EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Defiler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
Jox

I have played alot of the classes in the game. I have a brigand as my main and I really like it. But what I really like is to heal. My only problem is i can't decide which class to choose. I want something differnt that isnt played by everyone like a fury. I want to be able to put out some damage along side my heals, dont have to be much but more than a templar would be good. I like to have cool spells and be able to help out in groups with buffs or debuffs. I can't figure out which class is for me ,  Being evil is also a plus. So any advice you can give me I really need.
Jox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Judist

Loremaster

Try Warden or Inquisitor. On Oasis we have tons of Templars and Furys, and starting to see defilers more and more at T7. Wardens are are great balance of heals, damage and have some nice spells like roots. Inquisitors are underplayed (on my server) and if you want to be different (and evil) that may be a good choice for you also.
Judist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
TheBladesCaress

Loremaster

Defiler damage is probably lowest of all the healer classes.  The reason everyone plays Furies & Wardens is because they can put out some damage.  DPS wise... Druids > Clerics > Shaman
TheBladesCaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
Macibaru

Loremaster

I disagree with that. I think our DPS can be quite higher than the majority of people think it is, at least, if you include dogdog and have your character set up to do damage. I know that I, personally, kill things when soloing that are a lot harder, and I kill them a lot faster, than what people have told me I can do. I don't know how I stack up with the other healers, as I have never actually parsed them, but I doubt we're automatically dead last, especially not when built properly and used effectively.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Scow

Loremaster

Based on how you have your AA's set up. If you set it up you can put out some dps quite effectively.
Scow is offline   Reply With Quote