EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

What kind of household items would you like to see available in the store?

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Juravael

Loremaster
Juravael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 997
Default

I'd like to see some basic "fluff" items to use around a players house to add flavor.. things like hanging coiled rope, a larger variety of candles, weapon racks, hanging robes (like on a wall hook), hat rack, more paintings with regular frames (not like the LoN frames, they look horrid), hearths and fireplaces, prepared food, bathroom amenities, tools that can be set on a flat surface (tinker tools, smithing tools, leather tools etc), better looking wall torches, basic rugs, animal trophy heads (like the bear one from the halas collection) ... I could go on and on

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I'd like to see some basic "fluff" items to use around a players house to add flavor.. things like hanging coiled rope, a larger variety of candles, weapon racks, hanging robes (like on a wall hook), hat rack, more paintings with regular frames (not like the LoN frames, they look horrid), hearths and fireplaces, prepared food, bathroom amenities, tools that can be set on a flat surface (tinker tools, smithing tools, leather tools etc), better looking wall torches, basic rugs, animal trophy heads (like the bear one from the halas collection) ... I could go on and on

How about kitchen items? Utensils, pots and pans (hanging and individually placeable on a flat surface), etc.. Here are a few I just did today...

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 266
Default

Flights of stairs.  Not stair steps we build stairs with, but a couple styles of full stair segments.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Nightshade
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 314
Default

I like it! Clean geometry. Though the knots are overly complex at a glance... should block them out and compensate with the texture. SMILEY

__________________
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
hexalobular

Lord
hexalobular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Default

Lovely pots and pans!

I hope the idea really is to make them octagonal and out of some interesting unconventional material.

I don't like knots on hanging loops, how about the ends of the loop are clamped inside the handle somehow?

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I like it! Clean geometry. Though the knots are overly complex at a glance... should block them out and compensate with the texture.

Thanks! I'm not accustomed to creating low poly models as my models are usually geared toward illustrators and animators so creating low poly models is a nice, and welcomed, challengeThe knots, though they look complex actually only consist of 18 polys. it is actually two triangles that are rotated about each other and each segment has only 3 faces (3 segments containing 3 faces each = 9 polygons each triangle x2 =18 polys). The fact they overlap each other in an X shape rotation makes them appear more complex than they are. When textured they look very nice. ;o)

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

hexalobular wrote:

I don't like knots on hanging loops, how about the ends of the loop are clamped inside the handle somehow?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by being clamped inside the handle though. Do you mean not visible? That would be easy enough to create a simple loop without the knots, but I was thinking more along how would they be made by a a society with very little technological advances. Not that that is a reality in the EQ world. I mean , heck, we don't have teleports to teleport us around the world even! lol

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

Flights of stairs.  Not stair steps we build stairs with, but a couple styles of full stair segments.

Funny, I was giving serious consideration to some stairway segments when brainstorming items this morning ;o)

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Juravael

Loremaster
Juravael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Merker wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I'd like to see some basic "fluff" items to use around a players house to add flavor.. things like hanging coiled rope, a larger variety of candles, weapon racks, hanging robes (like on a wall hook), hat rack, more paintings with regular frames (not like the LoN frames, they look horrid), hearths and fireplaces, prepared food, bathroom amenities, tools that can be set on a flat surface (tinker tools, smithing tools, leather tools etc), better looking wall torches, basic rugs, animal trophy heads (like the bear one from the halas collection) ... I could go on and on

How about kitchen items? Utensils, pots and pans (hanging and individually placeable on a flat surface), etc.. Here are a few I just did today...

Very nice! That's exactly the kind of thing that I was thinking about.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

I went with a Halasian theme for this set. Handpainted all the textures to somewhat come close to the game item "Halasian Stew Pot".

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Merker

Lord
Merker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Default

For comparison, below is an image of the original 'in game' item called "Halasian Stew Pot".

I deviated from the script a bit (on the bands around the cookware) and created one based on the scripts seen around New Halas.

Here is a list of the software I used to complete this set...

Hexagon - 3D modeling

UVmapper Pro - For uvmapping the models (used to prepare the models to receive textures)

Inkscape - Free vector based graphics package (like Illustrator) used for drawing the Halasian script found on the bands around the pots and frying pan.

Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 - For painting textures

xNormal - Free program for baking normal maps (typically known as relief maps or bumpmaps; used to simulate bumps, imperfections, etc... on surfaces)

__________________
Merker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Rahatmattata

Loremaster
Rahatmattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,232
Default

i want a cool shield. maybe someone could get some inspiration from the character on the forums login screen.

__________________


A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Kurokage
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Kagemusha
Rank: Kage

Loremaster
Kurokage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 57
Default

Custom shields won't be available for EQ2 PS for awhile. When it finally launches, EQ2 will get to play around with furniture and capes. I am looking forward to this so much I'm coming out of retirement. Hopefully I will be able to expand some Isle of Mara/Wantia furniture sets.

Kurokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
Tommara

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 301
Default

Objects to make caves and waterfalls, such as https://marketplace.secondlife.com/...el-Edman/406462  and  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/...-sculpts/406464 but probably need to be texturized since I doubt we'll be allowed to re-texturize.

I've been able to make pretty much anything out of just a basic rock and arch in Second Life, due to the ability to resize objects in any dimension.  Not sure how much will be allowed with Player Studio objects.  The key is to have a really good texture that  scales well.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.