EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Alazarz
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Are there any Thurgadin faction repeatables? Ive done all of the standard thurgadin faction quests (that i know of). My faction is at +10k. I need 40k, any ideas?

Alazarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Julyen

Master

Kill in KD

Julyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

Missions for Rime's instance zones give +350 Coldain faction, killing giants in KD give +faction (only 5 per kill atm tho), once a day each PQ give a "Cloudy Velium Jewel" that you can trade for +500 faction at Thurgadin's harbor.

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
RedIris

Loremaster

Ragnaphore wrote:

Missions for Rime's instance zones give +350 Coldain faction, killing giants in KD give +faction (only 5 per kill atm tho), once a day each PQ give a "Cloudy Velium Jewel" that you can trade for +500 faction at Thurgadin's harbor.

You get 2 cloudly velium jewels per PQ if you do it in a raid.

90 Templar
RedIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

Julyen wrote:

Kill in KD

KD? enlighten me please

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Lathain_Sarathai

Loremaster

Kael D, give 5 faction per giant kill... cant be solo SMILEY
Lathain_Sarathai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Maroger

Loremaster

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:

Kael D, give 5 faction per giant kill... cant be solo

Why does this expansion seem to have a problem with soloers and rewards for soloers - this is coming to be a horrible expansion.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Hisvet

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:

Why does this expansion seem to have a problem with soloers and rewards for soloers - this is coming to be a horrible expansion.

Really?  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  SF was absolutely a soloer's dream and I found it not only boring but detrimental to my grouping skills and learning my class.  I never needed a group unless I wanted a heroic instance and I could even do several of the HQs solo.  Something I could never have done when they first introduced the game.

I'm extremely happy to have an expansion that encourages a lot more group play for survivability.  And considering that we already have people with several of the factions maxed and Thurgadin faction well on its way to being maxed who are also soloers and I've soloed just about everything but again the instances I'm not sure what the complaint is.  Its tough, heck I was dying to blues left and right when Velious first launched, but you learn "oh I actually have to play smart again not like in SF" and you step up.

Grouping seems easier to do right now and I love that.  Makes the community better.  (Note I DO play on an rp server and that's important for us.)

More difficult CAN be more fun again.  Non instant gratification in a game that offers so many avenues for enjoyment makes for a platform I want to keep returning to.  I've been a rp'er, solo'er, crafter, raider, grouper and I've done each of those to the exclusion of others and one gets burned out fast, less fun and stressful.  Mixing them up which is helped along by a zone like Velious keeps things fresh for me at least.

Hisvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Cusashorn

Loremaster

^ Yeah but how is expansion any better for you? Some of us want to group up but can't because nobody wants to group up for anything other than PQs and the instances themselves are way too hard. There's nothing left for us soloers to do after we've completed the... 160 quests found between Great Divide and Eastern Wastes. You might think that's a lot, but it's actually a very pitiful number that doesn't get us very far in terms of gear or XP. Being able to faction up by killing solo mobs is the least they could do for everyone in general. What sucks is that not even the Kromzek in Eastern Wastes give any faction.

I've literally got nothing to do right now. I've completed the solo quests. I try to find groups to complete group quests but so far the best I've been able to gather is a group for Shadowed Corridors. I don't want to do daily missions (which itself is stopping me from doing the tradeskill shawl quest) or public quests because they force AAXP on me (and I want to choose whether I want to accept it or not).... so...  yeah there's nothing else to do. At least killing solo mobs for faction would be SOMETHING I could do.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Kizee

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:

Because $oE has chased off most of the raiders by making everything easymode and solo up to this expansion....now they need to chase off soloers/casuals with DoV. 

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
Bloodcellz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Maroger wrote:

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:

Because $oE has chased off most of the raiders by making everything easymode and solo up to this expansion....now they need to chase off soloers/casuals with DoV. 

I think he was refering to why isn't there both ....and well there sort of is, I think its more designed to pull people into grouping/raiding and while you wait hey there is some solo quests out there to do..I love the fact that they are pushing twards grouping and raiding thats what this game is "MMO" if you want to solo, go play a NON MMO game like forgotten realms or something. People always want to change something from what it really is then in turn destroy what makes it great. Yes there is a problem with getting groups for dungeons but when the factions are maxed and everyone has top end gear from the PQ's , it will shift and in mass pretty soon you will see nothing but groups and pugs everywhere and very few PQ's and most will be alts. So try to enjoy the game play an alt till the focus of the mass shifts, when they all get everything maxed out.....patience is a virtue..............(general statment not directed at anyone specifically) ---->if you have A.D.D. and no patience then i think you should go play WoW with the rest of the 12yr Brats/ 

Bloodcellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #12
Tommara

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think he was refering to why isn't there both ....and well there sort of is, I think its more designed to pull people into grouping/raiding and while you wait hey there is some solo quests out there to do..I love the fact that they are pushing twards grouping and raiding thats what this game is "MMO" if you want to solo, go play a NON MMO game like forgotten realms or something. People always want to change something from what it really is then in turn destroy what makes it great. Yes there is a problem with getting groups for dungeons but when the factions are maxed and everyone has top end gear from the PQ's , it will shift and in mass pretty soon you will see nothing but groups and pugs everywhere and very few PQ's and most will be alts. So try to enjoy the game play an alt till the focus of the mass shifts, when they all get everything maxed out.....patience is a virtue..............(general statment not directed at anyone specifically) ---->if you have A.D.D. and no patience then i think you should go play WoW with the rest of the 12yr Brats/ 

LOL, I just started playing EQ2 again last night and after complaining about the faction grind to my husband, he said "yeah, that was the same thing that made me quit me quit WoW."

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
Jrral

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

Progression. Thurgardin faction's needed only for things you'll only need for running group instances and that you can only get if you're grouping. I've found the stuff you can get solo (or by dropping in solo on well-attended PQs) is more than adequate for the solo content. It's not on a par with what you can get from heroic content, but then the solo content doesn't require near as much as heroic content does either.

I think the problem isn't that the rewards are inadequate, it's that they're only adequate and players have inflated expectations of what they ought to be getting. Much like the inflated expectations of eg. groups who won't take someone for a Tower instance run because they aren't in full Ry'gorr gear yet, or demanding 180+ crit mit for Kraytoc's x4.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #14
apwyork

Loremaster

I think the problem with this expansion is that is aims to raiders/groupers much more than solo players.  The solo missions that throw you into an instance with level 95 mobs or the quests to earn faction that are group only missions indicates that this expansion was never meant to be targetted to solo players. Certainly, some players can solo those missions, but those players also happen to be the ones who do group/raid much more and have significantly better gear from said raids/group missions to enable them do survive what casual solo players can not.

I'm not saying there is a complete lack of content for solo players, by any means, but in what I've seen so far, there does appear to be much more group/raid content than solo.  A well thought through expansion would provide a fairly even mix of solo/group/raid content to please all players.  Any expansion that excludes any player base just hurts the game in the long run.

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote