EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 AM   #91
Pijotre
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Ubi Bene

Loremaster

Well according to Smokejumper on the webcast it was advertised as having guide events in there as one of its features so that rules out the can and it should merely be a matter of willingness...

Pijotre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #92
Jerath
Server: Crushbone
Guild: No Ma am

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Well according to Smokejumper on the webcast it was advertised as having guide events in there as one of its features so that rules out the can and it should merely be a matter of willingness...

Nifty! Thanks for that tidbit, as I didn't have the time to catch the webcasts... Now I just need to figure out if the calendar has a hotkey combo (instead of clicking through the eq2 button, lol).

Jerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #93
keninem2k4

Loremaster

Are you guys going to run the Kael quest again anytime soon? Would be awesome, as I missed it a few days ago.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #94
Pijotre

Loremaster

It doesn't have one but you can assign one to it in the options->controls->windows keys .... I presonally used alt + c which was used for the clock window which imho is no longer needed since its integrated into the minimap.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #95
Jerath

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Are you guys going to run the Kael quest again anytime soon? Would be awesome, as I missed it a few days ago.

^^^^^ This.... Cuz I, myself, haven't even had the time to set foot in Velious yet (yay work, /sarcasm).

Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #96
Elyshkax

Guide

With regards to the Stormshields, you just can't get those guys to stop bragging!  I heard a rumor that you'll be able to find some of that ragtag clan there in two days time, halfway between the midday meal and the evening first meal.  Keep your ears open, but they shouldn't be hard to find.

Now!  Speaking of weird things (my apologies to the Stormshields...), you will NEVER guess who I just met.  A Gnomish pirate!  He seemed in a bit of a rush and mentioned something about not being able to stop and chat.  He also muttered something about not believing he had to go some place so very very hot, but that it was (and I quote), "vital to the Pirates of Ak'anon" and dashed off.  I suspect it should only take him a quarter of an hour from now to reach his destination, as fast as he was moving.

See if you can find the nutty fellow if you can!

Elyshkax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #97
Sevarious
Guild: The Halas Hunters

Loremaster

will that gnome pirate be visiting again before the races are over ? I heard about his interest after he had allready ran off to take care os some other "piraty" business ((and would like to see the event  before all the races are over, being this is a once in a lifetime event as far as i know, it would be nice to see the pirate a bit more active))

Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #98
Kamimura

Loremaster

(Editing this post out, since it was in reply to a bunch of posts that got moved, and doesn't really make sense anymore... )

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #99
Wurm

Loremaster

Is it just me or did a bunch of posts in this thread just disappear? 

Old 03-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #100
Naylie-DelANews

Community Relations

This thread is for guides to place announcements about their travels. Please stay on topic in this thread.

Ig you would like to become a Guide please feel free to apply. If you have other concerns about your servers Guide Team please feel free to email [email protected].

Community Relations Manager

Guide Liaison - Station Pass Games
Naylie-DelANews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #101
Sr_Guide_Kellin

Senior Guide

If one searches Hallas tomorrow about 1:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM CST one might find a baby dragon who is seeking to grow bigger.

Please note subject due to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night.

Sr_Guide_Kellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #102
Senya

Loremaster

*watching for some dwarves around Kael*    I missed it earlier.  I couldn't make it there fast enough when someone mentioned it in one of the channels.  A post with a hint for what time would be so awesome! SMILEY

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #103
Nindaene

Loremaster

Could you guys please post when you are giving out the quest for inside Kael?  I've kept my eyes peeled but haven't seen anything since right back when DoV released - but then tonight someone told us in the crafting channel that you were there.  Unfortunately, but the time I flew from Thurgadin thru Great Divide and into Eastern Wastes to where you were - you were gone.

The first time I missed out because I couldn't FIND Kael.  Now I know where it is, and I couldn't make it in time. 

Its quite the trek to get to Eastern Wastes if you aren't there already.  SMILEY

Nindaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #104
GuideLaknot

Guide

A mysterious green robed figure steps in and tacks a note on the board. As quick as she appeared, she is gone once again. All that is left is a note that reads:

"Greetings all,

In my travels, I have spoken with several people whom have given me key bits of information. I am passing these on to you so that you may investigate. These happenings will be on 3-23.

I have heard that there is a gnome scientist that has been working on some fascinating creatures that may require assistance in Eastern Wastes around 4:30 PM PDT.

When I spoke to this sir dwarf, he was quite drunk. He did not seem to know the difference between the Commonlands and Antonica at the time. Quite typical for a dwarf I must say. He was slurring something about a race that would be happening around 7:00 PM PDT. I would keep my ears peeled in both places if possible.

I also met a fortune teller that will be wandering the icy wastes of Frostfang Sea around 8:00 PM PDT. Her accuracy is bone chilling as much as the landscape she has chosen.

Last but not least, I have heard that on 3-24 at 7PM PDT the clan of Stormshield will be outside of the massive gates of the Giant City, Kael Drakkel. They were murmuring amongst themselves, but I was able to pick up on the time and that there is some great challenge to be had.

Regards,

Laknot D'Boriath"

OOC Note: All times are approximate and may be subject to change. We make our best effort to keep you updated on quests that may be happening and if they may get cancelled - however emergencies do happen, and sometimes those quests don't get run. We are a fun loving group of volunteers who enjoy what we do, and we hope you enjoy it as well.

GuideLaknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #105
Jerath

Loremaster

It was so fun to make Jaharea's acquaintance this evening in the Harbor!

Although, she does tell the most... perplexing riddle of a fortune.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #106
Einadon

Guide

*Crosses off Einadon and replaces it with Chianix*

Hello all!

My dear friend Menyanthese is out harvesting Fayberries for her wonderful Fayberry juice! Menyanthese is a sweet halfing but she's easily distracted and I worry about her!

If you could keep your eyes peeled incase she needs help, she'll be out harvesting today, Wednesday the 23 at 8:45 pm Pacific and again on Saturday, April 2 at 11 am Pacific.

Thanks again and everyone enjory the celebration of Bristlebane!

Joyfully,

Chianix Parma, story collector and trinket-fobber

Collector of tales; long, short, and or true!

Please remember that all quests are run in Pacific time and all times are a bit -ish allowing for travel to locations. Sometimes real life (thunderstorms!) can interfere with our plans and can cause them to need to be changed or canceled with little or no notice. Please remember that we are just as unhappy as you when it happens. Thank you for your patience and participation!
Einadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #107
Einadon

Guide

*crosses out Einadon and replaces it with Chianix*

Hello!

On my recent adventures with Menyanthese we delivered some freshly brewed Fayberry juice to several young Fae planning picnics with their fair lady loves! They're so smitten, it's quite cute! I'm told the first picnic will happen Wednesday, April 6 at 7:30 pm Pacific in Kelethin and the second one on Saturday, April 9 at 10:30 am also in Kelethin.

The boyo(s) may need some assistance getting everything set all proper like so if you're interested keep your eyes open near dear Innkeeper Twiggy.

I did enjoy visiting with all of you at the Aether Races! Pleae enjoy both the Qeynos city festival and the Bristlebane Day festivals as they continue through the next week!

Joyfully,

Chianix Parma, grounded for joyfully buzzing Windstalker village at midnight

Please remember that all quests are run in Pacific time and all times are a bit -ish allowing for travel to locations. Sometimes real life (thunderstorms!) can interfere with our plans and can cause them to need to be changed or canceled with little or no notice. Please remember that we are just as unhappy as you when it happens. Thank you for your patience and participation!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #108
Einadon

Guide

*cross out Einadon and replaces it with Chianix*

*Chianix dashes into her Mum's teashop*

"Mum! MUM!" she shouted swinging through the door, causing an older halfing to stumble with her tea and an gnome to toss his paper in the air.

With a hurried apology to them both she rushed into the stock room, "Mum! The Far Seas festival organzier found the Gnomish pirates responsible for the Aether C.R.A.S.H. system and they're coming to Antonica to collect more stories about the races and the C.R.A.S.H. pads! I heard the first one will be talking with folks at 8 am Pacific near the lighthouse and there will be at least one other at 7 pm Pacific at the lighthouse in Antonica!

Interested eavesdroppers hear the conversation continue about the importance of dignity and calm when entering a teashop in the wee hours of the morning....

Old 05-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #109
Einadon

Guide

Edit: I'm so sorry guys! Somethings came up.  I'll reschedule as soon as possible and let you know the change. Sorry!

*crosses out Einadon, puts Chianix (yes this will be fixed sooner or later!)*

Hello everyone, I've missed you all!

Rumor has it that a researcher bent on reigniting the fungoid research, popular just after the discovery of Frostfang/New Halas, will be looking for assistants on Wednesday the 18th (this evening) around 7:30 pm Pacific time.

Hope you're all having fun and enjoying the server bonuses, festivals, and the RACES!

Chianix Parma, Guide

Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #110
Einadon

Guide

*Chianix waves*

Lets try this again shall we!

Rumor has it that a researcher bent on reigniting the fungoid research, popular just after the discovery of Frostfang/New Halas, will be looking for assistants on Thursday the 19th around 7:30 pm Pacific time.

Chianix Parma, Guide

Old 05-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #111
Einadon

Guide

I'm very very sorry everyone! There was a reoccurence of the same issue that caused the quest on Wednesday to be canceled.  SMILEY

I'll post again, hopefully soon with yet another reschedule as it looks like the problem has at least been temporarily patched.

Sorry! Chianix

Old 05-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #112
Einadon

Guide

Be on the look out for goings on Saturday (the 28th) around 1 pm Pacific in Darklight Woods and 3 pm Pacific in the Commonlands!

*clears throat* Notice the time correction!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #113
Einadon

Guide

*excited chatter can be heard from the tiny tea shop*

Mum! Ratonga! Welcome to our city! Don't you think it was long overdue? I think it was long overdue! I've met several on my travels and they're all wonderful, wonderful people!

What do you mean, "will they bring cheese?" I would assume so... Several of the ones I met were very enamored of the cheese wheels...

I've heard that one of the first few boats with new immigrants will be docking this afternoon! Passengers offloading around 4 pm Pacific in Qeynos Harbor today (6/1/11) from various ports! I'm going to go down and meet them!

Well sure, I can see if any have cheese... You know I don't think their cheese is going to be any different than what the traders bring... It's not as if they were like the lovely Maran folk....

Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #114
Sevarious

Loremaster

*watches closely so he doesnt miss the next Fungoid quest*

Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #115
Elyshka

Guide

*scratches out Avalonn's name and puts in Elyshka in fancy, curly script*

Oooh hooo!  I just got back from New Halas, and boy is it cold out there!

I had a chat with some lovely Coldains who were planning to seek out some explorers this upcoming Saturday the 25th.  It seems that there may be a fungus amongus.

*cough 1 pm PST cough*  EDIT:  I just spoke to Brughilde and she was throughly engrossed in her studies.  She said she'd be along just as soon as she finished dissecting this last specimen.

Sorry, must have gotten a bit of a cold... 

All times are listed in Pacific time. Unfortunately there may be times when events may change with little to no notice because in Real Life(tm) we are all flagged for PvP. Thanks for understanding! <3

Elyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #116
Sevarious

Loremaster

*Sighs in relief* That is good, I was a bit worried that one of thier experiments had went wrong and one of thier "subjects" had began experimenting on what parts of coldain taste best , Ill wait for a bit longer in the cold then, im allready chilled to the bone .. whats another 45 minutes  *begins making coco over the firepit*

(btw thanks for the update ! least i know i wasnt going senile just yet =)

Old 06-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #117
Pijotre

Loremaster

Indeed, still waiting, would be nice to get a rough time estimate though to see if its worth it sitting around here. I'm getting bored and tired its already 10:28pm here.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #118
Sevarious

Loremaster

Thanks again for the heads up .. the Coldain showed up talking about thier latest experiments and had quite a few helping hands from the looks of it ... (and thank you to those that volunteer thier time to do these things

Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #119
Einadon

Guide

In furtherance of Coldain studies a note is being passed among the villages of New Halas.

"Dear junior-researchers!

For those seeking to increase their good reputation with us researchers, our research will be continuing with an evening session on June 30th at 6 pm Pacific. We look forward to seeing you there!

Krima,

assistant researcher

Due to weather related issues, the research was delayed until 9:15ish pm Pacific. Sorry!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #120
Nindaene

Loremaster

So... today there was a lovely little gnome that asked us to go out and find some glowing material.  While I was willing to help him as much as possible, I feel he might have been in a hurry to get back to his love because I was only able to find the glowing material on one toon before he left.

Next time, might I suggest that you pick a spot that is near the actual nodes that we need.  It took me quite a while to get all the way out to Pilgrim's Landing, then back into town to find the glowing material and then back (the nodes on Pilgrim's Landing are T1 and the quest requires T2).  By the time I logged over to another alt to try to get the quest, he had left.

I appreciate that you came out and offered it, but it would have been better if you were there longer, or had been closer to the nodes that we need.  Especially with so many of us trying to get the quest, some of us went to different zones to get the updates, but couldn't make it back in time.

Just some feedback for next time.  Thanks again for coming out!

Nindaene is offline   Reply With Quote