EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Keroywn

Loremaster

I know there is a way to fix the "fall through" floors on the treehouse, but I can't remember for the life of me, and homeshow was super quiet - and I'm heading for bed.  Anyone?  Thanks!

Keroywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Andowen
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: I Like Pie

Loremaster

All I did to 'fix' my tree house was to move it slightly. Seems like when they are sunk down in to the ground the collision is a bit funky. I only had to move the one house with fall through floors about a foot (an in-game half elf foot) to the side from where I wanted it originally and all floors went back to being solid again.

If you don't want to try to move the house you could use a tile that you hide in the floor to make it appear solid. A misty tile maybe where the edges are almost invisible.

Andowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Afista

Loremaster

I toured a home that had 3 treehouses placed. They used rugs in the decor for most of the rooms that kept it solid. I did fall through one area that didn't have a rug though : /

You'd think for 800SC they'd be giving us a product that isn't so broken. Granted, it's cute! but still...

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
romancediva

Loremaster

I have mine placed so it's pretty much ON the ground and haven't had any fall-through issues. *knock on wood*

Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Keroywn

Loremaster

Thanks all, I'll try moving them again /sigh.  Worst part is that one of the fall-throughs isn't even sunk.

Keroywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Shadeyblades
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Viking Funeral

Loremaster

I'm gonna hold off buying this till it's sorted.

Shadeyblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Sphiriah

Loremaster

I haven't even come across this issue yet because I've been unable to even get to the top of the treehouse.

There seriously needs to be a built-in way to get to the top. How hard would it be to right click the tree and have it port you to the top?

I haven't gotten around to creating a feasable way to make a staircase that 1. Fits the look of the treehouse, and 2. Doesn't take up 50 items. And I don't have any teleporters because we can't get them except from the occasional world event.

Teleporters are bascially a necessity these days for any decorator.

Step it up, SOE.

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

If you can use the layout editor, you can pitch the two story halfling ladder and make it work as a ramp, or use dividers as a ramp. Takes far less item count.

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Raferty

Guardian

Said it before, and I'll say it again: hiring a decorator to make you a house rather than selling prefab ones in the marketplace will be cheaper and look nicer.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #10
Perrigrin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Shire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you can use the layout editor, you can pitch the two story halfling ladder and make it work as a ramp, or use dividers as a ramp. Takes far less item count.

I just did this in my Halpint Delight home I'm working on, and it worked like a charm. Having just downloaded the editor yesterday, I'm still learning the basics, but I changed the pitch of the ladders by 45, and had it connect to a hand build bridge going into the fence opening of the little houses.

Perrigrin Tinkertock
92 Gnome Swashbuckler

Taeryyn Laethelyyn
92 High Elf Illusionist
Perrigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Lillaanya

Loremaster

Personally, I really like the treehouse too, and I also found if you just nudge it around a bit you will find a spot where it works just fine.  I sunk mine a bit and used a couple sets of the rickety stage stairs to get up to it.  House is not finished yet, but it is at Kayanne's vale of halpint delight on AB if you're curious

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
Afista

Loremaster

Back on topic though! It does seem really odd. I visited a couple of treehouses that didn't appear to have any reinforcement to their floors and it was solid still. Why is it that the floor will only give out under random circumstances? Sometimes it's at full height, sometimes it's sunken, and sometimes people say when they have it turned a certain way.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Anaogi
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Spellbound

Loremaster

Raferty wrote:

Said it before, and I'll say it again: hiring a decorator to make you a house rather than selling prefab ones in the marketplace will be cheaper and look nicer.

So, no love for the double-wide I have on the drawing board then...

Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #14
quiarrah

Loremaster

I sunk mine in the water a bit with stairs going up to it.

It will be on the Leaderboards on Splitpaw after the August city festival under Jasmyntea's Halfpint Delight house

Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
Atmu

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

Back on topic though! It does seem really odd. I visited a couple of treehouses that didn't appear to have any reinforcement to their floors and it was solid still. Why is it that the floor will only give out under random circumstances? Sometimes it's at full height, sometimes it's sunken, and sometimes people say when they have it turned a certain way.

I agree with Afista. It seems odd that sometimes you fall through or maybe only some people fall through. So far with all that I have visited  I had no problem at all. Can we conduct an analysis  what may cause this problem?

Greetings Mu!

Atmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
screenid

Loremaster

I have not had any issues with my treehouse - Freeport server " A druid's sanctuary ". TT island luckily I had ports so I could place it at full height.... Not sure why they did not offer a lift to go with the treehouse. Still love having it on my island SMILEY

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote