EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Suppler

Loremaster

I'm toying with the idea of deactivating my regular subscription EQ2 gold account.

I'm just wondering if all my legendary+ gear will be stripped off all my characters, since technically the account would not be deactivated, but fall to bronze status (or whatever the free/free is called). It is not my intention to use my account while it's in the status. When I decide to play again, I will bring it back to regular subscription.

Suppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Suppler wrote:

I'm toying with the idea of deactivating my regular subscription EQ2 gold account.

I'm just wondering if all my legendary+ gear will be stripped off all my characters, since technically the account would not be deactivated, but fall to bronze status (or whatever the free/free is called). It is not my intention to use my account while it's in the status. When I decide to play again, I will bring it back to regular subscription.

From what i understand all gear will pop off into inventory when you are downgraded to silver the first time you log on.  if you go back to gold you can just upt it all back on, or play at silver by buying 'unlockers' at 1.50 for 5 or something. 

if you do nothing til u go back gold its exactly the same as letting the sub lapse as before, nothing happens.

I can tell you more in a week when 4 of my 5 accounts lapse to silver.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Suppler

Loremaster

I was kind of hoping this was the case. That if I simply don't log in ever as nonGold, then nothing will have "popped off" when I next log in with a reSubbed Gold.

If anyone's curious, I'm loving TOR way more than anticipated, which was quite a bit. And AoD... more like o than an actual material expansion. I'm glad I only paid $15 for it with a walmart doublestationash card. I mean EQ2 is still a great game, but I ran out of things to do even before DoV (not a raider/grouper) had run it's course. So, I'm thinking about letting my account lapse until the next xpac.

I'm not even sure how DoV is supposed to work exactly. I'd heard that it was originally two expansions. But then they changed it after initial release to trickle out instead, that it would be trickling out through 2013. But then they have AoD in the middle of it? AoD doesnt have any lands (not yet anyway), so it's more like a featureset? Of DoV? Or is it an interim expansion? Or is DoV actually done? I've also heard AoD will have new zones eventually. Will those new zones qualify as AoD or DoV2/trickle? I think those new zones should have been in with the AoD launch. That's not right that they weren't. I have decided this. /nod

Suppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

AoD is a features only expansion... the first of its kind.  The expansion change was explained in the forums from SJ a while ago, stating that game updates would now include content, and expansions would be more feature based going forward... we shall see if it holds true though from how AoD did in sales.

DoV part 2 will come in the next few GUs.  We should expect to see more from the western half of velious starting in the Feb/march timeframe.

Of course nothing is official yet, just information from random forum posts.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Raknid

Loremaster

Suppler wrote:

I was kind of hoping this was the case. That if I simply don't log in ever as nonGold, then nothing will have "popped off" when I next log in with a reSubbed Gold.

It won't pop off your adorments even if it did unequip your gear, so you should be alright.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Leinna

Loremaster

What happens to Master spells when you change to Silver?

I assume they go to Adept would they go back to Master when you go back to Gold?

Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

What happens to Master spells when you change to Silver?

I assume they go to Adept would they go back to Master when you go back to Gold?

What i hear is what you have mastered stays, but new ones require unlockers.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Lithran

Loremaster

ALL gear that is Legendary or Fabled will pop into your bags (you can buy Unlockers)

Money will stay,but will not increase to the 20gold / level (no unlockers, but just buy TS fuels in stacks to get more gold)

All spells stay, but any new ones you can only do Master Crafted ones, unless you buy unlockers.

No access to selling on broker, can buy though (you can get unlockers to place items on broker to sell)

AA slider bar stays at 50% and cannot be moved.

You cannot even use the SC cloaks or items that are Fabled, though you can use mounts since you do not equip them

That is what I can remember so far.

Lithran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
Ilavatar

Loremaster

What happens when you unlock your gear while Silver, then go to Gold for a while, then go back to Silver?

Is the gear you previously paid to unlock still unlocked? Or do you have to pay to unlock it all over again?

Ilavatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #10
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Ilavatar wrote:

What happens when you unlock your gear while Silver, then go to Gold for a while, then go back to Silver?

Is the gear you previously paid to unlock still unlocked? Or do you have to pay to unlock it all over again?

Gear that's unlocked gets a flag of "UNLOCKED" on it, so it should remain that way.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Raknid

Loremaster

Lithran wrote:

No access to selling on broker, can buy though (you can get unlockers to place items on broker to sell)

Just an additional bit of info regarding the broker...

From what little time my accounts went silver (TY 3X SC), I am pretty sure that everything one had placed on the broker stays on the broker and can still be toggled between sell/no sale. I think the broker unlockers work at the point of placing the item in the sales container (whatever that may be).

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote