EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Kecelia

Apprentice

So, I've come back to this game time and time again hoping to not run into that wall of feeling alone each time I do. However, it has happened again and this time I am going to try and reach out to specifically find some people to either befriend, or play with. I have tried finding a good, friendly, actively social guild but everyone is either off running DOV level 90 stuff, raiding, or doing their own thing. Sure, people answer questions in guild chat, but it really feels like I am just playing a solo game. No one does anything other than at level 90, and I just feel like unless I rush to 90, I am never going to be included in anything. So I am searching for those players that I love from the game of Everquest who are extremely selfless and helpful and wouldnt mind befriending a new player who desires to be a part of the world of this game very much so. I dont want to play any MMO's other than this one. However the more hopeless it feels that I will never get a character to 90, the more I get pushed back towards my other MMO's where I don't have to work for much, if anything. I just want to be a part of a good guild that is friendly, I want to make friends, and I want to have fun....IN EVERQUEST. I am currently leveling an SK and/or Berserker on AB. I would like to branch out and meet some of the great people that I know are out there. This game has the best community from all the MMO's I have played, and I've played just about all of them. I just gotta find somewhere that I can fit in or even be acknowledged. Thanks.

Kecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

I am sorry that you feel that way. I do not know much about AB to be honest except it is the highest populated server so you might be able to find what you are looking for sooner or later. With that said, I know you are on AB but depending on if you wouldn't mind moving or whatever, I have a guild that may be for you, if you wanted to switch servers that is. I am not saying you have to, by all means, stay on AB if you can find friends and everything. Main thing is to have fun and I wish you the best of luck. Here is all the information on my guild on the Butcherblock server however. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!!!

Hello there!

The name of the guild is Dueling Hearts and we reside on the Butcherblock server. We are a guild that is here to help out as much as possible, talk and make friends, and just play the game as it is, a game. We do not allow drama and don't expect anything out of our players except to be polite. We don't push anyone, you play at your own pace and ask for help when you need it. We are a family style guild and a casual guild. We will never be a hardcore raiding guild since we are casual but we don't mind if you join the guild , then if you decide you want a raiding guild or something different at level 90, then that is fine, we will respect your decision. We have been around since Jan 21st of 2011 and are level 50 at the moment. I will put a list of do's and don'ts.

Do's:

We do train new players and answer any questions you may have. No questions are ever stupid in this guild.

We do group and do quests,dungeons,instances,Heritage quests, writs.

We do tend to be lazy sometimes and just talk to one another, make friends.

We do have a guild hall in North Qeynos. Full crafting area,broker,banker,tradeskill writs/fuel merchant, mender, junker merchant/faction items, globe,druid portals,guild hall call spell, and spires. We do have a unique jungle and cave in the guild hall. We have some neutral and evil guildies with guild doors in their houses for easy access.

We are always willing to help with anything as long as we are currently not busy.

We do put family and real life first. This is just a game, there is no worry on anyone getting upset if you don't log in very often.

We do joke around and have some mature humor in the guild. We will respect anyone if they deem something is offensive however.

We will give advice on anything BUT will not push you or force anything on you. It is just advice.

We do accept any alts you may have. We have no limit and rather like the fact you want to make this place your home. : )

We do have a promotion system for the people that may want to have a higher role in the guild later on. You get upped after the first 7 days of being in the guild, then the first 30 days. After that, it will be up to the current leaders and officers. It will depend on how much you do: status,responding and being polite and trust. Trust is a key thing here, we have been dealt a huge blow once and so far we are going strong after that mistake.

Don'ts:

We are not rude and will not put up with it or any drama. This is a place to relax, make friends, and just have fun.

We will never be a hardcore raiding guild because of the style of the guild.

We do not call people names or make fun of anyone.

We do not force or push anyone to do anything. We only expect people to be polite, that's it. Play at your own pace and play the game/character the way you want to.

We do not charge any guildie for anything. If we win a master that you can use, feel free to speak up, we will gladly give it to you with no charge. That works for anything in the guild bank. Rares,masters,legendary loot,fabled loot. We are a family after all.

We will not get mad if you want to leave the guild later because you want something new or a raiding guild. That is fine. Just please tell one of the recruiters or leaders and leave on a good note.

This is just a little piece of Dueling Hearts. If you would like to know more then please, post something on here and I will get back with you or check us out on the Butcherblock Server. You can also send an ingame mail to any of the people below with your characters name and he/she will be able to contact you that way as well. People you can contact are the following:

Lodoss/Gorst/Dumon

Moonstricke

Quelfish/Jzorpe/Kaled

Tinkerblob

Howa/Onup/Swizzler

Ezekeal

We hope to see a lot newer faces around the guild and welcome anyone and everyone to check us out!

CleeGrahamx2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Ned888

Journeyman

I had the same problem, started on Guk and couldn't find anyone to play with, so I moved to AB.  That server has lots of people on it, but I couldn't get into the RP aspect as much as I felt I should, so I moved to Butcherblock. 

I joined Dueling Hearts and it is a good guild.  People are friendly and helpful.  As a bonus, since I don't know what I'm doing you can group with me, my highest level character is only 16 right now.

Hope I see you out there!

Gi - Rectitude || Yu - Courage

Jin - Benevolence || Rei - Respect

Makoto - Honesty || Meiyo - Honor

Chugi - Loyalty
Ned888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Ned888

Journeyman

I had the same problem, started on Guk and couldn't find anyone to play with, so I moved to AB.  That server has lots of people on it, but I couldn't get into the RP aspect as much as I felt I should, so I moved to Butcherblock. 

I joined Dueling Hearts and it is a good guild.  People are friendly and helpful.  As a bonus, since I don't know what I'm doing you can group with me, my highest level character is only 16 right now.

Hope I see you out there!

Chugi - Loyalty
Old 07-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

Thank you for your kind words Ned. I am thinking you might be Knedd in the guild? I am just guessing because of the Ned part lol. As of last night, Kecelia did join the guild so hopefully you two can get together sometime. Alright, I have been working a lot lately so, hope to see you and Kecelia on again sometime in the near future. Take care!

CleeGrahamx2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
Ned888

Journeyman

I am Ned, Kned, Knedd, and a bunch of others! SMILEY  I was playing my Dirge last night (Joxar the Mighty)!  I'll see you on tonight!

Chugi - Loyalty
Old 07-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
stargazer5678

Loremaster

It costs money to change server unless you want to roll a new character. I've seen CleeGraham advertise his/her guild on more than one occasion but this is not the forum for it..

In terms of population AB is the way to go. You won't find a more populated server.

stargazer5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
darwich

Loremaster

AB is the most populated.. and really there are TONS of people that dont do the RP just because its there... some do some dont.. i find it quite a nice mix.
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote