EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I'm definatedly not happy.

First of all, the item itself is lacking. It's cute, but there's no ray of light and the solid back is a problem for builded structures (and for those, the odd shape would definatedly be a problem.

Second: it was an idea posted over and over again in the thread in tradeskills asking us what house items we wanted. So far, 2 ideas were used: 1/ the purplefish (SC) and 2/ the windows (SC). How many people requested for those to be crafted and NOT SC?

I really dislike the idea of, once more, putting every single usefull stuff on the market place. I really hate it. And no, I'm definatedly not happy at all.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
Atmu

Loremaster

This !

I am totally unhappy about the fact that what we want most is then on SC. I am wondering how long it will take for the shool of fish or the triangular tiles or water tiles to be there....

Mu!

Atmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
SweetSynergy

Loremaster

Filly67 wrote:

I have no issue with SC, just poorly planned products selling for SC. If you think we are halfway down the slope of SC you are wrong it is in full swing.  Many items would never even be developed if not for the chance to make money of them at least initally.  Such as many tiles, walls etc...  Of course if you don't like it you are right to speak with your wallet and not use it.  There are many items that start on SC store and end going to crafters so I don't see the big deal.  This is about commerce and many MMOs are way beyond EQ2 on that level.  SC does not affect individual gameplay you are free to continue on as you wish.  It is naive to think of this as anything but a business.

I must be missing some recipes somewhere.  What is on the station cash store that crafters can now make?  Not even the building blocks on the market are craftable by any tradeskiller that I'm aware of. None of the clothes on there are craftable by armourers or tailors.  Please point me in the direction that you are referring too.

I beg to differ on the point you make about it not affecting individual gameplay.  I would haphazard a guess that it does indeed affect someones individual style of playing. Maybe not yours or mine but if you read the forums there were people who left this game because of station cash.  Does anyone need that stuff... no they dont, but it still affects their style of play or their sense of what this game meant to them and it left us with less people to play with.

No one is refuting that Soe is a business... but there are many other ways they could have made money besides station cash.  One of them would have been listening to their player base and compromising between the two ideals.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
Nefariaa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Paper Tigers

Loremaster

I'm waiting to see if they add some craftable window recipies to NOTD or Frostfell recipies before I go off the deep end upset. The original poster is right. Come on guys, we have been begging for ready made windows for a very long time. Throw us a bone and make at least one or two that are craftable.

Nefariaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
Dexella

Community Relations

Hi all,

I just wanted to make sure you saw this "PS" in the Producer's Letter from this morning:

Windstalker wrote:

P.S. We will be adding window recipes for tradeskillers with the expansion, as well as others...thought I'd mention it given the recent marketplace release.

~Dexella

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
decator666

Champion

We already had stained glass windows which are nice too.  The new windows I am not impressed with so far because they don't give you a peek into the outside.  They are like a banner.  How about showing a mountain scene or a wilderness scene thru the window to kind of create where your house is...

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #37
Karrane1

Tester

Thanks for the heads up Dexella!

And to Decator666.. wow, i love that idea of a scene in the window =)

Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #38
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

Dexella wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to make sure you saw this "PS" in the Producer's Letter from this morning:

Windstalker wrote:

P.S. We will be adding window recipes for tradeskillers with the expansion, as well as others...thought I'd mention it given the recent marketplace release.

~Dexella

So glad to read this! Thanks for the info!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #39
Gneaux
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Loremaster

There's a reason I quit posting ideas up here to "wish lists" because I just flat out got tired of seeing things people come up with being thrown up on the Marketplace,which in turn forces me to buy my own idea, no credit at all to the person coming up with the idea, no acknowledgement, no "thank you for putting money in SOE's pocket for YOUR idea" , nothing. I used to love to come up with ideas for Frostfell or Nights of the Dead or house items, and actually see some of them come to life in game. Not anymore,. As far as I am concerned, if SOE want to utilize my ideas I can either get hired by them, or at least some kind of paycheck like every other employee or independant contracter.

Gneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
Medeya_AB

Lord

I saw the windows as well, and I am not thrilled about the movement toward station cash items. Hopefully they will be like the building blocks. I would rather make my own house items out of available pieces than purchase them for SC.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #41
Domino

Loremaster

Katttara wrote:

This is great they made windows...we have asked for them a long time. But they are charging us sc for them. We have asked for windows for so long...asked for craftable ones. Instead of answering that, they nickle and dime us for an idea we came up with and asked for, and then package and sell it to us.

I have just one thing to add to this thread:

Windows.  Carpenter-made; level 80 handcrafted.  I added these in the Sentinel's Fate expansion in 2010, in direct response to your requests (see  Niami's write up on EQ2Traders).  I called them "ovals" instead of "windows" since I anticipated them being used for many things besides windows, but is Decatur666 really the only person to remember these?  And yes, they're two-sided.    

Folks, I love you all dearly but I do think it's a wee bit unfair to give the team a hard time for making some one-sided station wallet versions of an item carpenters have been able to make for 2 years.    Windstalker's one of the good guys, be nice to her!

(And no, before you ask, I'm not back on the team, but I *AM* still lurking around as a player and got permission to make this one post. See you in game!)

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #42
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Hey! We DO remember them!And I always use them as windows in my houses needing windows, especially the yellowish one.

When you added the first windows, it was following the first wave of requests, aka having the possibility to put windows in Neriak and Kelethin houses (dark insides).

Currently, the request for windows is mostly tied to break outs and outdoor areas, so 2 ways square windows that can be embedded between dividers in a wall and are see-through. So, when the windows showed up, it wasn't feeled as an answer to the request... and honestly, the marketplace house items are getting a bit on the nerves of a good part of us, which doesn't help.

*hugs Domino*

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
Raienya

Loremaster

I have been one of the most vocal opponents of the SC store. I hate, hate, HATE that items that should have been given to crafters in the first place are on that accursed thing.

It is nice to see that you are still around, Domino. I hope you are doing well in whatever new job you have.Just know that you are hugely missed.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
decator666

Champion

Well I'm a newbie player who created a carpenter just to make things for the house.  I remember making those windows for my mom's house and she loved them.  They have added more windows with a similar type effect...no more than a closed window.  That's the main beef we have with many of the houses is the windows are 0 or they are not showing the outside.  I also have a beef with no curtians...Oh there is 1 curtain that doesn't seem to fit any of the windows in my house...

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote