EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #31
Elomort

Loremaster

Support your local crafters don't make the recent problem for carpenters duplicate into all other trades.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #32
Mermut

Loremaster

People don't put mastercrafted gear on the broker because either it doesn't sell, or it sells for less then the rare that went into the peice. If you'd like mastercrafted gear made, you should expect to supply the rare and cover the fuel cost. One of the best places to ask is the crafting channel. Many of the people that inhabit that channel are willing to craft if you supply the rare and cover the fuel cost. Some ask a set fee to cover their time, others rely on the generosity of the 'customer' to pay them for their time in the form of a tip.

Either way, remember that the crafter is taking time out from their own playing and usually using their own raws for the non-rare, so consider what sort of fee/tip you would want if you were the crafter.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #33
thesiren

Loremaster

Why would you even want MC anymore when treasured is as good if not better, and drops like rain?

I never bother crafting armor anymore.  It's totally not worth the time to harvest the rares, let alone the leveling time required.  My 77 tailor and my armorer are forever frozen in time; I hope that someday, Sony will straighten this whole itemization mess out once and for all, but until then....forget it.

My sage is almost a 90, though, and my provisioner is not that far away from it, either....

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #34
BriarHaven

Loremaster

No - there is a player driven economy.       I am not keen about store items which effect the economy negatively. If one wants MC gear there is your local guildy.  )

I am not for items in store like these:

MC items

Research potions (effects sales)

Weapons etc.  

There are many ways to obtain level specific items in games.

BriarHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #35
Onorem

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Support your local crafters! Yeesh

I hate being gouged by crooks 

asked a crafter to make me a couple spells once he wanted 1p + rare each

How dare those 'crooks' ask for something in return. The nerve...

If you don't like the price, find someone else that wants to make it for you or make it yourself.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #36
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords

Loremaster

No gear with real stats should ever be on Marketplace. 

to the OP, thanx, but no thanx. I wish SOE would take out the spell research potions as well ...

Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #37
Peogia

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If you don't like the price, find someone else that wants to make it for you or make it yourself.

Thats not a very constructive post what do you think I did crafters are a dime a dozen

and since they removed combines from crafting the work involved must be to tiring and stress full maybe its worth 100,000,000,000p now

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #38
Elomort

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Thats not a very constructive post what do you think I did crafters are a dime a dozen

and since they removed combines from crafting the work involved must be to tiring and stress full maybe its worth 100,000,000,000p now

I believe you were on Bazaar, now part of Freeport, send me a PM and I will make your spells for fuel cost alone if you supply the rares and come to me. 10 seconds out of my day to help isn't going to kill me.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #39
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Your post about calling crafters crooks wasn't very constructive either. Seems you want everything for free, given the amount of posts from you complaining about how the f2p model has limitations. Now crafters are "crooks" because they actually charge for their services? Get real. Level a craft to 90, craft combines completely free of charge for years and THEN you have the right to complain. Until then, kindly shut your pie hole.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #40
daalberith

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Peogia wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Your post about calling crafters crooks wasn't very constructive either. Seems you want everything for free, given the amount of posts from you complaining about how the f2p model has limitations. Now crafters are "crooks" because they actually charge for their services? Get real. Level a craft to 90, craft combines completely free of charge for years and THEN you have the right to complain. Until then, kindly shut your pie hole.

I tend to agree, but I would take it a step further. Peogia's original post gives no context. Was fuel cost part of the deal or were those spells level 20 or level 80+ for instance? If they were low level then shame on the crafter for over charging (imo). If they were end line spells or high level then shame on Peogia for complaining and not taking advantage of a bargain. That plat might have just been to compensate for fuel if nothing else.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #41
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

People like you are the reason why crafters like me do not offer their services to the general public.

Exactly.  Want something made but don't want to tip?  Make it yourself.

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #42
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords

Loremaster

It's a bit daft to expect someone to craft stuff for you and not expect to tip them.

Personally i hate crafting with a vengeance, but sometimes I do need stuff crafted and when that happens I tip quite a bit. 

For example for a mastercrafted item a while back I tipped the crafter 25 plat.

Why  ? Because these people spend a lot of there time doing what I hate and they deserve the reward for it.

There are crafters who will craft entire sets just for a fuel price and never ask for a tip, you should however tip them anyway.

Don't like / dont want to tip ? Go craft it yourself, I'd say.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #43
Citadelli

Loremaster

I think the only ones affected at all if MC stuff was on the market place are the FTP who don't have an active enough guild.

Since MC gear is the best they can wear without unlocks, and they can't use a broker.  Personally i don't understand why anyone would ever really purchase MC stuff with cash anyways?  You burn through the levels so fast it would be pointless IMO.  My guess is that FTP were more likely paying 150 SC for item unlocks vs actual MC gear so they could wear Legendary+ gear.  There's plenty of that out there to be found.  Guessing they may have took it off because it really wasn't selling?

I feel for armorer's and the likes.  The gear, especially at higher levels is just not what people will buy.  They should be able to make appearance armor like on the Market Place at least.  Give them back a purpose.

Carpenter's still make a lot of money.  Even my girl friend with a lvl 50 carpenter can easily pull in 7-8 plat a day without hardly any work.  Tons of decorating going on!

The Research pots have been the one i see having a real impact on in game economy.  Haven't sold any spells in a while now :-/  Though maybe it's just been low pop lately.

Citadelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
Tatwi

Loremaster

There are so many people who would rather buy crafted items from crafters with in game currency rather than real money that it would not hurt, at all, for those few people who would pay real money for the items to do so.

You folks need to get a grip on reality.

Also, the more people who pay real money to SOE for this game, the longer you'll be able to play it. Also a bit of a reality check for you.

Tatwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #45
Jrral

Loremaster

daalberith wrote:

I tend to agree, but I would take it a step further. Peogia's original post gives no context. Was fuel cost part of the deal or were those spells level 20 or level 80+ for instance? If they were low level then shame on the crafter for over charging (imo). If they were end line spells or high level then shame on Peogia for complaining and not taking advantage of a bargain. That plat might have just been to compensate for fuel if nothing else.

For scale, T9 experts cost not quite 16g each for fuel (not quite 1g 60s per fuel, 10 fuels per combine). I normally charge 3x fuel (1 for the actual fuel, 1 for the raws I'm taking from the guild's supply, 1 for my time), so that'd be 48g per spell assuming you're not interrupting something I'm doing, you're supplying the rare and you're willing to come to my guild hall where I've got everything readily to hand. I can easily see doubling that if I'd need to leave off something else or if you wanted me to come to you, which'd put the price right in the neighborhood of 1p per spell.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #46
Tatwi

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

daalberith wrote:

For scale, T9 experts cost not quite 16g each for fuel (not quite 1g 60s per fuel, 10 fuels per combine). I normally charge 3x fuel (1 for the actual fuel, 1 for the raws I'm taking from the guild's supply, 1 for my time), so that'd be 48g per spell assuming you're not interrupting something I'm doing, you're supplying the rare and you're willing to come to my guild hall where I've got everything readily to hand. I can easily see doubling that if I'd need to leave off something else or if you wanted me to come to you, which'd put the price right in the neighborhood of 1p per spell.

You're not taking into account the 5g or 20g per level cap that free2play players have available to them. Seems your time is worth a lot more than theirs, especially when charging them for something your guild gave to you and is not likely to ask you to pay back...

Tatwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #47
Wolfmyth

Loremaster

You won't find support on these forums for it, you would have on EQ2X forums however. People here are too old fassioned and would rather see the game die (as has been happening) then change. EQ2X-Freeport has been thriving and has the highest population of all the old servers, wonder why? It's a shame it was taken out, but it was done to "ease" the oldies into the new model for all servers. Personally I would have left the two models seperate and keep everyone happy. 

Wolfmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #48
Lempo

Loremaster

Tatwi wrote:

You're not taking into account the 5g or 20g per level cap that free2play players have available to them. Seems your time is worth a lot more than theirs, especially when charging them for something your guild gave to you and is not likely to ask you to pay back...

You are making a baseless assumption that their guild gave them anything other than a place to craft (which they actually probably pay for with writs for status and coin deposits to escrow) the harvest depot? lol don't make me vomit, if they occasionally check the harvesters collect and send them back out they have already paid for whatver raws they use, maybe they have them on them anyway, maybe they deposited 100's or even 1000's of those raws themselves from pack ponies.

Asking 1p for a combine even at T4 is not being a crook or a robber and for T9 if you are only tipping 1P you are being a cheapskate. If I am free and see someone asking then I'll do it, I don't set a price, I just click accept and I ahve had people tip 25 gold (lol) on combines that cost me more than that in fuel, let alone my time I say nothing and go on to what I was about to do, obviously they need it much more.

Elomort is too nice, I wouldn't make an item for a player like peogia if they had a system to where you got 20x the exp for comission crafting something.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #49
Lempo

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

You won't find support on these forums for it, you would have on EQ2X forums however. People here are too old fassioned and would rather see the game die (as has been happening) then change. EQ2X-Freeport has been thriving and has the highest population of all the old servers, wonder why? It's a shame it was taken out, but it was done to "ease" the oldies into the new model for all servers. Personally I would have left the two models seperate and keep everyone happy. 

Too old fashioned? FYI it wasn't taken out to ease the 'oldies' into anything, it was taken out because SOE knew that the backlash would be too much, what is wrong with actually playing the game and earning the items that you need, instead of opening your wallet to get it and being so fail you don't know what to do with it once you get it?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #50
Felshades

Loremaster

Even if they can buy on the broker, they can't afford the rares to make the stuff. I've seen blackened iron clusters go for 10p + each... /shudder

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #51
Lempo

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

Even if they can buy on the broker, they can't afford the rares to make the stuff. I've seen blackened iron clusters go for 10p + each... /shudder

There is an issue of supply and demand to consider, I have about 30 blackened iron clusters in my personal harvest depot across all tiers over 800 rares it is just easier and less time consuming to put them in there because if I were to put on on the broker for 1cp more then peogia thinks they are worth I'd be in the big list of crooks she keeps on a notepad beside her monitor.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #52
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Izeil wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Izeil wrote:

In short, I know those who played on non-Freeport servers generally dislike the ease of the marketplace. A lot of you think it's a "slippery slope for pay to win." It's not. All it is is a time saver for those with more money than time. They're not going to start selling anything more than leveling gear.

Let's see... The FASTEST mounts in the game... SC Shop. The bags with the most available slot sin the game... SC Shop.

The biggest bags in the game are bought from dungeon marks and if 130% mount speed isn't enough for you...

Actually the proper thing is make the SC mounts 125% and if 125% run speed mounts is not good enough for you then go out and earn them in game, but no scrubs can't be expected to do anything.

So... you want to cut 5% runspeed off the SC mounts because 130% isn't good enough for you? That's basically what you're telling us. I have dozens upon dozens of mounts, SC and purchased off vendors, dropped in game. Quested. Hell, you can get a 130% mount just for doing quests on the way to level 20. It is in NO WAY harder to get a 130% mount than it is to get a 135% from SC.

You, I think, are the scrub here. Sorry.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #53
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Felshades wrote:

There is an issue of supply and demand to consider, I have about 30 blackened iron clusters in my personal harvest depot across all tiers over 800 rares it is just easier and less time consuming to put them in there because if I were to put on on the broker for 1cp more then peogia thinks they are worth I'd be in the big list of crooks she keeps on a notepad beside her monitor.

It's more of an issue with the currency caps.

At the level you'd use blackened iron clusters, you sure as hell can't have the several plat people sell them for.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #54
apwyork

Loremaster

Senvares wrote:

i wanna see the level mastercrafted armor and weapons back on the SC store i liked having that around.

NO.  Stat enhancing and ability modifying items need to come off the sc store completely.  If they want to start selling gear for cash, then they need to stop accepting subscription payments.  I pay a subscription to play with others who do so, they added free accounts to all servers and I am fine with that as long as they do not change MY gameplay for it.  I have access to all gear and loot in the game.  The key here is IN THE GAME, not in the cash shop. I am not going to pay a subscription, then buy gear in addition to that.  If other people want mastercrafted gear, they can make it or buy it from tradeskillers.

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #55
GussJr

Loremaster

Iskandar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This^  

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #56
Maisland

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed!

Maisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #57
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed!

Then tell your local crafters to put them on the broker at non dumb prices. Same with the rares.

If the things didn't cost so much(outside f2p coin limits) then people wouldn't want to buy them on the marketplace.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #58
Maisland

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed!

Then tell your local crafters to put them on the broker at non dumb prices. Same with the rares.

If the things didn't cost so much(outside f2p coin limits) then people wouldn't want to buy them on the marketplace.

I would be more likely to sell my crafted stuff on the broker if my competition wasn't selling the same stuff not only for less than what it costs to make the things, but less than what an NPC vendor would pay for it.  Most of the time, I end up vendoring the stuff I make because I can't sell it... or at least that is what I used to do when you got the majority of your crafting xp from first time combines.

Real world analogy:  real stores in the real world charge at least double what they paid for their goods.  This is why they can have half off sales without losing too much money.

Maisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #59
Elomort

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wolfmyth wrote:

It's a shame it was taken out, but it was done to "ease" the oldies into the new model for all servers. 

Too old fashioned? FYI it wasn't taken out to ease the 'oldies' into anything, it was taken out because SOE knew that the backlash would be too much

You are both incorrect. It was taken out in about April or so to combat fraud. Their removal had nothing to do with this recent change.

There were a few threads after that - written by one person to get them back but Freeport had pretty much decided they were not needed, they were never missed.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #60
Raknid

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed!

Those are there as conveniency items for twinks, not goods meant to sell to low level people. It takes close to the same time make a set of tier 2 as it does tier 8, so why waste time on the lower margin stuff if you are crafting for profit.

If you want MC gear the best thing to do is harvest for your rares and then tip a crafter to make it.

Stuff on the broker is marked up by a "convenience" fee, both rares and goods. Your problem is that you want the items to be available immediately from the broker but without paying the "convenience" markup. That isn't how it works.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote