EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Senvares

Loremaster

i wanna see the level mastercrafted armor and weapons back on the SC store i liked having that around.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Kizee

Loremaster

Support your local crafters! Yeesh

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
daalberith

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

This.

Even when i played on Freeport and had access to this I thought it was silly and unecessary. But it's wasn't my money so whatever.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Raknid

Loremaster

Please no.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
TalisX1

Loremaster

Please no. If they feel they must have something bring back the rares and make them all heirloom.That way the crafters can still craft.

Silat

TalisX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Iskandar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This^  

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Onorem

Loremaster

Senvares wrote:

i wanna see the level mastercrafted armor and weapons back on the SC store i liked having that around.

Please No.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
Riftsburn

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Yes! SMILEY

Riftsburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

Senvares wrote:

No thanks, we have crafters for that.

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

Well if its about crafters then we need to show some equality.

Sages are decimated by research potions.

Carpenters are decimated by sc furniture packs that are much better than what we make.

I suppose alchemists and jewellers are hurt too regarding research potions but at least they have other items they can craft.

In my opinion, what is made available on the store should not be nearly as good as what can be bought on the broker, and the research potions should be much more costly than they are.

As it is now, what is the point of crafting?

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Carpenters are decimated by sc furniture packs that are much better than what we make.

I suppose alchemists and jewellers are hurt too regarding research potions but at least they have other items they can craft.

In my opinion, what is made available on the store should not be nearly as good as what can be bought on the broker, and the research potions should be much more costly than they are.

There's little point to crafting...at least until the 1300-1400p reactants come down a bit.

Potions and poisons haven't been worth much for some time now. Cure pots pretty much sell at cost.

Nobody that can run a dungeon or questline is looking for player made jewelry since DoV launched as far as I can tell... While it wasn't great sales, there was at least some market for resist items in SF.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Izeil

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

All 3 scholar classes are actually helped by having research pots buyable. Sure you can do a strait research from apprentice to master but it costs something like 3 times as many research reducers to do so. Having a crafter make you experts is the way to go if you plan on researching.

Carpenters aren't decimated by sc furniture. Those who are really big into decorating (usually the people who have a 90 carpenter in the first place) have unique options from both sources.

Provisioners and Woodworkers still make their consumables that are unable to be bought on the marketplace. All 3 outfitters also make gear that again, cannot be bought on the marketplace. Even if the MC armor was brought back, the higher end stuff that you make from thurg faction books or from the new tradeskill apprentices is unable to be bought so these crafters have options to make money that way. The only thing putting MC armor and heirloom rares on the marketplace really does is give those who like microtransactions the option to save themselves time and annoyance of finding a crafter who actually wants to make lower end MC armor cause I know I sure don't want to do it for them. Those who don't really use the marketplace still have the option of going to the broker.

In short, I know those who played on non-Freeport servers generally dislike the ease of the marketplace. A lot of you think it's a "slippery slope for pay to win." It's not. All it is is a time saver for those with more money than time. They're not going to start selling anything more than leveling gear.

Indoctrination 92/320 Inquisitor

Vorinclex 92/320 Mystic

All 90 Crafters PoP and Prayer Shawl capable
Izeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
Lempo

Loremaster

Izeil wrote:

In short, I know those who played on non-Freeport servers generally dislike the ease of the marketplace. A lot of you think it's a "slippery slope for pay to win." It's not. All it is is a time saver for those with more money than time. They're not going to start selling anything more than leveling gear.

Let's see... The FASTEST mounts in the game... SC Shop. The bags with the most available slot sin the game... SC Shop.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Izeil

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Izeil wrote:

Let's see... The FASTEST mounts in the game... SC Shop. The bags with the most available slot sin the game... SC Shop.

The biggest bags in the game are bought from dungeon marks and if 130% mount speed isn't enough for you...

Indoctrination 92/320 Inquisitor

Vorinclex 92/320 Mystic

All 90 Crafters PoP and Prayer Shawl capable
Izeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Brigh

Loremaster

SoE already screws crafters enough over time by having appearance armor on SC that should be made by tailors/armorers and furniture that should be available by carpenters.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
Torri
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lioncourt

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

SoE already screws crafters enough over time by having appearance armor on SC that should be made by tailors/armorers and furniture that should be available by carpenters.

If you're still playing the game since 2007 or whenever the cash shop was introduced then you stopped getting "screwed over" the first time you renewed your sub. I've never bought anything but services or an expansion with SC, but after 4 years of continuing to sub I think it's a little outdated to still be complaining about the very existence of the SC Marketplace

EDIT: a resounding no to the OP

Torri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

Crafters do need to come to the party.. its silly to go to the broker and find 3 pieces of level 32 chain, none at all for agi and all for stupid prices.

Doesnt affect me personally as awesome guildies craft whatever we need, but its not ideal.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Crafters do need to come to the party.. its silly to go to the broker and find 3 pieces of level 32 chain, none at all for agi and all for stupid prices.

Doesnt affect me personally as awesome guildies craft whatever we need, but its not ideal.

quested and dropped gear is overpowered enough not to worry about having guildies craft anything in the first 50 levels. Weapons maybe...but that's a fast downfall once you hit KoS zones. Solo questlines are incredibly easy. I forgot for 30 minutes yesterday that I had unequipped my weapons in an attempt to tame a new warder that I was killing too quickly.

If lvl 30 gear is worth buying to you, grats. If not, good job at recognizing that stupid prices are stupid.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
Kryvak
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Undercon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Just buy the rares for the armor (usually for a lot less than the armor is selling for on the broker) and ask for a crafter to make them.

Usual Suspects

Everfrost
Kryvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #20
Starlyyte

Loremaster

Izeil wrote:

PLEASE DO NOT consider putting anything 'back' on the cash store until you have posited an ingame Player Vote....

let people EARN their crap...and their fluff ingame.

Starlyyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Definetly let the crafters do their thing!

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
Felshades

Loremaster

quested gear is still better than the crafted stuff.. ><

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

quested gear is still better than the crafted stuff.. ><

So why put the MC stuff back on the marketplace?

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
Peogia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I hate being gouged by crooks 

asked a crafter to make me a couple spells once he wanted 1p + rare each

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #25
Lempo

Loremaster

Izeil wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Izeil wrote:

The biggest bags in the game are bought from dungeon marks and if 130% mount speed isn't enough for you...

Actually the proper thing is make the SC mounts 125% and if 125% run speed mounts is not good enough for you then go out and earn them in game, but no scrubs can't be expected to do anything.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #26
gourdon

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't know about you, but in the time I would spend coordinating with you and making your spells, I could make quite a few plat.  I just love all of the people who spam the channel with "need crafter to make X, tipping well", when they probably think paying gold is tipping well.  Gold is throw away money and not worth the time of anyone at cap.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #27
Brigh

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't know about you, but in the time I would spend coordinating with you and making your spells, I could make quite a few plat.  I just love all of the people who spam the channel with "need crafter to make X, tipping well", when they probably think paying gold is tipping well.  Gold is throw away money and not worth the time of anyone at cap.

Not to mention that crafting in T9 costs ~30/31g in fuel, but your reply shows an underlying attitude that you don't craft because you love it and want to help people, but only craft to get something out of it for yourself.

I would never charge someone plat to make a T4 item.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #28
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Crooks, huh? I guess it's too much to ask a crafter to take time out of THEIR play schedule, use THEIR mats (minus the rare), THEIR fuel, and then they have the nerve to ask for a tip for crafting something that has absolutely no benefit to them? The horror.... 

People like you are the reason why crafters like me do not offer their services to the general public.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #29
Klive
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Mistmoore Eternal Knights

Loremaster

Mastercrafted gear is still better for leveling up, at least through 30s. Was wearing all my quested stuff on my beastlord till I dinged 32. I have a box of rares in my shared bank so I made myself all new t4 gear. BIG difference in character performance. I did not take the time to kit him out in adornments, lazy I guess. But just the gear and spell upgrades make all the mobs just melt in one or 2 shots. Not enough time to get my savagery up, lol.

As far as pricing on crafted gear. Lower tier stuff should be reasonable. But, It takes a good bit of time to do up a whole tier of gear and spells. When folks ask me "how much?" I quote the fuel price and tell them tipping above that is appreciated. I get enough in tips from the richer folks to make up for the poorer people.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
Ciara52

Loremaster

Senvares wrote:

No thank you.  It's bad enough I haven't sold anything crafted in awhile now.   And my sage, except for my alts, isn't a profit maker like she once was.

My tailor says no.

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote