - [Berserker (not 50)]
D Khar - Splitpaw Server
Dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Crono1321

Loremaster

I have never been able to respec as I made my warlock THE DAY OF THE PATCH!!!!  :smileyindifferent::smileysad:
Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
SilentSam

Loremaster

They need a permanent solution to the respec thing. 

I wish they'd make an NPC trainer in town that would let you retrain em for a price.  That way yer not doing it all the time but you can do it if you really need to.

from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #5
Valg

yeah i agree i really want to respec for that shielding now, since kazlo's frigid bolts is now trivial. i dont understand why you couldn't just respec endlessly....thats what it looked like at first. people would be able to test they're training without picking one that sucked. i guess the downside is they can change they're resistence again and again depending on which mob they're going to fight, but, as silientsam said, an npc that you had to pay to respec would solve that problem easily.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #6
Spag

Yeah, the price would have to be hefty enough as to not be an everyday occurance.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:14 AM   #7
Raminicus

Loremaster

charging status points might be a good way to do it

Naelin Anduial, Ranger of Qeynos
Rilvayne, ShadowKnight of Freeport
Krroog, Berzerker of Freeport
================================
Raminicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 AM   #8
SilentSam

Loremaster

Daerv wrote:
I was under the impression you got the chance to respec every time you selected a training option. I've done it and twice and I know a guild mate has done it 3 times.

Is that true?  Has anyone else noticed this?   I'm getting close to level 40 and I've been saving my respec.  If what Daerv was saying is true, I should respec before 40 if i'm gonna get another.

Raminicus wrote:

charging status points might be a good way to do it

Great idea,  I definately think that would be a good way to do it.

from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
Dae

I don't know exactly how it worked. It "appeared" to me that I got a 2nd chance to respec once I hit 30 but it just may have been that I happened to level around the same time a patch reset the respec options again. I was 32 when I respec'd to pick the stifle and I was most definitely in my late 20s when I respec'd to pick the proc buff. I'd quite like to respec again actually. The stifle was only useful on mobs one or two levels higher than the tongue twist cap.

Wormwood Hex - Ratonga! - [Warlock (50) / Tailor (50)]
Ponk Fury - Ratonga! - [Berserker (not 50)]
D Khar - Splitpaw Server
Dae is offline   Reply With Quote