EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Developer

The "Underdepths Saga" signature quest line is available for players level 100+.

Speak with Virun D'Xyafin in Neriak, or Dangle Springbolt in Greater Faydark to begin your adventure!

Please post any feedback or bugs you may find with the signature quest line in this thread. This will help us keep it as organized as possible and get the feedback to the appropriate designer.

Also, be sure to include Your Alignment (evil/Neriak or good/Kelethin), Quest Name, Who gave the quest, and What your journal says when submitting issues.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

A couple things to keep in mind with these quests: There are no RoI (region of interest) markers on the map for quests, and you'll find that there are few sparkles on objects. Instead, quest objects are signs, so you'll be able to see them by mousing over them. The goal is to make questing less auto-pilot, requiring a bit more attention, and encouraging collaboration. With that said, if you find a quest step that does not give group updates, and you think it should, let us know.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 02:46 AM   #3
Kaitheel

Developer

Some changes headed to Beta, based upon today's feedback:
  • Many dialogue and journal typos corrected
  • Underdepths Saga: Into Darkness - Journal gives direction for Ironblood Fungus Farm
I am not sure when these changes will make it to Beta, though I suspect it will be on Thursday, 10/22.

Thank you all for jumping on, and giving feedback so quickly!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 03:47 AM   #4
Cleitus

So, the instance Algorithm for Destruction, required by the quest Zaphardt's Defenders is down until the 26th as well?
Old 10-21-2015, 04:38 AM   #5
Bloodguts

It's Pillar Time quest is broken. Cannot be go past the 4th quest update of killing the Aberrants. No matter how many aberrants you kill that spawn from clicking the pillar, the quest will not update.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
Kaladz

Yeah, doesn't seem to be accessible at the current time Frown
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #7
Soresha

So... all instances are down until 26th so that people can focus on quest and population testing. But actually we can't get on with testing the main signature quest line (and checking respawn rates of quest mobs etc). We're all blocked from proceeding, stuck waiting for the first of the quest instances.

Uhh guys... want to rethink this one and let us into just the solo quest versions of these instances. if possible please? Smile
Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 AM   #8
Kaitheel

Developer

SooooOOOooo... Due to popular demand, we're hoping to make a compromise and get the solo versions of the dungeons open on Friday, 10/23.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #9
I like bears

In one of the subquests, "Scanning the Seals," after the step of "Scan the sealed door in the north of the sublevel Access Antechamber", I placed the scanner on the north door, and next update said the north door again instead of saying the south door (where the correct scanner actually is).

I submitted a bug report too.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #10
Kaladz

Awesome!
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #11
Bloodguts

Patch and downtime finished. logged in to try and enter the solo zone inside Maldura and the doors are still not clickable.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #12
Kaitheel

Developer

All solo dungeons are opened now. Have fun!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #13
Uncle

the spider in Maldura: algorithm for destruction is not dropping the quest item cabalbox access pin to progress the quest
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #14
Buco

Maldura: Algorithms of Destruction:
- Cabalbox access pin does not drop, also searched the whole zone after Blackbolt is dead for a while
- Phylacterions (item are no zone flagged) are removed if you zone out or crash, which makes the quest impossible to proceed
Buco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #15
Xianthia

How are you folks actually killing the spider (X-O Arachmec) in Algorithm for Destruction? I can get the mob to approximately 18% and it stops taking damage. His adds drop an electro-charged battery but I've not been able to use it on this mob. Any help/hints would be appreciated. Smile

I have other updates for the quest so far.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #16
Chrol

Developer

The phylacteries and all other items obtained within the Algorithm For Destruction that are related to the zone's progression should be returned when you re-enter. I'll get a fix in for that right away.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #17
sojuc

**raise hand** the catalbox access pin to progress the quest not dropping from spider unless we are doing something wrong...Tongue
Old 10-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #18
Kaitheel

Developer

You're not doing anything wrong. The quest is! I'm fixing that internally, right now.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #19
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes have been made internally:
  • Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - Undertook sentry upgrade plans respawn much faster.
  • Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - Quest now recognizes the death of the X-O Arachmech successfully.
When these changes hit the Beta server they should be included in the update notes.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #20
Tabri

Wow thanks for helping on the weekend, I guess this will be tomorrow then? The spider for the pin is now a no show, doesnt even show up at all I did entire zone.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 AM   #21
Jazzalyn

The Disturbed Dhalgars that spawn in the "Tranquil Halls" takes too long to respawn in my opinion. I grouped up with another person to take them out and we were both sitting there waiting for them to respawn for a good few minutes - enough that we ran off to kill bats to get experience while killing time. This might be a bottle neck when expansion releases. Maybe they could have a spawn time closer to the mushroom men at the farm?

Additionally, for Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - the undertok sentry upgrade plans are not shared when you pick them up, but both players get the undertol sentry upgrade parts.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #22
Jrel

Zaphart's Defenders: The pages also could respawn quicker please. There's only been 8 spawn points that I can find, that leaves 4 still to do. Waiting on 24 minutes now for the 9th-12th.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #23
thulia

quest still not updating for me on 2 accounts
thulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
Elowith

With the heroics currently unaccessible, how do I know if I'm done with the Signature questline? I have two bits that end in heroics - Underdepths Sage:Zaphardt's... and Umbrite Locked Tight. I know that this isn't meant to be a completely sequential sig line, but some sort of indication of progress would really be helpful.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #25
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, that's because the changes are not on Beta, yet.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #26
Kaitheel

Developer

It is intended that you can finish "Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders" in the advanced solo versions of the dungeons (which have been open since Friday), but there was a bug with this one. The fix should be in with the next Beta build.

Umbrite Locked Tight does require "Maldura: District of Ash [Heroic]" but it is not a signature quest. It is a side quest in Maldura. That said, the heroic dungeons are planned to open today.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #27
Sorden

in algorithm for destruction (adv solo) can't find the last disabled undertok sentry to activate it. radar shows where it placed but actually it not visible, seemed to be hide in textures
Old 10-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #28
Alienor

US: Eyes of Ironshadow: The maps in DoA are not trackable. Could this be changed? The locs will eventually end up at the wiki anyway. Additionally I am having a hard time to find the last two pages.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #29
Sintropy

It seems the number of pages per instance are variable so you would have to do the zone twice like I did. I don't know if this is intended, but it worked.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #30
Tipperton

Katheel -
Today, I am up to Underdepths Saga: Unveiled Dangers. Can this one also be completed in Advanced Solo's or does it require heroic? Sintropy & I are both at this stage, we tried Adv. Solo, but no update. We tried heroic, were able to take down a few of the solo Kobolds, but couldn't duo the grouped ones (Not surprised considering he is a Monk & I am a ranger & only have our mercs to heal when they feel like it haha).