EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Warden
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
mikemcmodmi

So I just got the SoW upgrade to 45% run speed.  I went and checked what stacks and what doesn't stack with it.  I've checked pretty much everything there is.  Jboots stack, so while wearing jboots you get 55% run speed.  The other buff I found that stacks with it is the dirge buff harbringer's sonet.  With the combination of the 3 I got up to 61% run speed.

Needless to say that made me very happy.... but there was something nagging me in the back of my head. 

I don't understand why mystics get to upgrade their SoW to 50% with 5 points and we only get to upgrade ours to 45%.  It seems like it's that way for no reason.  I want to be fast like I was in T5 when sow, jboots, spirit totems of the wolf and those items that dropped in perma all stacked to about 80% run speed.  In that regard I'm really happy.  Why do they have to ruin the happiness this AA gives me by giving mystics more run speed for no reason!

So what it boils down to is I want 50% sow too.  Plain and simple, it's unfair that we get less run speed.  I don't just want to be fast, I want to not have an inferior SoW!
mikemcmodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Goozman

Loremaster

its probably not much consolation, but if you do the droag scale collection, you get 10 pints of droag scale swill which is high power regen and 40% runspeed.

that'll give you over 30 hours of 95% runspeed lolz, it's pretty funny. As for the mystic thing, yeah I agree... I don't understand it... druids should be faster than shamans w t f

Old 11-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
MysidiaDrakkenbane

Loremaster

Goozman wrote:

its probably not much consolation, but if you do the droag scale collection, you get 10 pints of droag scale swill which is high power regen and 40% runspeed.

that'll give you over 30 hours of 95% runspeed lolz, it's pretty funny. As for the mystic thing, yeah I agree... I don't understand it... druids should be faster than shamans w t f

I agree. But if I had to choose between my new SoW or my cure line, I'll choose my cure line any day of the week.
MysidiaDrakkenbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
Nexiia

Loremaster

screw that, I'm goin RP'er. Saving Horses by not buying them and not promoting the use of animals as transportation!! SOW FOREVER!  SMILEY
Nexiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
Crimson Dragon

Loremaster

MysidiaClash wrote:I agree. But if I had to choose between my new SoW or my cure line, I'll choose my cure line any day of the week.
the sad thing about our uber cure line is that mitigation buffs are screwed up and, well, after a point, useless right now.see threads in the combat discussion forum such as this or this.yes, i love the cures and i still plan to finish them off. but another 1% mitigation isn't going to do crap. might as well run fast.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Mon

General

Ah but isnt there a silver lining to every cloud?  The mystic SoW booster only applies to speed, not duration.  So they sacrifice 15 minutes extra duration for that 5% more speed, me I will gladly run 5% slower for an additional 15 minutes duration.  Thats a 50% duration increase, and less often I have to recast the buff. 
Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #7
Fromingo

Loremaster

Monal wrote:
Ah but isnt there a silver lining to every cloud?  The mystic SoW booster only applies to speed, not duration.  So they sacrifice 15 minutes extra duration for that 5% more speed, me I will gladly run 5% slower for an additional 15 minutes duration.  Thats a 50% duration increase, and less often I have to recast the buff. 

well said
Fromingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 AM   #8
mikemcmodmi

While I guess it's nice for if you're casting SoW on someone else to give extra duration, for myself I don't care.  It takes 2 seconds to cast SoW so the extra duration doesn't make too much of a difference.  I'd rather be at 50% run speed SoW then 45% anyday.  I want more speed dammit!

I think it's messed up that I would have to ask a mystic for their better sow if I'm grouped with one.  It's spirit of the wolf, and we're the wolf priest.  It's not spirit of the bear.  I say give us the 50% sow.  I think the fact that they gave 2 different amounts is [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] in the first place.  Why would they do that?  This shouldn't even be an issue.  Give us 50% too like they should have in the first place because it's obviously just an oversight.

About the droag swill drink.  I didn't have any to test out whether that stacks.  Good to hear it does.  How do you get that again?  Is it from a quest?  I'll be trying to get my hands on some if I can for the run speed.

Message Edited by mikemcmodmike on 11-30-2006 12:05 PM

Old 12-01-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Mon

General

Well, my guess it is going to be an issue for only a very few people.  I personally like that they made them different, there is enough sameness in this game already.  I guess this is their attempt at diversity.  I think its a sad attempt, but you know, I can definitely understand why they are so tentative at it.  I am not trying to offend you with this, but just illustrating a point.  Your post is a prime example why so much of EQ2 is bland and lifeless.  If they diversify things too much people moan about imbalance, if they don't then people moan about the sameness (me).  I personally could do with a little imbalance.  Frankly, what I always wanted EQ2 to be was EQ1 with better graphics and a better UI.  I kinda enjoy that all classes can solo, some better than others of course, but I think in the pursuit of that equality they have made the game kind of lackluster.  I still enjoy it, but I never have anywhere near the extent I did the 5 years I played EQ1.  Heck, I didn't take my first break from EQ1 until it had been out for like 2 years.  In this game I have taken breaks like 4 times already.  It has it's strong points, but I think it's weak points are huge glaring holes.  Those holes are why WoW, which I dispise in every way, is soundly stomping it.Uh, this was about SoW right? SMILEY  Anyway, like I stated before, I thank ____ that we get even this meager amount of diversity in this game.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:25 AM   #10
mikemcmodmi

OK then.  Lets have diversity.  Change our SoW to 55% run speed and leave mystics at 50%.

I played EQ as well.  Diversity was good but I think balance is better.  People who liked diversity all rolled warriors and clerics.  Tell rangers diversity was good.  I bet you didn't play a ranger did you?

Message Edited by mikemcmodmike on 11-30-2006 01:26 PM

Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 AM   #11
Mon

General

No, actually I didn't but that doesn't mean much.  I didn't play a warrior, shaman, mage, bard, or a lot of other classes either.  You see, the problem with balance is it is so unbelievably unrealistic.  It is even more unrealistic than a dragon.  I am going to commit an unholy sin and say that there is very little balance in real life, but in my opinion the balance people seek is boring.  Lack of balance is what makes things interesting.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:55 AM   #12
Dragonreal

General

Monal wrote:Ah but isnt there a silver lining to every cloud?  The mystic SoW booster only applies to speed, not duration.  So they sacrifice 15 minutes extra duration for that 5% more speed, me I will gladly run 5% slower for an additional 15 minutes duration.  Thats a 50% duration increase, and less often I have to recast the buff. 

You forge tthat mystic sow adds safe fall as well so imo they don't trade 15 min duration for 5% runspeed.. they trade 15 min duration for x% of safe-fall; can I have my 5% runspeed now plz?
Dragonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #13
Bratface

Loremaster

Monal wrote:Ah but isnt there a silver lining to every cloud?  The mystic SoW booster only applies to speed, not duration.  So they sacrifice 15 minutes extra duration for that 5% more speed, me I will gladly run 5% slower for an additional 15 minutes duration.  Thats a 50% duration increase, and less often I have to recast the buff. 

Is it just me? Every time my group zones some or all of the group is back down to 20% runspeed, and I have to recast SoW again to give them the 45% again, so the duration is worthless to me, and with the mystic getting a safefall boost instead of the inrease in duration I think we got screwed, give us 50% and duration and let them have 50% and safefall and call it even, so long as our duration can actualy LAST through zoning because at this point its more of a hassle than a bonus imo.
Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #14
Mon

General

First I have heard that mystic sow adds safe fall, and if that is true is it part of their normal SoW spell or is it part of the AA speed boost?  I could have sworn I was browsing the AA list and didn't see any mention of a safe fall component.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #15
mikemcmodmi

They get a safefall to their SoW.  I'm positive.  The reason you don't hear about it is because no one cares.  Just like no one cares about the extra duration on our SoW.  What people care about is the run speed. 

I mean, what if the AA only increased the duration of sow to 2 hours.  Would anyone pick the AA?  Hell no.  What people want is speed.  I know that's all I want.  I want 50% SoW and then find droag swill with the goal of trying to hit 100% run speed.  That's my goal. 

Anyways, I /bug it daily SMILEY  I suggest more do the same.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

mikemcmodmike wrote:
They get a safefall to their SoW.  I'm positive.  The reason you don't hear about it is because no one cares.  Just like no one cares about the extra duration on our SoW.  What people care about is the run speed. 

I mean, what if the AA only increased the duration of sow to 2 hours.  Would anyone pick the AA?  Hell no.  What people want is speed.  I know that's all I want.  I want 50% SoW and then find droag swill with the goal of trying to hit 100% run speed.  That's my goal. 

Anyways, I /bug it daily SMILEY  I suggest more do the same.

Differing thought here.  I DO care about the duration.  When using the faster SoW in situations where we are running around pvping...trust me when I say having to SoW a group of 6 every 45 mins instead of every 15 (or was it 20...?  can't remember - all I know is it's a nightmare)....is a GOOD thing.    The extra duration of the spell is important there, and most helpful.  

I'm trying it out now, to see how useful it is over cures...not sure which one I'm going to stay with, but for now am really liking that speed increase. 

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
Spag

Loremaster

mikemcmodmike wrote:
They get a safefall to their SoW.  I'm positive.

Its not safe fall, its a falling damage reduction.  35% IIRC.
Spag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:30 AM   #18
mikemcmodmi

Well let me ask you this.  If you're grouped with a mystic with an upgraded SoW..... who's SoW are you going to use.  Yours or the mystics sow.  This tells ya what's really important about the spell.  It's a speed buff...  whatever gives the most speed will be used.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #19
Lunaya

Loremaster

We want faster SoW ! We want faster SoW! We want faster SoW! SMILEY
Lunaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #20
stargazer5678

Loremaster

Well, from a strictly logical perpective Druids should run faster than Shamans. Why is it logical?

1. Druids wear leather (light) armor but Shamans wear chain (medium) armor. Additional weight of chain armor slows down Shamans.

2. Lions and Wolfes are faster than Bears.

3. Druid are in general more aware of the terrain than Shamans. Druids can root/snare, Furies have Cheetah and can invis.

4. When you think of a Druid and a Shaman which one gets more associated with speed?

Leshii

stargazer5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #21
Nexiia

Loremaster

Norrath , the land logic forgot.
its like...area 51 ! only, the aliens wear robes and pull alot more aggro.

Nexiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #22
Radigazt

Loremaster

I have a slightly different perspective.  I PvP almost 100% of the time.  I love the Warden 45% SoW.  My Fury used to be the group SoW'er because I didn't contribute as much buffwise as our Warden, so that was one way I could give back.  While I feel a little more guilty these days using my me-only 35% in-combat Fury speed buff, I absolutely love the more speed our group gets from the Warden 45% SoW, and our group's Warden feels even more needed.  SMILEY 

Bottom line, the game is more enjoyable for me and my guildies at a higher speed, and increasing the SoW's means we don't need horses to get it.  I applaud the devs for all of the new speed boosts in the game (e.g. Warden's 45% SoW, Fury's 35% in-combat speed boost, Shaman's 50% SoW). 

But, I think the speeds--or something--still needs a tad bit of tweaking.  Bards got royally shafted as one of their main buffs became obsolete.  SMILEY  I also agree that Druids (leather, wolf/lion, speed-oriented) shouldn't be slower than Shamans (chain, big bulky bear).  I think the Druid/Shaman thing could be corrected by making the Warden SoW 50% to 55%.  I think Bards need to be thrown a bone though.  If they're not going to be the speed-buffers, then they need something else IMHO. 

These are minor tweaks.  All in all, I'm very very very happy the devs decided to add FUN AA's to the game.  SMILEY  Increasing runspeed from 20% to 45% is fun.  Thanks. 

Radigazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #23
mikemcmodmi

Hells yea.  I remember as soon as I saw we could upgrade SoW to 45% in beta I got really excited.  I was running around and really happy.  That was right up until I talked to a mystic with 50% sow.  It totally ruined my happiness.

That's what I mean by the sow difference ruining my happiness.  I'm really happy and excited about getting this sow upgrade.  It made me really happy.  I don't know why they had to ruin the feeling by giving us an inferrior sow, for no freaken reason too.  I don't see why we should get an inferrior sow.  It just makes no sense unless it's an oversight.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #24
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

mikemcmodmike wrote:

Hells yea.  I remember as soon as I saw we could upgrade SoW to 45% in beta I got really excited.  I was running around and really happy.  That was right up until I talked to a mystic with 50% sow.  It totally ruined my happiness.

That's what I mean by the sow difference ruining my happiness.  I'm really happy and excited about getting this sow upgrade.  It made me really happy.  I don't know why they had to ruin the feeling by giving us an inferrior sow, for no freaken reason too.  I don't see why we should get an inferrior sow.  It just makes no sense unless it's an oversight.

I really can see both sides of the fence here.  Shamans (shamen?)  need some serious lubbin's AA wise.   The Dog as an AA platform really needs some looking into and beefing up (not to mention his run speed fixed so he's not 5 zones away when you need him). 

That said, I don't see that run speed should be the bone (no pun intended) thrown to the Shaman class - it's a Druid thing, IMO.  I was surprised on my Defiler to get SoW at all - a nice little utility, but I don't expect that it should be upgradeable to really do anything.  

Now, a dog that didn't die instantly (with a huge recast time), but every really good AA you have depends on him...would be very nice.  Maybe a "Fabled Dog Armor" or something...as a line you can choose?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #25
mikemcmodmi

The dog is overpowered.  Get the final ability in the str line and max out the ward amount on a successful attack.  There are 2 kinds of defilers.  Those that maxed the str line and outheal everyone else in raids and those that didn't and end up being beat by wardens.

That being said mystics get their own stuff.  SoW I agree is a warden thing and we should have the superior buff if anything.  It's spirit of the wolf afterall.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #26
sunyata39

Lord

all this whining over 5% ???
sunyata39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #27
Crimson Dragon

Loremaster

yes!we're wardens, darn it!5% is our life. :smileytongue:
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #28
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

YES!!  if 5% lets me catch up to that runner on the big ol' fancy horse and root their little pink behinds....I want that 5%!!  ((lol))

Old 12-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #29
sunyata39

Lord

i guess i should have known this was purely concerning pvp? i dont play on it so i guess im off in thinking its rare for a warden to be out alone chasing after a mystic. good times..?
sunyata39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #30
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

sunyata39 wrote:
i guess i should have known this was purely concerning pvp? i dont play on it so i guess im off in thinking its rare for a warden to be out alone chasing after a mystic. good times..?

I guess I'm off in wondering why you decided to troll this thread and offer no constructive discussion to the topic...?   Good times ?