EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #121
erin

Loremaster

Trellium wrote:

Maybe if the rewards only went toward missed subscription time people wouldn't feel so put out. Someone who never used them, has the option to use the built up time in the future.

I think the system was broken, but still workable. I think it does give a reason to come back, it is a good perk.

Maybe.  The thing is, those of us who have loyally subscribed every day since launch have always felt like second class citizens compared to people who quit and come back. SOE does all it can to entice people back, and to bring in new people, and often "punishes" loyal subscribers in the process (not really, but you know, we do get left out of some cool stuff because we stick around and they don't need to incentivize). It leaves a bad taste sometimes, and I guess the entitlement that came out of this thread kind of pushed that same button.  So I apologize if I came across a little too harsh on some folks, it just gets old sometimes.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #122
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Personally, I am glad to see the glitch fixed. Leaving it broken trivialized the rewards for those that have been ACTIVE, PAYING subscribers the whole time.

To be fair, I think SOE should give those who have been inactive 30 days to reinstate their account by paying the subscription price and taxes for any months missed to current. So for those with 6 year accounts that have been inactive for for say 4 yrs and 10 months, you can simply pay the $15 per month for the 58 months you missed to get current before the change goes in. That way you get a chance to preserve your status by paying your subscription like everyone else did before the bug gets squashed and SOE gets the money they should have to continue development on the game everyone else was supporting in your absence.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 AM   #123
Valonia

Loremaster

They should just remove those jokes of veteran rewards and be done with it. None of these rewards should give you a benefit in game! It's really not fun having to compete with people getting a 10% broker fee discount. Nor is it really fun to see people wearing an EQ1 server tags, even though they never played that game. While people like me who played EQ1 for quite some time are left out, just because SOE decided to make the original server title a 'once per account' type of deal.

Valonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #124
Pervis

Loremaster

DarkLazarus wrote:

They should just remove those jokes of veteran rewards and be done with it. None of these rewards should give you a benefit in game!

Nor is it really fun to see people wearing an EQ1 server tags, even though they never played that game.

Yeah, cause server tag titles are such a HUGE benefit!

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #125
Pervis

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

mostly billing reasons

So, reguardless of anything else, you are saying that you were not subscribed to the game evvery day for the last 5 years.

You are saying that there were months where you may not have been subscribed at all, but never more than 6 months.

You are saying that you are upset because you do not *yet* have access to something that is only given to people when they have 6 years total accumulated subscribed time to this game, even though you have not had 6 years total subscribed time?

Essentially, that reads to me as if you are complaining about not being given something you have not yet earnt. You may not have been aware of the change to the rules, but thats only your own fault, as it was noted by Rothgar earlier this year.

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #126
Sphiriah

Loremaster

Pervis wrote:

ajadams wrote:

mostly billing reasons

So, reguardless of anything else, you are saying that you were not subscribed to the game evvery day for the last 5 years.

You are saying that there were months where you may not have been subscribed at all, but never more than 6 months.

You are saying that you are upset because you do not *yet* have access to something that is only given to people when they have 6 years total accumulated subscribed time to this game, even though you have not had 6 years total subscribed time?

Essentially, that reads to me as if you are complaining about not being given something you have not yet earnt. You may not have been aware of the change to the rules, but thats only your own fault, as it was noted by Rothgar earlier this year.

The problem here is that SOE never made it clear that Veteran Rewards were supposed to be calculated by total time paid. They let this go on for four years without doing anything about it, most people assumed that this is the way it was supposed to be.

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #127
Wingrider01

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

i payed more in LoN/station market than my 6 month "accumulated" hiatus for 15 bucks combined. do i think i deserve the veteran reward right now? hell yeah i do!

i was there when everyone else was at the beginning. i shouldnt have to wait. i spent so much on LoN/collectors editions/station market place that it covers all 6 months of where i stopped paying and then some, wheres my veteran reward for that? oh... it's 6 months counting.

why did i leave the game? personal real life drama, job issues, personal real life drama.. it never had anything to do with the game. people leave the game for different reasons.. it doesn't mean that i am any less deserving of the rewards than you are.

i have been just as loyal regardless of my subscription status. i shelled out for collectors editions, payed so much money in lon to get the unicorn, flying carpet, warg mount, so many lon house items and titles i cant even list them, i attended fan faire, i bought so much stuff off of the station market place when it launched and you want to tell me that because my subscription has been shakey on and off that i am not deserving of the veteran reward when i was there at the beginning? you are wrong.

it needs to be reverted back to how it was  before and people need their times recaculated accordingly. had i known that the time was counting against me i might of kept my subscription running all of those times i quit. now i dont even know if i want to i'm so frustrated by the whole situation it's like a huge slap in the face. everytime a veteran reward comes out now i'll be 6 months behind because of this.

No LON is not a eq2 subscription, so it does not count toward paid subscription account time. Veteran rewards are for paid subscription time in everquest 2. No it does not need to be reverted

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #128
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pervis wrote:

ajadams wrote:

mostly billing reasons

The problem here is that SOE never made it clear that Veteran Rewards were supposed to be calculated by total time paid. They let this go on for four years without doing anything about it, most people assumed that this is the way it was supposed to be.

been like this since they introduced the rewards in eq1.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #129
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

DarkLazarus wrote:

They should just remove those jokes of veteran rewards and be done with it. None of these rewards should give you a benefit in game! It's really not fun having to compete with people getting a 10% broker fee discount. Nor is it really fun to see people wearing an EQ1 server tags, even though they never played that game. While people like me who played EQ1 for quite some time are left out, just because SOE decided to make the original server title a 'once per account' type of deal.

I played EQ1 and all my characters are able to get a server title.  I'm not sure which reward it comes from, but it's definitely not once per account.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #130
AlienShine

Lord

This thing is quite unfair.

I Play EQ2 since Januari with some friends.

One of those friends got EQ2 on launch, played for about a year and then quit, also the subscription stopped.

Please explain why he got all the vet rewards including the 6 year one !?

AlienShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #131
DukeOccam

Loremaster

AlienShine wrote:

This thing is quite unfair.

I Play EQ2 since Januari with some friends.

One of those friends got EQ2 on launch, played for about a year and then quit, also the subscription stopped.

Please explain why he got all the vet rewards including the 6 year one !?

Because for a while they erroneously counted all time since activation toward veteran status, and only recently fixed it. Now here's a tissue, dry your tears.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #132
ajadams

Loremaster

ervis wrote:

ajadams wrote:

mostly billing reasons

I never got an email, I was never told about this "fix". So essentially I was left in the dark about it while I was playing the game. There should of been more than a forum posting. It isn't my own fault. First off, I didn't know it was a bug, it's been that way for years, I thought it was how it was intended to be, as did many other people. So it's SOE's fault for letting it go on so long, then it's SOE's fault as they have the means to let people know about upcoming changes. They could of sent it out in a promotional email for all I care. I'd of still known about it being changed and could of fixed it.don't turn it around on me when they have the ability to let all their subscribers and previous subscribers know and didn't.

Regardless, the whole point is, I'd of saved my "veteran status" if I had proper warning, which I didn't. I shouldn't have to go and look for critical changes like that myself for a game I play. They should be sent to me in some form or another to where I will find them. I think a promotional email would of been great, it could of brought back a lot of people. A lot more people care about this than they realize. It may seem silly but it isn't, it's quite a big deal to people who were here at the beginning.

as for everything else, i already answered it and already said why i was mad, hell i even said i was mad i didn't have my reward yet. tell me, would you want to wait 5 months to "earn" what you rightfully felt was yours that you could of and would of saved while everyone else and their mom got theirs before you, every single year? no, you wouldn't, i know what your answer will be though. enlighten me anyways.

ajadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #133
Trynt

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

ervis wrote:

ajadams wrote:

mostly billing reasons

I never got an email, I was never told about this "fix". So essentially I was left in the dark about it while I was playing the game. There should of been more than a forum posting. It isn't my own fault. First off, I didn't know it was a bug, it's been that way for years, I thought it was how it was intended to be, as did many other people. So it's SOE's fault for letting it go on so long, then it's SOE's fault as they have the means to let people know about upcoming changes. They could of sent it out in a promotional email for all I care. I'd of still known about it being changed and could of fixed it.don't turn it around on me when they have the ability to let all their subscribers and previous subscribers know and didn't.

Regardless, the whole point is, I'd of saved my "veteran status" if I had proper warning, which I didn't. I shouldn't have to go and look for critical changes like that myself for a game I play. They should be sent to me in some form or another to where I will find them. I think a promotional email would of been great, it could of brought back a lot of people. A lot more people care about this than they realize. It may seem silly but it isn't, it's quite a big deal to people who were here at the beginning.

as for everything else, i already answered it and already said why i was mad, hell i even said i was mad i didn't have my reward yet. tell me, would you want to wait 5 months to "earn" what you rightfully felt was yours that you could of and would of saved while everyone else and their mom got theirs before you, every single year? no, you wouldn't, i know what your answer will be though. enlighten me anyways.

What you would have done, doesn't matter.  What you did do, does.  What other people have, doesn't matter either.  No matter how you slice it, you did not yet earn the Veteran reward.  Period.  Game.  Set.  Match.

Trynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #134
d1anaw

Loremaster

No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody.

Any idea what a reward is ? Here's some help : "an act performed to strengthen approved behavior"

Should SoE approve your departure from EQ2 to go playing something else ?

I'm glad they show more common sense than you do, even if it hurts. Get patient and you will get your reward as well in a few months. At this point, you will deserve it.

I agree with you. In almost every one of these, they admit to leaving the game and then whining that they didn't get to be among the first to get the new rewards. Hubs and I joined on the same day, the first day of release.  But for some reason, our days are different. It's always been that way and I do not know why. But he always gets his several weeks before I do. It's annoying as hell, but it sure isn't worth al the drama. And we didn't have a break in playtime. So I have to wait a couple more weeks, so what? I'd like to know why it worked out that way, but after all this time, what difference does it make? The only time I even notice or question it is when the new rewards come out and I have to pout and wait a few weeks longer than he does.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #135
d1anaw

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

NamaeZero wrote:

erin wrote:

And will get nerfed no doubt in a very short period of time   Its too powerful.  "Raid looking for 6 year vets".

I don't know how they would nerf it. I suppose they could arbitarily say you can't use it in certain zones?

First of all, let me say I do have the 6 year vet reward before anyone accuses me of jealousy regarding my stance on the subject.

I have allways disliked providing key abilities inherent to certain classes as a reward to the playerbase as a whole. Such moves are always popular because everyone wants to do everything but it does detract from those classes that actually have those abilities.

This move does substantially detract from the Conjuror's inherent Call of the Hero ability. This move does detract from a tinkerer's Call of the Tinkerer ability. If you happen to be a Conjuror/Tinkerer, the 6 year vet reward actually gives you nothing at all. Somehow that just does not seem very equitable. Yes, it is popular since most players are not Conjurors and most players are not tinkerers.

In my opinion, and feel free to throw tomatoes right now, the Call of the Veteran reward would have made far more sense if it only allowed you to summon someone or call yourself to the zone that group member was in (zone in) but not to the group member himself. That still would have left some value to the Call of the Tinkerer and Call of the Hero abilities while still providing a decent perk to 6 year vets. So that is how it could be "nerfed".  I am sure I will be reviled for even suggesting such.

How is that different than anyone can buy a totem or a mount and therefore doesn't need a priest's SOW anymore, or now anyone can buy a druid portal for their guild hall so they don't need druids to port anymore or that the spires have all be activated so you don't need a wizzie to teleport anymore?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #136
Obadiah

Loremaster

I think they missed out on an opportunity here. They should have done a better job capturing when people were actually dormant so that you wouldn't have so many people that didn't earn the 6-year rewards actually receiving them.

They THEN should have given a one-time opportunity to buy time toward your account status to fill in the gaps at the rate of the normal subscription cost.

Sounds like there would be a lot of takers on that.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #137
d1anaw

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

All of the smug posters in this thread are not helping. Yes, you're a loyal customer that has had an active account for at least the last year. Congrats. I'm sure there are many people that have been subscribed much longer than some of you and still don't have their 6 year rewards.

Yeah there are some of us who've been around the ENTIRE time and still don't have the rewards. And we aren't he ones whining, [Removed for Content] and moaning and saying "it's not fair", so I left and came back but I want to be first. It's not fair. whiiiiiiiine. Do you stomp your feet when you post this too?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #138
d1anaw

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Curious about this myself, if this is is true then the account needs to be reviewed, the correct days put in and any rewards reviewed due to the error removed.As far as paid days, have known ths was the case back to eq1, it is the same there. Looked in the knowledge base and this what is stated there

"Veteran Rewards are items you can claim to your character based on Account Age.  You can see your account age on the Persona (P) Details tab.  Each Veteran Reward can be claimed once per character. Account age is based on paid time on EverQuest II, with bonus time given for each expansion purchased.*

*Excluding The Shadow Odyssey"

Perhaps what they should really do is run a program to check the correct aging of all the accounts and adjust the rewards appropriately. Can you imagine the howling that would take place then? They could "warn" everyone it is going to happen, then they would find another reason to complain about it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #139
ajadams

Loremaster

d1anaw wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

All of the smug posters in this thread are not helping. Yes, you're a loyal customer that has had an active account for at least the last year. Congrats. I'm sure there are many people that have been subscribed much longer than some of you and still don't have their 6 year rewards.

Yeah there are some of us who've been around the ENTIRE time and still don't have the rewards. And we aren't he ones whining, [Removed for Content] and moaning and saying "it's not fair", so I left and came back but I want to be first. It's not fair. whiiiiiiiine. Do you stomp your feet when you post this too?

First off, the real problem is that it went on for so long that people didn't know it was a bug, I think if they knew it was going to be fixed, people might of thought before cancelling their accounts, I would of.. Get over yourself, seriously.

It's a big deal to a lot of people. Secondly, of course you're not whining, you didn't come to the game until 2005 so no matter what, you wouldn't be eligible for the reward yet anyways.You're not in the least bit affected by it and wont ever be because you're a late comer.

There was no announcement to let people save their accounts. I think a lot of people would of done it. I know I would of. I was playing at the time this apparently was "fixed". So tell me what more I could of done ?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #140
d1anaw

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

why should someone who payed tons of money on their services, attended their fan faires be any less eligible for the veteran reward than someone who payed every single month? i only missed 6 months. 180 bucks is little compared to the money i spent in lon, station market place and fan faire. give me a break. i'm just as loyal. i was here at the beginning, i'm here now. i've never quit because i thought the game sucked.

and if it was that big of a bug, they should of fixed it a long time ago. YEARS ago. not ninja nerfed it without telling anyone so they wouldn't of know until the next time they unsubscribed then reactivated 3 months later and logged in and tried to claim something. a warning would of been nice. maybe some people would of thought twice about cancelling their subscriptions had they known. i know i would of.

So a veteran's reward that is clearly based on the number of active paid days should make exceptions for you because life threw you a curve ball and you had to leave and you've come back and spent lots of money on things and that means you are the same as someone whose continuously played and paid the entire time? So are they supposed to do a survey to find out why you quit so they can decide if it is because you were angry at the game or not? If things get tough at work are you entitled to take off for 6 months and expect to be paid because it wasn't their fault life got too tough for you to show up? I mean seriously. This is a reward for PAID accounts. It doesn't matter why you left or how much you bought since you came back. You took a break. Deal with it. You'll get your rewards when your account ages like everybody else. You just won't be the first one to get it, get over it. As far as I can recall, I've never skipped a month but I won't get mine for another couple of weeks. But you think you should get yours first.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #141
ajadams

Loremaster

at this point i am even willing to pay for my missed time to get my status back. if they offered some sort of a promotional deal to do that i think it'd be great.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #142
AlienShine

Lord

I really dont care about those vet rewards.

Im just saying in my opinion its not fair to the people that payd 6 years for EQ2 get it and some people that had there accound created when released and did NOT pay for those whole 6 years get it too.

Also, a new player looking at this crap wil only be discouraged with the advantage those players have with that reward.

And why am I whining, I am only giving my opinion...

PS: Put this travel item on Station Cash or someting, just a matter of time for guilds to ask for it as a requirement.

AlienShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #143
ajadams

Loremaster

d1anaw wrote:

ajadams wrote:

why should someone who payed tons of money on their services, attended their fan faires be any less eligible for the veteran reward than someone who payed every single month? i only missed 6 months. 180 bucks is little compared to the money i spent in lon, station market place and fan faire. give me a break. i'm just as loyal. i was here at the beginning, i'm here now. i've never quit because i thought the game sucked.

and if it was that big of a bug, they should of fixed it a long time ago. YEARS ago. not ninja nerfed it without telling anyone so they wouldn't of know until the next time they unsubscribed then reactivated 3 months later and logged in and tried to claim something. a warning would of been nice. maybe some people would of thought twice about cancelling their subscriptions had they known. i know i would of.

So a veteran's reward that is clearly based on the number of active paid days should make exceptions for you because life threw you a curve ball and you had to leave and you've come back and spent lots of money on things and that means you are the same as someone whose continuously played and paid the entire time? So are they supposed to do a survey to find out why you quit so they can decide if it is because you were angry at the game or not? If things get tough at work are you entitled to take off for 6 months and expect to be paid because it wasn't their fault life got too tough for you to show up? I mean seriously. This is a reward for PAID accounts. It doesn't matter why you left or how much you bought since you came back. You took a break. Deal with it. You'll get your rewards when your account ages like everybody else. You just won't be the first one to get it, get over it. As far as I can recall, I've never skipped a month but I won't get mine for another couple of weeks. But you think you should get yours first.

yah dude totally. i think everything should be totally and completely handed to be on a platter. included my veteran reward.

NO WAY?~! this is a reward for payed accounts? I didnt know that?! That's like why they fixed the bug right?? wow! thanks for pointing that out and stuff.

so not even worth it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #144
ajadams

Loremaster

AlienShine wrote:

Im just saying in my opinion its not fair to the people that payd 6 years for EQ2 get it and some people that had there accound created when released and did NOT pay for those whole 6 years get it too.

Also, a new player looking at this crap wil only be discouraged with the advantage those players have with that reward.

PS: Put this travel item on Station Cash or someting, just a matter of time for guilds to ask for it as a requirement.

they fixed the bug. it is frustrating, but it wont be a requirement for guilds, there are so many ways of travel in this game. i really wouldnt sweat it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #145
Obadiah

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

AlienShine wrote:

they fixed the bug. it is frustrating, but it wont be a requirement for guilds, there are so many ways of travel in this game. i really wouldnt sweat it.

Aye, that would be a truly ridiculous requirement for guilds. #1 they have flags. #2 if half the members have the 6-year call items they can summon everyone else anyway. They're really not that big a deal, although they're kinda cool.

I still think they should let people "buy back" their inactive time if they're that upset about it. Win-win.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #146
d1anaw

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

First off, the real problem is that it went on for so long that people didn't know it was a bug, I think if they knew it was going to be fixed, people might of thought before cancelling their accounts, I would of.. Get over yourself, seriously.

It's a big deal to a lot of people. Secondly, of course you're not whining, you didn't come to the game until 2005 so no matter what, you wouldn't be eligible for the reward yet anyways.You're not in the least bit affected by it and wont ever be because you're a late comer.

There was no announcement to let people save their accounts. I think a lot of people would of done it. I know I would of. I was playing at the time this apparently was "fixed". So tell me what more I could of done ?

Actually, I came to the game from EQ1 when EQ2 first launched. If you had even bothered to notice, I was active on the board since 2004. You should really pay more attention.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #147
ajadams

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

ajadams wrote:

AlienShine wrote:

Aye, that would be a truly ridiculous requirement for guilds. #1 they have flags. #2 if half the members have the 6-year call items they can summon everyone else anyway. They're really not that big a deal, although they're kinda cool.

I still think they should let people "buy back" their inactive time if they're that upset about it. Win-win.

I have no qualms with doing that. I actually want to. All I need to do is buy up like 6 months. I'd even buy a year if it would make them happy. I sent a petition about it because I'm willing to do it. =D We'll see what they say

Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #148
d1anaw

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

BTW, my original activation date was Dec of 2004 and I did come from EQ1.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #149
ajadams

Loremaster

d1anaw wrote:

Actually, I came to the game from EQ1 when EQ2 first launched. If you had even bothered to notice, I was active on the board since 2004. You should really pay more attention.

Loremaster Joined: Oct 6, 2005 Messages: 120 Online

That's all I was referring to. I don't stalk down people I talk to on the message boards. You should be... thankful for that I guess? I really don't care other than that. My join date is spot on to when I got the game minus 4 days. You mentioned that you were behind on your veteran reward from your husband. I put two and two together.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #150
Ahlana

Loremaster

ajadams wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

Loremaster Joined: Oct 6, 2005Messages: 120Online

That's all I was referring to. I don't stalk down people I talk to on the message boards. You should be... thankful for that I guess? I really don't care other than that. My join date is spot on to when I got the game minus 4 days. You mentioned that you were behind on your veteran reward from your husband. I put two and two together.

There are people that have played the game since launch and don't have a forum join date.