EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Warden
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
mikemcmodmi

Anyone have the Warden EoF AA list?  I didn't see anything up.
mikemcmodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Harjood03

Loremaster

Note this wasn't my findings/typing/anything and there was a image involved, but im too lazy to copy that as well.

Movement Line

Currently this AA line offers no active spells in a Warden’s lineup making the end ability while a nice idea is useless to waste so many points getting.

1. Enhance: Root – Reduces resistibility of root and higher level upgrades (3% per rank)

2. Enhance: Snare – Reduces resistibility of snare (3% per rank)

3. Enhance: Spirit of Wolf – Increase movement speed and duration of Spirit of Wolf (10% Duration and 3% out of combat Movement speed per rank)

4. Enhance: Willow Improves re-use of our 5 min recast de-agro (10 seconds per rank)

5. Enhance: Undergrowth – Reduces resistibility of our encounter root (3% per rank)

6. Nature Walk – Makes Wardens group immune to root and some knock back effects.

Wardens Line

This line is not what Wardens are looking for their class.  Wardens do not have trouble managing their time and getting the stuff done they want to get done.   This may not be the case for clerics and shamans who have long casting heals/and or lots of debuffing duties.  Druids on the other hand have close to no debuffing, fast casting heals, and fast casting nukes as it is.   We do not need Combat CA’s with longer re-use, increased power cost, reduced range, and reduced resistibility.  Please see parses below for data on how this doesn’t even improve Warden DPS.

1. Fire Strike: Changes Solar Flame into a CA attack (Increase damage/resistibility with rank)

2. Cold Strike: Increases Subzero into a CA attack (Increase damage/resistibility with rank)

3. Cold Slice: Increases Glacial Cold into a CA attack (Increase damage/resistibility with rank)

4. Enhance Protector of the Forest – Increase mitigation by 3% per rank

5. Whirl of Frost: Increases Winds of Winter into a CA attack (Increase damage/resistibility with rank)

6. Force of Nature: Increases Warden chance to critical melee damage (12.5% per rank)

Renewal Line

Having this line effect our 3 resurrects and not a single heal spell is very disappointing to me.

1. Enhance: Nature’s Touch: Increase health restored by Nature’s touch (2% per rank)

2. Enhance: Favor of the Untamed: Improves Reuse of Favor of the Untamed and its Higher upgrades (10seconds per rank)

3. Enhance: Equinox Increases Health/Power restored by group resurrection (1% per rank)

4. Enhance: Reincarnate Increases Health/Power of 1 of our single target Resurrections (1% per rank)

5. Enhance: Tunare’s Watch: Improves Reuse on Tunare’s Watch (10 sec per rank)

6. Reformation: Increases Trigger count on Divine Intervention spells by 1 and doubles their normal duration.

Remedies

1. Enhance: Cure Noxious – Adds Noxious Mitigation and coverts it into some power for short duration for 30 seconds (700 Rank 1)

2. Enhance: Cure Trauma – Adds Trauma Mitigation and coverts it into some power for short duration for 30 seconds (350 Rank 1)

3. Enhance: Cure Elemental – Adds Elemental Mitigation and coverts it into some power for short duration for 30 seconds (700 Rank 1)

4. Enhance: Cure Arcane – Adds Arcane Mitigation and coverts it into some power for short duration for 30 seconds (700 Rank 1)

5. Enhance: Verdant Sigh- Adds physical and noxious mitigation by 210/420 and coverts it into some power for short duration of 30 seconds for 30seconds (rank 1)

Insognito

Harjood03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Gwen

Lord

A few months ago, when i started to play EQ2 and looked at Druid KoS AA, i was thinking it couldnt be worse ... but i was wrong.While there are some ideas with Wardens AA, seriously, its a joke, no AA to improve our heals (Like Templars have),  AA to improve our rez (Ok, who here always takes time to rez people while raiding ... ?), and this Melee AA line which is a copycat of our existing spells ... huh?Wardens need to be better at what we are ... improve our heals (+% heal), improve our spores.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
eclipse25

Loremaster

Dinrae wrote:
A few months ago, when i started to play EQ2 and looked at Druid KoS AA, i was thinking it couldnt be worse ... but i was wrong.
While there are some ideas with Wardens AA, seriously, its a joke, no AA to improve our heals (Like Templars have),  AA to improve our rez (Ok, who here always takes time to rez people while raiding ... ?), and this Melee AA line which is a copycat of our existing spells ... huh?
Wardens need to be better at what we are ... improve our heals (+% heal), improve our spores.

Totally agree, but heals isnt the only thing that needs to be improved  I would like to list em but it might be a little long.

eclipse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Dragonreal

General

Dinrae wrote:A few months ago, when i started to play EQ2 and looked at Druid KoS AA, i was thinking it couldnt be worse ... but i was wrong.While there are some ideas with Wardens AA, seriously, its a joke, no AA to improve our heals (Like Templars have),  AA to improve our rez (Ok, who here always takes time to rez people while raiding ... ?), and this Melee AA line which is a copycat of our existing spells ... huh?Wardens need to be better at what we are ... improve our heals (+% heal), improve our spores.

No healer got anything that significantly improved their heals.. the templar haeling sutff is on their procs, furies get a boost to emergency heal, inqs get nothing cept rezzes like us, defilers got a bunch of tweaks to debuffs as far as I could see, and mystics got buffs/dps stuff... it seemed their were two different setups with the healer AAs: you either got cure/rez/melee trees or you got sometihng else that may or may not be better... we unfortunately got a lot of the worse ones as well as ones that seem to have potential, but just aren't implemented well enough. If nothing changes: For raiders, the best tree atm seems to be the cure tree minus the final AA and I would guess a lot would mebbe go down rez tree for the final AA or for lack of anything better; for pvpers/soloers, movement all the way. For anyone else... mix and match the ones you find appealing =/ Only other thing I can say is: don't automatically discount the enhance: tranquility AA because it doesn't reduce cast time... the one good thing about the expansion for wardens so far is that the tranquility issue actually finally has been addressed and the cast time was reduced to 1.5s.
Dragonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
Oosu

Loremaster

The warden line looks decent for pvp.  Our nukes and whatnot can't be inerupted. 
Oosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
Ama

General

This is indeed sad and I hope they add something to them to give them a bit of an appeal. 
Old 11-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
xandez

Loremaster

ARGH!

Those look even worse than the ranger AA:s... even thou they sucked also... BAH! SMILEY

++Xan

xandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
Owlbe

General

Arrgh! Gawd that stinks!

Ok, I'm a dps Warden since I solo and small group alot so the only way for me to enhance my damage is to go the warden line.  Which changes all my spells to CA's.  This kinda negates the whole root thing we can do not to mention I've built my druid building int/wis/pow (more like a priest-wizard).  So when I change my spells to ca's then all their damage will drop a ton since they will be checked against my str and not my int any more (see the inquis aa's they are complaining about the same thing) and I'll be forced to get all new equipment to fit into their mold of what I should be and not my own idea. 

I'll have to concentrate on str/wis/sta/mit and compete with monks and bruisers for appropriate equipment.   Arrrghh, don't like this at all.  Wardens should be the casters and Furys the melee druids... does'nt that make more sense?

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #10
mikemcmodmi

I like the AA list lol.  The cure line looks pretty good.  We can increase resists by curing.... I just wonder if we actually have to cure something or if we can just use the cure as a temp resist increase.  What's the resists increase too?  I hope it's not too low.  The mitigation increase on verdant sigh looks good too.

I mean it's useless beyond the curing tree but the curing tree isn't bad.  You should see the brigand tree if you want to see useless.

Message Edited by mikemcmodmike on 11-04-2006 11:08 AM

Old 11-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #11
mikemcmodmi

You know the more I think about it the more I think there's some real potential here.

Look at it this way.  Atm in raids we dont have enough to do.  All we do is direct heal and nuke.  Especially when you start really progressing in the expansion and wards are soaking up most of the damage.

Now instead we have 2 ways we can go.  If you're a G1 healer you go the cure line.  Then every 30 secs you cycle your cures on the tank whether it's needed or not.  Add those resists onto the tank including mitigation from the cure trauma.  On top of that you have verdant sigh you cast as a temp mit, nox and elemental resist buff.  That should add up if the resist increase isn't too low.

If you're not a G1 healer then you can go the melee line.  /respec to str line in KoS AA line and take double attacks and build up your str instead of int.  Then you can take the melee crit AA for double attacks with a 2 hander.  Then take the extra mit buff and stay in AoEs with melee dps to heal them.  I tried doing this in KoS but couldn't because my mitigation was too low in HoS.  The mit buff should help now and adornments for + str will help with raising str.  I could never get my str up high so I was barely hitting for above the base damage which was one of the big probs with str line.  I see some potential in the melee line.

I like the KoS AA line to be honest, you just have to adapt.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:35 AM   #12
Boli32

Loremaster

Omegarhino wrote:

Arrgh! Gawd that stinks!

Ok, I'm a dps Warden since I solo and small group alot so the only way for me to enhance my damage is to go the warden line.  Which changes all my spells to CA's.  This kinda negates the whole root thing we can do not to mention I've built my druid building int/wis/pow (more like a priest-wizard).  So when I change my spells to ca's then all their damage will drop a ton since they will be checked against my str and not my int any more (see the inquis aa's they are complaining about the same thing) and I'll be forced to get all new equipment to fit into their mold of what I should be and not my own idea. 

I'll have to concentrate on str/wis/sta/mit and compete with monks and bruisers for appropriate equipment.   Arrrghh, don't like this at all.  Wardens should be the casters and Furys the melee druids... does'nt that make more sense?

Actually I'm with you on that... if Warden's get the root we shodul have got the +mit buffs and a few more melee improvements in the AAs... looks like its all changing now... Furys FINALLY getting root and you have a lot of CA. Although, this wil allow you to respec to the STR line with a lot of double attack and all that if you wish.
Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:41 AM   #13
Dam

On the bright side, I don't really have to rush to gather AA in EoF, because, frankly.  The improvements are so miniscule, that I could probably lie and say I had 50 EoF AA anyway.  I'm praying the EQ2 gods we get an Overhaul..-- Lunarea.70 Warden of The Kraken, Freeport side, Nagafen Server.
Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #14
iceriven2

Loremaster

divine intervention spells????   which spells are those...
iceriven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Dragonreal

General

tunare's watch and nature's regrowth lines
Dragonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #16
iceriven2

Loremaster

oh good so an end ability dedicated to 2 spell line 99.9% of all wardens will noyl ever use once yay!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #17
mikemcmodmi

I hope they don't change our AA lines.  The cure line is really nice, you just have to look at the big picture.

Before the main gripe with Wardens has been burst healing and weak buffs.  The cure line takes care of both problems.  We can throw up a cure trauma and maintain it on the tank for an extra 350 mitigation.  It would be an almost permanent buff if you're conscious of keeping the buff up.  Then if there's a time with spike damage you can use verdant sigh to add another 240 mitigation.  That's almost 600 mitigation we'll be adding helping us with spike damage.

At first when I looked at the cure line I was dissapointed because who wants to make cures better?  Now I like it because it's about perspective.  We're getting a 700 to any resists buff and a 350 to mitigation buff.  Then a temp 240 mit and some nox buff, they're just cast through our cures.  We're still getting the buff, it's just the cure is the medium for how we're getting an extra mit buff for the tank.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #18
iceriven2

Loremaster

i can live with our AA line considering they all can be used for something accept for the wardens line.  I just don't see any real use for this line for pvp or pve

Old 11-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Writer Cal

Loremaster

iceriven2 wrote:

i can live with our AA line considering they all can be used for something accept for the wardens line.  I just don't see any real use for this line for pvp or pve

I don't know.  It might seem useless to a lot of people, but for those going for a certain style and feel with their Warden, it sounds like it could prove to be fun.

Member of the Tom Tobey Fan Club since 2010.

Homeshow Designs:

Deluxe Seaside Cottage

Reckoning Goes Corporate
Writer Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #20
Sorano

Loremaster

Our AAs just underwent a revamp.

The Enhance line now improves:

Rez spells: by 4% per point

Numbing spores: inc proc by 1% per point

Spirit of the Bat: inc agi by 10%, regen by 2

Protecting Grove: Improves reuse speed by 3 secs per point

Save from Death: Reduce recast by 10%

The cures now do a %mit increase

I have only tested out trauma but each point adds 105 mitigation, so looks like we will have a total of 525 physical mitigation with 5 points. I assume the other cures add 210 mitigation for each point.

All in all some fairly interesting changes.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #21
Goozman

Loremaster

The melee crit AA was increased to 15% per rank

Also, the root and ae root had cast reduction bonuses added. .2s per rank.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #22
iceriven2

Loremaster

awsome ....good change....how about that final ability  reformation (divine intervention)...they change that at all??

Message Edited by iceriven2 on 11-05-2006 12:35 AM

Old 11-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #23
Siufu

Loremaster

iceriven2 wrote:
awsome ....good change....how about that final ability  reformation (divine intervention)...they change that at all??

Message Edited by iceriven2 on 11-05-2006 12:35 AM

Yes, they nerfed it. No duration increased now.
Siufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #24
Siufu

Loremaster

(11/4 Beta patch)MovementEnhance: Trapping Vines - improves casting speed by 0.2s, reduces resistability by 3% per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Snare - improves reuse speed by 1.5s, reduces resistability by 5% per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Spirit of Wolf - increases out of combat movement speed by 5%, increases duration by 10% per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Ancient Sylph - improves reuse speed by 20s per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Bracken - reduces resistability by 3%, improves casting speed by 0.2s per rank up to rank 5Nature Walk - makes group members immune to root effects, grants immunity to most knockback effectsWardens(following CA scale according to your strength, my str is 116)Fire Strike - inflicts 324-396 heat damage on targetCold Strike - inflicts 567-698 cold damage on target, double if target is elementalCold Slice - inflicts 162-198 melee damage on target, decreases mitigation of target vs heat and cold damage by 630, inflicts 134-164 cold damage on target every 4sEnhance: Patron of the Forest - increases mitigation by 10%Whirl of Frost - inflicts 689-842 cold damage on targets in areaForce of Nature - increases melee crit chance of caster by 15% per rank up to rank 5RenewalEnhance: Resurrections - increases health and power by an additional 4% per rank up to rank 5All working on Revive, Reincarnation, and Equinox.Enhance: Regenerative Spores - increases trigger percentage by 1% per rank up to rank 5Adept 3 is 8% for Regenerative Spores.Enhance: Spirit of the Bat - increases power regeneration by 2, increases agility by 10% per rank up to rank 5Adept 3 is 9.4 in-combat power regeneration. Now every rank increase it by 2.Enhance: Protecting Grove - improves reuses speed by 3s per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Death Interventions - improves reuse speed by 10% per rank up to rank 5Nature's Regrowth 10min recast - five ranks decreases it to 6min 40sTunare's Watch 5min recast - five ranks decreases it to 3min 20sReformation - adds an additional death intervention triggerShow in both Nature's Regrowth and Tunare's WatchRemediesEnhance: Cure Noxious - adds an effect that increases noxious resistance by 3% for a short duration per rank up to rank 5First rank increase by 3%, which is 210. Fifth rank increase by 1050, lasts for 1 minute.Enhance: Cure Trauma - adds an effect that increases trauma resistance by 1.5% for a short duration per rank up to rank 5First rank increase by 105, fifth ranks increase by 525, lasts for 1 minuteEnhance: Cure Elemental - adds an effect that increases elemental resistance by 3% for a short duration per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Cure Arcane - adds an effect that increases arcane resistance by 3% for a short duration per rank up to rank 5Enhance: Verdant Gasp - adds an effect that increases arcane and trauma resistance for a short duration per rank up to rank 5First rank increase 105 mitigation and 210 elemental resist. Fifth rank increase 525 mitigation and 1050 elemental resist.Enhance: Tranquility - improves reuse speed by 3s per rank up to rank 5Shatter Infection - When target falls below 20% health this spell will cast Shatter Infection on target. Dispels 78 levels of hostile piercing, divine, heat, crushing, mental, slashing, disease, poison, magic and cold effects on caster. Grants a total of 1 triggers of the spell.The recast is 3 minutes, casting 2 seconds, duration 30 seconds.
Siufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #25
Gwen

Lord

I like the Renewal line better, but one thing i dont understand is why SoE wants Wardens to melee, personally, i would prefer something like Fury, AA Line that improve our existing DPS Spells.I would also find interesting to have an AA to improve our Nature Ally Spell.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #26
Oakum

Loremaster

Well, if they wanted non game breaking AA's they got it. Other then that I will have to wait to see as I use them. Hopefully the price for respecting will start over for the EoF AA'S.

I don't see anything that I "must have". I will probably play around with the cures line first. Some of them interest me for flavor reasons. The root/snare one kinda worries me. I have no problem getting my root to work now. Why would I want to improve it unless they are making them much less effective with combat changes.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #27
Owlbe

General

Well they are "forcing" anyone who wants more dps from their warden into a melee role which kinda sucks.  Note also they are "forcing" wardens, mystics, and inquisitors into a fighting role and pushing the defilers, templars and furysinto casters.  I guess this is going to be done for more class diversity but I always hate it when choice is removed from the player.  Not to mention the money its going to cost me to refit my warden to a melee warden for probably almost no gain from what dps I was doing before.  From playing years of SOE games I know you can't buck the way they want you to go or you're just trying to skate uphill SMILEY

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #28
Maledan

Loremaster

IMO the Warden achievements don't look too bad after the latest overhaul. When I read the first list in this thread, the uselessness of most Warden achievement lines stunned me. Now, while I still think the melee line absolutely doesn't fit the role of the Warden, especially in raids, I'm really looking forward to:- two fast casting roots (1s) which are hard to resist (great for soloing)- 45% run speed increase even in dungeon zones- an increase in in-combat power regeneration which amounts to FT 10 (good for long fights in raids)- 1050 mitigation increase which can be kept on the tank at all times- improved proc chance for the spore lineThe end abilities still look kind of uninteresting, but overall I'm feeling a lot better after the latest changes.
Maledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #29
iceriven2

Loremaster

Look ten times better but i agree with most of you.  I do not perfer to be a melee druid.  
I am really jealious of the fury AA line lol looks so much better but i like wardens more so i guess i'll deal

Also there a lot of str/ wis leather out there??   i been gearing up my warden as a wis/int for nukes but if melee will give me more dps i need the str

Message Edited by iceriven2 on 11-05-2006 12:51 PM

Message Edited by iceriven2 on 11-05-2006 12:52 PM

Old 11-06-2006, 02:33 AM   #30
Maledan

Loremaster

Yes, I agree that the Fury achievements are much better, mainly because they improve the core abilities of the druid class (healing + DPS). In contrast, many of the Warden achievements focus on secondary, seldom-used abilities: the save-from-death spells, roots, deaggro, and rez. The latest changes have definitely been a step in the right direction, improving the spores, the tree, and power regeneration, all of which are useful in most fights. I'd still like to see an upgrade to Hierophantic Genesis/Advent. The Fury 50/70 specialty spells received an upgrade in EoF, and they were already better than the Warden ones (which are practically useless, since I can heal much more in the same time when *not* using them).
Maledan is offline   Reply With Quote