EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

hey all! I've been remodeling my first characters home for 3 months now in 2 Lucie Street in South Qeynos, and it turns out I have a decors block on my living room.

I tried to make like an old traditional and country style house like an old couple that lived theres in years but kinda ran out of ideas. and also I wish there was a Damask armchairs that matches the Couch.   o well, here's the pics and see what I mean.

got any ideas? thanks.

[email protected] server in Everquest extended

Justinalyn & [email protected]
tenchgirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Katz

Loremaster

hmmm.... I agree, we need more pieces of furniture to match that couch, such as arm chairs.   One thing you could do is put in some of the round tables as side tables by the couch and use a round rug shrunk down to look like a doily.  

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Jexi
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks

Loremaster

Looking good so far. SMILEY

Jexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Goldinrae

Loremaster

Love the start, the room is looking good.

If you're looking for matching fabrics, maybe check out some of the erollisi-made pillows?  Off the top of my head I think there would be some pink you could match in and make a comfy chair or dress up existing ones SMILEY

Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Afista

Loremaster

You living room is looking great so far!

I was thinking if you did want an armchair to match your couch, maybe you could make something like this. I played around with 3 padded red dining chairs for it. Also, the padded redwood stool could match as an ottoman. It seems like something a little old couple might have. Fabric wise, maybe the ornate cambric rug, for the muted offwhite color or some Silken padding throw cushions. All of them have patterns/textures I'd think to see in an older couples house.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

I was thinking if you did want an armchair to match your couch, maybe you could make something like this. I played around with 3 padded red dining chairs for it. Also, the padded redwood stool could match as an ottoman. It seems like something a little old couple might have. Fabric wise, maybe the ornate cambric rug, for the muted offwhite color or some Silken padding throw cushions. All of them have patterns/textures I'd think to see in an older couples house.

That looks like an awesome armchair to go with the couch. I might have to borrow that idea.

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
Catri

Loremaster

How about a nicely displayed english tea set?  Some books and an ornate reading lamp? Or a very prim and proper music device... a piano, old style radio, gramaphone even?   I'm assuming these are 'genteel elders btw,  not salty pipe smoking eldars with some of grandma's special home brew rheumatism medicine in the coffee.... SMILEY

- Aulwyse Undafhot, of the Emerald Order, Crushbone -

- K'tri, Katri, Ursala, Nunzilla, and Lemming Merange, all also of the Emerald Order, Crushbone, of course
Catri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Atmu

Loremaster

What Afista  suggested  is very pretty. I would go with that and the elegant coffee table from the Erollisi Love Notes or hard Candy.  Also maybe dont do the wall behind the fireplace with the stone but keep it white as well.

Greetings Mu!

Atmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

wow! thanks so much for the arm chair idea. I just made mine not to long ago and it matches the living room furnture very well.  

I added a few things in the living room. as for the cambric rug you suggested I couldnt make it or buy it because the rare roots and the made rugs are expansive in the broker and I'm just to lazy to harvest one. so I made the round quilt rug to make it like a vintage look and it does smooth out the colors on the walls and the stone fireplace.

as far as focusing the couch side, now I need to focus around the Armoire. I put An Unfinished Wantia Armoire as a closed entertainment center but some things are missing too.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Catri wrote:

How about a nicely displayed english tea set?  Some books and an ornate reading lamp? Or a very prim and proper music device... a piano, old style radio, gramaphone even?   I'm assuming these are 'genteel elders btw,  not salty pipe smoking eldars with some of grandma's special home brew rheumatism medicine in the coffee....

love the english tea idea! I'll probably set it on the coffee table. and put A Plate of Erollisi Chip Cookies on the side.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Katz

Loremaster

Looking good!  Perhaps a cushion in the rocking chair and  a small picture on the wall by the entertainment center.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
Catri

Loremaster

Honestly I'd leave the armoir side as it is. It looks great, simple and uncluttered.  If there is an entertainment center within then keep in mind those doors will be open most the time someone is in the room.   At the most maybe a small 'family portrait' or something like Katz suggested.

- Aulwyse Undafhot, of the Emerald Order, Crushbone -

- K'tri, Katri, Ursala, Nunzilla, and Lemming Merange, all also of the Emerald Order, Crushbone, of course
Catri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Catri wrote:

Honestly I'd leave the armoir side as it is. It looks great, simple and uncluttered.  If there is an entertainment center within then keep in mind those doors will be open most the time someone is in the room.   At the most maybe a small 'family portrait' or something like Katz suggested.

I was thinking on a family portrait pic to put on the left wall a couple days ago. I was looking at the "Visage of the Scorned" painting, but it turns out I dont have the expantion to get it and they want 13 plat on the broker, so I gotta look what other family paintings.  and it sucks that "Rough Linen Portrait" is to big, it would look great if they have it 3 size smaller.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
Lillaanya

Loremaster

That armchair is one of my favorite things I have seen in awhile.  It's made me want to look at all the chairs in a new way now SMILEY

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #15
Afista

Loremaster

So happy the chair worked out for you SMILEY And the rug you used looks great! Love the lamps too and can't wait to see the house completely together.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

So happy the chair worked out for you  And the rug you used looks great! Love the lamps too and can't wait to see the house completely together.

hehe, yes it did. thanks for making the idea of the armchair. it makes the living room like a homey feel.  I can't wait till my house is all finished,  I still have to make the master and the upstairs bathrooms and the rest of the kitchen.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

ok, I added 3 urns on top of my entertainment center to match the mirrors above my couch, and added a pillow on the rocking chair like Katz suggested, and put 2 scenery pictures on the left side of the wall. (can't do a family portrait pics like a couple people suggested, to big.  

what do ya guys think?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
Katz

Loremaster

The pillow coordinates well with the rug and looks very comfy.   The urns also corrdinate with your pot for your plant.

As for the paintings...just my personal preferance, but I would just have the bottom one there and move it up just a little bit.   I wouldnt have two there and wouldn't have it above the height of the entertainment center.   But again, that is just my personal preferance.   

I really like the look you are achieving.   I think you are hitting spot on for your theme.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

better?

Old 07-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Karrane1

Tester

Much =)  

I cant wait to see this all done =)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
Geden
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blood Rain

Loremaster

I love your Wantia and rocking chair combo, very rustic and country-like. Maybe add a matching rug in dull reds to enhance the feel? The rest looks greatSMILEY

Geden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #22
Katz

Loremaster

tenchgirl15 wrote:

better?

I love it!   Now if you could get your dog to stay posed just like that all the time, lol.   You have really captured your intent, I think!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

tenchgirl15 wrote:

better?

I love it!   Now if you could get your dog to stay posed just like that all the time, lol.   You have really captured your intent, I think!

lol! thanks! I think it does look better. I'll try to make Bosco sit, he's always in the living room and the kitchen anyway.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I love your Wantia and rocking chair combo, very rustic and country-like. Maybe add a matching rug in dull reds to enhance the feel? The rest looks great

thanks. you mean get raid of the quilt rug and replace a red one? just asking.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

now that the entertainment center area is done. now let's focus on the fireplace area. I don't really want it cluttered because of my space limit but I just can't figer out what to put or hang on here.  

any suggections guys and gals?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Maybe some HQ items, like the orbs you can get from a couple of them? There's also those new Qeynos paintings, one of them might look nice hung up there. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #27
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Maybe some HQ items, like the orbs you can get from a couple of them? There's also those new Qeynos paintings, one of them might look nice hung up there.

I did put a couple new ones up there from the new Qeynos quest but they look a little big on the fireplace.  what's HQ by the way?