EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Defiler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Maelakai

Loremaster

We got this in Freethinkers tonight, it's hawt SMILEYDraydinDefiler - Chaotic Legion - Kithicor
Maelakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
Rebamar

/drool ;p congrats!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
daeneriez

Loremaster

Very nice, indeed.  Congratulations!

Elysium Guild Hall (T2, Qeynos - Lucan D'Lere Server)

Vyne's Place (One Room in the Willow Wood)

Darkmere Manor (5 room manor in South Qeynos)
daeneriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #4
arieste

Loremaster

ok, sorry to be the naysayer here, but am I the  only one underwhelmed by our set?clerics get a set that improves casting speed by 33% ...but forget clerics... our own counterpart - mystics get Symmetry X, while we get Healing Pulse... which means they get +50 to healing and damage, whiel we get only healing.  The mystic set also has +150 power.   Also, ministration?   Our AAs and such are all geared towards us being a dps/debuff healer class... this should have ordination, not ministration..this should have +dmg, this should have a casting speed increase, i mean our heals are just as slow as clerics, if not slower... c'mon... who designed and balanced this ****?grrrr...and by *should* i dont mean some high and mighty *i know better than all*, i mean *should* be better in order to be worth upgrading to from existing KoS gear.I seriously hope this is the *Relic* of EoF and the *End-game* set is something we havent seen yet.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
dacat

Loremaster

Congrats on the loot
Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
Sokolov

Loremaster

Nice suff =D

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #7
Judist

Loremaster

Anyone notice the EoF sets are geared towards getting 1 stat really high with only a modest amount to "one" other stat per piece? I'm finding my Doomseer set still very worthwhile to be raiding in. It's only downside is nerfed mit so far.

Sure I may never have 650+ wiz solo buffed with Doomseer, but honestly the diminishing rewards offer little "reward" afer 510 anyhow.

Personally I'd rather have pieces with +25 to alot of stats than pieces with only 2 really high stats. Right now in Doomseer(adorned) and legendary/claymore jewelry I'm sitting at...

500+ wiz
400+ sta
400+ str
350+ int
150+ agi (shamefully low)

With these EoF sets I'd have a TON more wiz but the rest would suffer. If that bracer is EoF relic than ok, I can breath a little easier knowing there is a better shaman set out there.

Whats yer thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Message Edited by BeatinGuts on 11-26-2006 01:21 PM

Judist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
Supa Mint Flava

Loremaster

Grats Dray...../drool.

Given the introduction of armor sets, I would expect this will provide motivation to farm the crap out of instances, and extend the useful life of EoF.

Discoe

Old 11-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #9
samejima

Loremaster

BeatinGuts wrote:

Anyone notice the EoF sets are geared towards getting 1 stat really high with only a modest amount to "one" other stat per piece? I'm finding my Doomseer set still very worthwhile to be raiding in. It's only downside is nerfed mit so far.

Sure I may never have 650+ wiz solo buffed with Doomseer, but honestly the diminishing rewards offer little "reward" afer 510 anyhow.

Personally I'd rather have pieces with +25 to alot of stats than pieces with only 2 really high stats. Right now in Doomseer(adorned) and legendary/claymore jewelry I'm sitting at...

500+ wiz400+ sta400+ str350+ int150+ agi (shamefully low)

With these EoF sets I'd have a TON more wiz but the rest would suffer. If that bracer is EoF relic than ok, I can breath a little easier knowing there is a better shaman set out there.

Whats yer thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Message Edited by BeatinGuts on 11-26-2006 01:21 PM

acctully the new drop off point is 575 thats where diminishing returns start to happen i only plan on whereing 5 peices if i get them chest legs ( for 2 focus effects ) and other peices dependant on stats ect the 7 set bonus is not great other than that portent and others are a must have

Message Edited by samejima on 11-27-2006 12:05 PM

samejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
Judist

Loremaster

Aye, those stats are solo buffed.

In a proper raid setting alot of those stats are over 500 with my WIZ sitting well past 600. So I'm about right where I need to be for getting a large portion of my stats near the DR mark. My big point was with these EoF sets I could attain 600-700+ WIZ but I couldnt get my other stats anywhere near what I want.

So unless having 700+ WIZ becomes alot more useful than a DR power pool, I'm gonna stay away from these EoF relic pieces.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #11
Unwise

Loremaster

Very nice, grats on the item. Bane of Shielding line is my favourite defiler spell series, I'm really happy it is getting some love on the new armor set. I'm not saying it is the most effective, just my favourite.
Unwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
Supa Mint Flava

Loremaster

The restists on the EoF equipment seem to be very high, which makes me wonder how critical they will be versus non-primary stats.

Anyone know the sweet spot for resists?  Raid-buffed I'm typically 6k-9k without trying to boost anything in particular.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #13
Judist

Loremaster

Oddly, even with my KoS gear getting nerfed I'm still outright resisting alot of EoF mobs around the 6k mark.

Being a priest usually means having an edge on every other class, expecially with our high WIZ adding a nice base to our resists . With this in mind I think 6k+ is plenty. Add resist jewelry to max any resist for specific needs and you should be fine for the difficult encounters.

Also, ~10k should be the new resist cap (75%) with the combat change. With decent armor and a set of topaz resist jewelry we could hit that pre EoF. So no real worries.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #14
Rasraaku

Loremaster

Can you post an screenshot that shows how it looks?  I might be motivated to play my defiler :smileyvery-happy:

Rasraaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #15
Scow

Loremaster

I try to run around 7500-8500 and that seems to work now for resists.  I was able to get up to 10k in some areas and test but it didnt seem to do any less damage. So I would say 7k is good.
Scow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #16
Maelakai

Loremaster

Rasraaku wrote:
Can you post an screenshot that shows how it looks?  I might be motivated to play my defiler :smileyvery-happy:

I'll take a screeny tonight.... I have to warn you though, to see them I need to strip down to just my cape and the cuffs, so anyone who can't take the studly will have to look away SMILEYDraydinDefiler - Chaotic Legion - Kithicor
Old 11-30-2006, 05:33 AM   #17
Maelakai

Loremaster

As requested, here are some screenies of the Defiler Fabled bracers...First, for the ladies....
Here they are from the side, red and white... can't wait to see more of these SMILEYDraydinDefiler - Chaotic Legion - Kithicor
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #18
Maelakai

Loremaster

Fresh out of Freethinkers, off Malkonis.No Str SMILEYDraydinDefiler - Chaotic Legion - Kithicor

Message Edited by Maelakai on 12-10-2006 07:46 PM

Old 12-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #19
Daisy Lou

Loremaster

Grats guys, awesome pieces
Daisy Lou is offline   Reply With Quote