EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #421
Tommara

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 301
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Elomort wrote::

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Whatever!  I raid on my main and I was there doing beer runs with the rest of you, so utterly wrong about raiders not helping advance it.  Some of us did help and yeah, GD1  did get the mob respawned for us at 15% after it despawned.  And with the spell lag in GD1.. being a raider with 210+ crit mit and unable to cure the detriment due to spell lag, means I died just as much as everyone else..well.. maybe not...  but I did die numerous times due to being unable to cure

My apologies.  I should have said "the people who sat and waited."

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 AM   #422
Tommara

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 301
Default

Morghus wrote:

Why should they? They are on the merchant for 25 tokens.

Because they screwed it up.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #423
Morghus

Loremaster
Morghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,105
Default

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Why should they? They are on the merchant for 25 tokens.

Because they screwed it up.

The devs have better things to do than refunding people one by one for what is worth 50 tokens. It's like asking the president to one by one give hundreds of people a penny for screwing something up. It wastes everybody's time.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #424
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

Morghus wrote:

And the whole server, including me obviously has the freedom to kill it. I don't see why I should demand a reward in that case if I failed.

It's a one-time world event that most players feel everyone should get to participate in and get the rewards from. If the hard mode raiders want their raids with the +200 stat gear or whatever it is, fine. They have that, they beat the raid bosses, and they deserve the rewards the rest of us will never see. But if they fail, they can try again tomorrow. If we fail at this event, someone else gets it, and the rest of us miss out - that's not what a world event is supposed to be.

This event has been nothing but an absolute mess from the beginning. And the vocal players come in two groups: the ones who did the event, put all the work in to spawn the final mob, and then failed not because they couldn't beat the mob if they tried again, but because the event was so buggy that there was no guarantee another try would even happen without SOE intervention; and the handful of hardcore raiders who have the attitude of "the rest of you suck". From a customer service perspective, SOE would much rather keep that first group happy and write this event off as "everybody who was there gets the rewards as a one-time bonus".

Normally I'd agree - fail a raid, miss out on the rewards. But this event is different, because of the bugginess. If this was "I never raid, but give me the reward from , because I don't raid", then that's silly. But this is a fluff event. Let it go, people. Let it go.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #425
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

Morghus wrote:

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them. Besides, not much point to zerg a mob with consume soul.

But only the raid that killed it gets the quest credit, and that's one time only.

And those 99% of us who aren't hard mode raiders have no idea what consume soul is. Or how to debuff it. Plus, with all the combat spam and everyone running on extreme performance, it's not that easy to see what the mob's doing. If you can even see it, since it kept going invisible.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #426
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them.

I agree.  I don't understand what all the crying is about over the devs giving people credit who participated in the event.

Participating is not the same as completing. The mob seemed to be designed to despawn if inactive long enough so that they don't "camp" the area, and to despawn once the event was completed to possibly prevent double dipping across different instances.

No, the mob despawned in all instances when one instance killed it. EW didn't work that way - we tried going to EW3 after killing it in EW1, and you couldn't get the quest again. So that eliminates the double dipping on the tokens. [Removed for Content] was just bugged.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:48 AM   #427
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Elomort wrote::

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Whatever!  I raid on my main and I was there doing beer runs with the rest of you, so utterly wrong about raiders not helping advance it.  Some of us did help and yeah, GD1  did get the mob respawned for us at 15% after it despawned.  And with the spell lag in GD1.. being a raider with 210+ crit mit and unable to cure the detriment due to spell lag, means I died just as much as everyone else..well.. maybe not...  but I did die numerous times due to being unable to cure

By "raiders", he meant "hardcore raiders who do nothing but look down upon non-hardcore raiders and think they're worthless excuses for human beings because they choose not to raid (which must mean they suck at it)". That's not you. SMILEY

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #428
Morghus

Loremaster
Morghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,105
Default

Consume soul is the mechanic where once the mob drops to below 45% health it heals 4% or so every time a player dies directly to them.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #429
Morghus

Loremaster
Morghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,105
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Elomort wrote::

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Whatever!  I raid on my main and I was there doing beer runs with the rest of you, so utterly wrong about raiders not helping advance it.  Some of us did help and yeah, GD1  did get the mob respawned for us at 15% after it despawned.  And with the spell lag in GD1.. being a raider with 210+ crit mit and unable to cure the detriment due to spell lag, means I died just as much as everyone else..well.. maybe not...  but I did die numerous times due to being unable to cure

By "raiders", he meant "hardcore raiders who do nothing but look down upon non-hardcore raiders and think they're worthless excuses for human beings because they choose not to raid (which must mean they suck at it)". That's not you.

That is a stereotype that, although not entirely inaccurate is still subject to being wrong when used to broadly label people.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #430
Amarillan
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blessed Vagabonds
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Amarillan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 38
Default

I can see both sides of the argument in truth, but to be honest..  does it REALLY matter that they got credit?  As Lera has said, this is not a EM or HM raid mob in an instance, where you can perfect your strat over and over again and have the mob on farm status.  This is a ONE TIME ((out of the HM instance))  mob that the entire server can get to see and experience.  I admit.. it was..  mind blowing lagging, lagging and then suddenly seeing me and a small group of people surrounded by corpses.  But I digress...  I should have taken a screenshot, but knowing me I would have lagged too much and been dead myself before it was taken.

I fail to see the harm in giving everyone present that participated getting the credit.. they were there, they died and seeing as most of the server does not raid, I think they did a pretty good job with the gear they had.  It certainly does not effect me in ANY WAY  that they got quest credit.. unless you count the incessent whining in channel about the fact they did.  Seriously, are people's ego's so fricking huge and are people so selfish and self centered that a little generousity, especially when it is a one time mob and does not count towards raid progression, cannot be given.

I guess I just do not care enough to deny other people a one time quest reward when a mob had the misfortune to despawn *Shrugs*

Amarillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:14 AM   #431
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

Morghus wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Elomort wrote::

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Whatever!  I raid on my main and I was there doing beer runs with the rest of you, so utterly wrong about raiders not helping advance it.  Some of us did help and yeah, GD1  did get the mob respawned for us at 15% after it despawned.  And with the spell lag in GD1.. being a raider with 210+ crit mit and unable to cure the detriment due to spell lag, means I died just as much as everyone else..well.. maybe not...  but I did die numerous times due to being unable to cure

By "raiders", he meant "hardcore raiders who do nothing but look down upon non-hardcore raiders and think they're worthless excuses for human beings because they choose not to raid (which must mean they suck at it)". That's not you.

That is a stereotype that, although not entirely inaccurate is still subject to being wrong when used to broadly label people.

You misunderstand... I didn't mean that all raiders are like that, but that he meant only those raiders who are like that. And there are some.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #432
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Seriously, are people's ego's so fricking huge and are people so selfish and self centered that a little generousity, especially when it is a one time mob and does not count towards raid progression, cannot be given.

Sadly, yes, they are. And EQ2 would be much better off if they chose to go elsewhere.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #433
Morghus

Loremaster
Morghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,105
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I can see both sides of the argument in truth, but to be honest..  does it REALLY matter that they got credit?  As Lera has said, this is not a EM or HM raid mob in an instance, where you can perfect your strat over and over again and have the mob on farm status.  This is a ONE TIME ((out of the HM instance))  mob that the entire server can get to see and experience.  I admit.. it was..  mind blowing lagging, lagging and then suddenly seeing me and a small group of people surrounded by corpses.  But I digress...  I should have taken a screenshot, but knowing me I would have lagged too much and been dead myself before it was taken.

I fail to see the harm in giving everyone present that participated getting the credit.. they were there, they died and seeing as most of the server does not raid, I think they did a pretty good job with the gear they had.  It certainly does not effect me in ANY WAY  that they got quest credit.. unless you count the incessent whining in channel about the fact they did.  Seriously, are people's ego's so fricking huge and are people so selfish and self centered that a little generousity, especially when it is a one time mob and does not count towards raid progression, cannot be given.

I guess I just do not care enough to deny other people a one time quest reward when a mob had the misfortune to despawn *Shrugs*

I suppose there is not much point in them not doing so now, as the damage has already been done. Gninja already made the mistake of reimbursing even one person, and as such should the issue crop up across any other server that has yet to experience that event, they will all collectively demand the same treatment. And they will be obliged to deliver it, taking away working time they should be spending on creating more buggy content.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 AM   #434
Lera

Loremaster
Lera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 661
Default

Morghus wrote:

I suppose there is not much point in them not doing so now, as the damage has already been done. Gninja already made the mistake of reimbursing even one person, and as such should the issue crop up across any other server that has yet to experience that event, they will all collectively demand the same treatment. And they will be obliged to deliver it, taking away working time they should be spending on creating more buggy content.

The alternative is Gninja spending time on the forum explaining to a very angry playerbase why they're not getting any rewards, along with the time of the GMs and customer service people, and the lost income from those who quit because of the bugs. So I'd say it's time well spent. More likely, it's taking time away that he'd otherwise be spending away from work.

__________________
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #435
Tommara

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 301
Default

Morghus wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I can see both sides of the argument in truth, but to be honest..  does it REALLY matter that they got credit?  As Lera has said, this is not a EM or HM raid mob in an instance, where you can perfect your strat over and over again and have the mob on farm status.  This is a ONE TIME ((out of the HM instance))  mob that the entire server can get to see and experience.  I admit.. it was..  mind blowing lagging, lagging and then suddenly seeing me and a small group of people surrounded by corpses.  But I digress...  I should have taken a screenshot, but knowing me I would have lagged too much and been dead myself before it was taken.

I fail to see the harm in giving everyone present that participated getting the credit.. they were there, they died and seeing as most of the server does not raid, I think they did a pretty good job with the gear they had.  It certainly does not effect me in ANY WAY  that they got quest credit.. unless you count the incessent whining in channel about the fact they did.  Seriously, are people's ego's so fricking huge and are people so selfish and self centered that a little generousity, especially when it is a one time mob and does not count towards raid progression, cannot be given.

I guess I just do not care enough to deny other people a one time quest reward when a mob had the misfortune to despawn *Shrugs*

I suppose there is not much point in them not doing so now, as the damage has already been done. Gninja already made the mistake of reimbursing even one person, and as such should the issue crop up across any other server that has yet to experience that event, they will all collectively demand the same treatment. And they will be obliged to deliver it, taking away working time they should be spending on creating more buggy content.

This IS the buggy content that they need to fix.

Personally, I'll be happy if they never do this again.

Edited note:  Make a public effort that triggers a quest that only raiders can complete.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #436
Hamervelder

Loremaster
Hamervelder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,585
Default

For those of you (such as Gaige) who keep saying that people failed, I've gotten a reply back from a GM on the matter.  It had nothing to do with people failing.  It had to do with the event turning off, and anyone who hadn't killed the mob by then, did not get to kill it.  The event may have been pre-scripted to turn off at that time, or it may have been a case of all instances of [Removed for Content] despawning, when the first one killed it.  Here's what the GM had to say:

"I'm sorry to see that you had some trouble with these events! The Dragon Ring event ended at about 5 PM PST on the Antonia Bayle server, so that's why your boss despawned on you. Our developers are going to be doing a review of who got credit and who didn't, and letting us know how we can help at this point. For the moment, I'm going to put your petition into a holding state with my manager, and we'll be contacting you again when we know more. It will be at least Monday before we'll be able to respond, so apologies for the delay.Thanks in advance for your patience in this situation, and if you have any questions for us in the meantime, let us know!GM EuronymaEverQuest IISony Online Entertainment"

__________________
Elhonas

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #437
Iren
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Celestial Knights
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Iren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 98
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

For those of you (such as Gaige) who keep saying that people failed, I've gotten a reply back from a GM on the matter.  It had nothing to do with people failing.  It had to do with the event turning off, and anyone who hadn't killed the mob by then, did not get to kill it.  The event may have been pre-scripted to turn off at that time, or it may have been a case of all instances of [Removed for Content] despawning, when the first one killed it.  Here's what the GM had to say:

"I'm sorry to see that you had some trouble with these events! The Dragon Ring event ended at about 5 PM PST on the Antonia Bayle server, so that's why your boss despawned on you. Our developers are going to be doing a review of who got credit and who didn't, and letting us know how we can help at this point. For the moment, I'm going to put your petition into a holding state with my manager, and we'll be contacting you again when we know more. It will be at least Monday before we'll be able to respond, so apologies for the delay.Thanks in advance for your patience in this situation, and if you have any questions for us in the meantime, let us know!GM EuronymaEverQuest IISony Online Entertainment"

While i know AB is an american server , it also houses ALOT fo european players, 5pst is 3 in the morning for them , not only that but it despawned roughly 20-30 mins after it started

__________________
Iren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #438
Filly67

Loremaster
Filly67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 518
Default

I am confused by the posts that have happened since Unrest completed the Spire event around midnight last night est.  I was in EW3, avoiding EW1 because the next to the last event had so many people in it that we crashed.  Yes, we had raiders in EW3 but me and both of my husband's toons had plenty of time to participate and get in multiple attacks with our Guardian, Warden and Necro.  I welcomed the raiders since they ran a good fight but I know that we helped too.  I believe that it went without a hitch and we all updated our quests at the end.  I didn't see anything in the contrary in chat.

I don't believe that we received Dev assistance and overall the last part of the event went much more smoothly then the entire process up to that point.  Since we had been participating since 8am that morning I felt that we helped as much as any raider.  I can't fault Unrest players, raiders, casual, and such there was a lot of participation.  Good team effort.

I am sorry that many didn't get that experience and I agree being able to buy the items later does not completely make up for it.  What about the 500 tokens?  I thought it was strange that you should be able to buy items like the title if you didn't participate in the last kill but clearly I can see now that there is a need for it.

__________________
Filly67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #439
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

But this is a fluff event. Let it go, people. Let it go.

Right.  Its a fluff event with these amazing rewards on the merchant for a measely 50 tokens.   Explain to me why that was worth Gninja sitting in [Removed for Content] forming raids with the people who failed to kill Kreegar and autocompleting the quest for them? All of that time spent on a fluff event with rewards that were for sale on a vendor?

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

And those 99% of us who aren't hard mode raiders have no idea what consume soul is. 

The debuffs are from a x2 zone and are used in easy mode raids as well, so I find it hard to believe that out of a 1000+ players in GD1 there wasn't two fighters that had the debuff~

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

No, the mob despawned in all instances when one instance killed it

Please don't spread false information.  GD5 killed it in about ~3:48 and then GD6 killed it after that.  So it didn't despawn in all instances when we killed it, that isn't true.

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

For those of you (such as Gaige) who keep saying that people failed, I've gotten a reply back from a GM on the matter.

GMs are customer service, not development.  I know it worked as intended because I was there.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #440
Maroger

Loremaster
Maroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,313
Default

Gaige wrote:

Tommara wrote:

I agree.  I don't understand what all the crying is about over the devs giving people credit who participated in the event.

So if I do half of the shawl quest and then decide its too hard for me because I'm only a casual crafter, will SOE then auto complete the quest for me so I can get the reward?

Don't fee the troll

-1

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #441
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Maroger wrote:

Don't fee the troll

How is that trolling?  It is an honest question.  Is SOE now going to autocomplete quests for all players who run into content that is too difficult for them to defeat?

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #442
deadcrickets2

Loremaster
deadcrickets2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 707
Default

Gaige wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

I remember the original griffin tower events having raiding guilds ninja taking epic mobs just to get credit.

It wasn't griffon towers, it was the original KoS spires pre expansion launch.

Happened on the griffon towers as well.  If you will remember there were epics that would spawn by the uncompleted towers in Nektulos and Thundering Steppes.  Oh, I'm sorry.  You are a newer player so you might not remember.

__________________
Find me on Steam, Skype and Raptr: tigerglebe

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #443
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Happened on the griffon towers as well.  If you will remember there were epics that would spawn by the uncompleted towers in Nektulos and Thundering Steppes.  Oh, I'm sorry.  You are a newer player so you might not remember.

That didn't happen with the griffon towers at all.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #444
Wilin

Loremaster
Wilin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,151
Default

The mobs don't lock to a particular raid. So, anyone present and doing something should get the quest update much like a PQ. If you don't have a HM capable raid force present, then you're just [Removed for Content]. But, every server should have a handful and everyone else can hopefully contribute and get updates without having to actually "raid" the HM encounter.

__________________
Wilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #445
deadcrickets2

Loremaster
deadcrickets2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 707
Default

Gaige wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Happened on the griffon towers as well.  If you will remember there were epics that would spawn by the uncompleted towers in Nektulos and Thundering Steppes.  Oh, I'm sorry.  You are a newer player so you might not remember.

That didn't happen with the griffon towers at all.

Yes, it did.

__________________
Find me on Steam, Skype and Raptr: tigerglebe

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #446
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Yes, it did.

You're wrong, that is all there is too it.  The first "contested epic" world event was the rebuilding of the KoS spires because I distinctly remember stealing every dragon and the huge threads and crazy drama it created.

The griffon towers were a largely solo event.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #447
deadcrickets2

Loremaster
deadcrickets2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 707
Default

Gaige wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Yes, it did.

You're wrong, that is all there is too it.  The first "contested epic" world event was the rebuilding of the KoS spires because I distinctly remember stealing every dragon and the huge threads and crazy drama it created.

The griffon towers were a largely solo event.

They were not a solo event.  It was a WORLD event that required folks to do crafting.  At some point an epic spawned in both TS and NK.  Same like it did with the Spire events that came a little later.

__________________
Find me on Steam, Skype and Raptr: tigerglebe

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #448
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

deadcrickets2 wrote:

They were not a solo event.  It was a WORLD event that required folks to do crafting.  At some point an epic spawned in both TS and NK.  Same like it did with the Spire events that came a little later.

Whatever you say boss man.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #449
slippery

Loremaster
slippery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,272
Default

There was no epic for the Griffon towers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the event requiring raiders to complete. That is by design, it is having all the playstyles on the server come together to complete something for the server. On AB it was killed in at least 3 of 9 [Removed for Content]'s. Why did it fail in others? Well, maybe if everyone didn't have this constant thought in their head that the only way I'll succeed is jamming as many people as I can in to GD1 so I don't really have to do anything to get credit but stand around.... If people would have spread out to more [Removed for Content]'s instead of GD1 I bet more would have been successful and had a lot better game performance while doing so. P.S. This wasn't the same Kreegar as the instance, he was definitely missing abilities.
__________________
Arabel/Iguards/Thristin/Islayx, Leader of Equilibrium on Antonia Bayle
slippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #450
Aviendra

Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Its nice that some folks got their quest completed for them even if they didn't finish the event.  According to what we were told on Freeport server, we didn't get completion rewards/credit on the EW1/2/3 kills that we did last week prior to the 'redo' on the events because "technically" we didn't complete it.  Nice to know freeport is so far below the live servers that we dont' even get the same consideration as other servers.

Aviendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.