EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

Will we get back our ratings from The Bazaar?I had about 30 ratings on my dungeon with the new rating system and it was the highest on the server before merge, and now I have 0 ratings...

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Rothgar

Developer

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Will we get back our ratings from The Bazaar?I had about 30 ratings on my dungeon with the new rating system and it was the highest on the server before merge, and now I have 0 ratings...

We're all ratings reset or did it appear to just be yours? 

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Rothgar

Developer

Is the character name Pixiewrath?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Is the character name Pixiewrath?

Yes, and the dungeon is the one I posted on YouTube, "Delving into the Depths".It had 27 ratings last time i checked but I had 12 tokens when I logged in so it might have had more upon the merge.I still have the "rewards" or whatever you call them from before the server merge (the ones that accumulate for a HoF placement), but the "like" ratings are gone.Don't know if it's happened to all players or just me because time is 4:31 in the morning here so i haven't had much time to investigate it further. Really need to sleep now after fixing all my huds and stuff back to normal, lol.Finding that "grey quest display" option was mean...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
gourdon

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

We're all ratings reset or did it appear to just be yours? 

It seems all house and dungeon ratings were reset for characters on The Bazaar.  I know all of my wife's characters had theirs reset.  Her character names are Folly, Gulthog, Reesa, & Thae.  She has already republished all except for the house on Thae.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

I didn't republish anything, it was already published. But ratings were reset.Maybe the server merge republished them for us automatically? :/

Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
gourdon

Loremaster

I didn't republish anything, it was already published. But ratings were reset.Maybe the server merge republished them for us automatically? :/

My wife just decided to unpublish and republish so her stuff wouldn't be buried at the bottom of the queue.  I would actually guess that the data was just lost because they didn't get pushed up to the top where newly published houses and dungeons usually go.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

My wife just decided to unpublish and republish so her stuff wouldn't be buried at the bottom of the queue.  I would actually guess that the data was just lost because they didn't get pushed up to the top where newly published houses and dungeons usually go.

Ratings are lost if you unpublish. The interesting thing is if the ratings were reset before she unpublished them or not.Mine was unpublished as soon as I logged in.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #9
Tayne

Loremaster

Freeport toon here .. just checked mine and the ratings are still there.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:31 AM   #10
Rothgar

Developer

Ok, we found the problem and got it fixed.  No down time was required so you should be able to see the proper house ratings now.

I checked Delving into the Depths and it shows with 41 likes now.

Thank you for pointing this out and I apologize for the confusion!  SMILEY

Take care!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #11
gourdon

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

Ratings are lost if you unpublish. The interesting thing is if the ratings were reset before she unpublished them or not.Mine was unpublished as soon as I logged in.

She and I are well aware that they reset when you unpublish.  They were gone before she unpublished.  She just reset in order to prevent her stuff from languishing at the bottom because the system seemed to recognize that they had been published for a signficant time but had no ratings.  Unpublishing and republishing popped her back up to the top of the housing/dungeon lists so she can have a chance of people seeing her unrated houses and dungeon.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Ok, we found the problem and got it fixed. No down time was required so you should be able to see the proper house ratings now.

I checked Delving into the Depths and it shows with 41 likes now.

Thank you for pointing this out and I apologize for the confusion!

Take care!

Thank you! SMILEY

gourdon wrote:

She and I are well aware that they reset when you unpublish.  They were gone before she unpublished.  She just reset in order to prevent her stuff from languishing at the bottom because the system seemed to recognize that they had been published for a signficant time but had no ratings.  Unpublishing and republishing popped her back up to the top of the housing/dungeon lists so she can have a chance of people seeing her unrated houses and dungeon.

Ah, so you mean it was 0 stars and got treated like it had been there long and got placed at the bottom?Well, I wonder if you got affected by the fix now that you unpublished it...

Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

I've had some other problems as well, but I don't think they are server merge related.First I have lost all my recipe filters and that might have happened after I ran the EQ2test exe in the test server folder while waiting for merge to complete. Seems like it replaced my recipes in my main folder for some reason. Could have been the merge but it would be odd since they are saved locally... (Please, change this so they are saved on server, lol. It's inconventient when you play on different computers.)Secondly I have had a problem CTRL-clicking items to preview them after GU 62. I can never preview items already equipped, and randomly not items in the inventory either like just now when I was in Obelisk of Akhzul. CTRL-clicking the links in the chat windows works to preview them though but it's a bit inconvenient to link them to be able to see them.Also had problems right-clicking my name on the top of the screen since GU 62 to bring up all the menues like mentoring and group loot etc. I kind of have to click 1-2 cm below the name to trigger the options to appear. It's like the hit zone for right clicking is moved down a bit, or that something is blocking the name. (Which is in the top left corner). I tried hitting F10 to see if any windows were overlapping but there was none.Has nothing with dungeon maker to do but since this thread is read by the programmer, I might as well bring it up.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

This new rating system is confusing. Ratings keep going down even though people send mails about that it's one of the best they played.And I don't understand how one playthrough can lower the rating by 3 likes either. I saw one player running through and had lost 3 ratings out of nowhere. I thought it was due to % being used since some people can't tell difference between greyed out thumb and coloured one. (Should be a thumb down instead of a greyed out up thumb, and thumb up should be default instead of dislike to prevent confusion).I have also seen dungeons with 118 likes get 136 likes in a matter of minutes so if it's % then they are abusin something as it goes above 100%.I am confused...Star system was clearer... :/

Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Sorry about the post above. Now I understand the confusion. Didn't know there was a difference in the "recent ratings" section of the dungeon maker window and the "overall" section. Thought both of them displayed the total ratings but sorted in different ways.Lots of mysteries solved by finding that out, lol. Wish overall was default though.