EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #391
Maroger

Loremaster

I think they should plan these world events to last longer than a few hours on the weekend. They should at the very least be 4 day events,

Whatever the event is it should be doable by those who want to fight and there should be a part for those who don't like the fedex events.

The events should be such that they can be tweaked if they are going to fast to slow them done so as many as possible get a chance to participate.

They might be better put in instances so the whole zone doesn't crash and that way the population in the event can be controlled.

I am sure they learned a lot of the disaster that was this event.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #392
Felshades

Loremaster

So what's the dragon ring title?

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #393
kelesia

Loremaster

Yeah I gotta praise gninja for staying on for as long as he did manually updating people one by one.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #394
Alikari

Loremaster

oh i think he went above and beyond by staying on that long.. i know how long it was.. cause i was the last one sitting there.. and when i decided to send another tell cause i didnt want to bug him.. he was gone.. thats what sucked.. lol

Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #395
Filly67

Loremaster

Edit for other post

Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #396
Filly67

Loremaster

It worked, we got it.  After the first crash I thought we were done for but the event started to progress about 20 minutes later.  Don't know if a Dev was around pushing us through but if he or she was, then thank you.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #397
Tommara

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

There are plenty of x4 events that don't require the same gear you'd need for HM raiding.  I know, your precious little [Removed for Content] needs stroking, but it'll be all right.  It's hard for you to accept the fact that this event was bugged, but it was.

Bugged how?  Assumption imo.  EW was EM [Removed for Content] was HM.  What is wrong with having content for all playstyles?  Last I checked Kreegar died to raids in other GDs just fine on AB, so how was it bugged?

You guys failed on the content and a SOE dev updated your quests for you anyways.  Stuff like that shouldn't happen in a MMO.

I might have some sympathy for this point of view if you were the only one who triggered the event.

But you didn't.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #398
Felshades

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

There are plenty of x4 events that don't require the same gear you'd need for HM raiding.  I know, your precious little [Removed for Content] needs stroking, but it'll be all right.  It's hard for you to accept the fact that this event was bugged, but it was.

Bugged how?  Assumption imo.  EW was EM [Removed for Content] was HM.  What is wrong with having content for all playstyles?  Last I checked Kreegar died to raids in other GDs just fine on AB, so how was it bugged?

You guys failed on the content and a SOE dev updated your quests for you anyways.  Stuff like that shouldn't happen in a MMO.

I might have some sympathy for this point of view if you were the only one who triggered the event.

But you didn't.

Don't mind Gaige, he's just rude.

No one answered me though.. what is the title for the Dragon Ring?

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 AM   #399
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

But you didn't.

A point of view does not change facts. The fact is, people appear to have been reimbursed for something they had no claim to. It is no different from asking someone to spawn loot for something they did not kill.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #400
Elomort

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

Hi folks

The first servers have completed both events, congratulations!  And as you're aware, there were a number of unintended issues that occurred. We're sorry that this event didn't run as smoothly as we would have liked, and apologize for your understandable frustration.  We didn't want to postpone this anticipated event any further, especially as we had already planned another bonus event for next weekend (more details to come next week), but this did mean we weren't able to fix some bugs before they affected you.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, we're watching the events closely this weekend and will be meeting up on Monday to discuss the best way to address the issues that have come up.  We won't have full details to share until we've had that discussion; however, we are definitely aware that a number of people did not get to update some of the quests, and we want to reassure you that we'll be doing everything we can to ensure that nobody who participated misses out on those updates.  

We'll also be discussing the other issues that posters in this thread (and elsewhere) have raised, including mounts, merchant items, and whether ongoing quests will continue in the areas.  In the mean time I wanted to reassure you that we're aware of your concerns, are paying close attention to the event this weekend, and will give you an update next week once we have decided the best way to address them.

In the mean time, thank you for participating in the event, and for all the helpful feedback which has helped us to identify the issues we need to talk about. 

You really messed this up SOE.

It was bad enough that the General had to shout out "Attack in 10 minutes" then 5 minutes later "Attack in 5 minutes" with the epics spawning on that warning... catching everyone unaware (5 minute warning when they spawn? really?) but then making it so that no-one but raiders could stand up to it in the speedkill needed before they despawned?

Most people on our server missed out when the boss despawned and will now carry that quest around forever unfinished.

This has to go down as the worst event in SOE history. Just one botch after another.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 AM   #401
Tommara

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

But you didn't.

A point of view does not change facts. The fact is, people appear to have been reimbursed for something they had no claim to. It is no different from asking someone to spawn loot for something they did not kill.

And the fact is - you didn't spawn the mob, the whole server did.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #402
Elomort

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

But you didn't.

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

I feel real sorry for all those guys, 50% of our server in fact. Yes, most 90s also got screwed out of a chance of loot when the final mob despawned while we were fighting it but those people who spent hours running back and forwards so we would even see the mess SOE created get nothing due to SOEs bad event design.

From what I've heard previous druid ring events were quite decently done - how did this one get so badly out of hand?

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #403
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

DominoDev wrote:

Hi folks

The first servers have completed both events, congratulations!  And as you're aware, there were a number of unintended issues that occurred. We're sorry that this event didn't run as smoothly as we would have liked, and apologize for your understandable frustration.  We didn't want to postpone this anticipated event any further, especially as we had already planned another bonus event for next weekend (more details to come next week), but this did mean we weren't able to fix some bugs before they affected you.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, we're watching the events closely this weekend and will be meeting up on Monday to discuss the best way to address the issues that have come up.  We won't have full details to share until we've had that discussion; however, we are definitely aware that a number of people did not get to update some of the quests, and we want to reassure you that we'll be doing everything we can to ensure that nobody who participated misses out on those updates.  

We'll also be discussing the other issues that posters in this thread (and elsewhere) have raised, including mounts, merchant items, and whether ongoing quests will continue in the areas.  In the mean time I wanted to reassure you that we're aware of your concerns, are paying close attention to the event this weekend, and will give you an update next week once we have decided the best way to address them.

In the mean time, thank you for participating in the event, and for all the helpful feedback which has helped us to identify the issues we need to talk about. 

You really messed this up SOE.

It was bad enough that the General had to shout out "Attack in 10 minutes" then 5 minutes later "Attack in 5 minutes" with the epics spawning on that warning... catching everyone unaware (5 minute warning when they spawn? really?) but then making it so that no-one but raiders could stand up to it in the speedkill needed before they despawned?

Most people on our server missed out when the boss despawned and will now carry that quest around forever unfinished.

This has to go down as the worst event in SOE history. Just one botch after another.

I'm not sure about the worst per se.  I remember the original griffin tower events having raiding guilds ninja taking epic mobs just to get credit.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #404
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

But you didn't.

And the whole server, including me obviously has the freedom to kill it. I don't see why I should demand a reward in that case if I failed.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #405
Elomort

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Gaige wrote:

But you didn't.

And the whole server, including me obviously has the freedom to kill it. I don't see why I should demand a reward in that case if I failed.

You know, if you are fighting a raid boss and you wipe it's your fault and you shouldn't get the loot. But when you are fighting a raid boss and he despawns in front of your eyes... you need to wonder what SOE are doing.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #406
Tommara

Loremaster

Elomort wrote::

Agreed, in fact MOST of the spawning was done by those low level toons running back and forwards to Thurgadin and having to plead with idiots to not stand on top of the the questgiver while they clicked the crystal over and over.

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #407
Elomort

Loremaster

Gninja came of his OWN ACCORD, and on his OWN respawned the named down to 15%.  No one begged him.  It was a nice gesture IMO

You are kidding? He respawned your mob at 15%?

And then what about the other servers who the mob poofed on?

Geeze.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #408
Tommara

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Um, no, that's the point.  We didn't have the freedom to kill it.  Only those who had raided a lot could kill it.  We should have been able to zerg it, in as much time as it took for us to zerg the progress to the point that the mob was spawned.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #409
Gaige

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

I remember the original griffin tower events having raiding guilds ninja taking epic mobs just to get credit.

It wasn't griffon towers, it was the original KoS spires pre expansion launch.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #410
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Um, no, that's the point.  We didn't have the freedom to kill it.  Only those who had raided a lot could kill it.  We should have been able to zerg it, in as much time as it took for us to zerg the progress to the point that the mob was spawned.

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them. Besides, not much point to zerg a mob with consume soul.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #411
Tommara

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them.

I agree.  I don't understand what all the crying is about over the devs giving people credit who participated in the event.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #412
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them.

I agree.  I don't understand what all the crying is about over the devs giving people credit who participated in the event.

Participating is not the same as completing. The mob seemed to be designed to despawn if inactive long enough so that they don't "camp" the area, and to despawn once the event was completed to possibly prevent double dipping across different instances.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #413
Gaige

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

So if I do half of the shawl quest and then decide its too hard for me because I'm only a casual crafter, will SOE then auto complete the quest for me so I can get the reward?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #414
Tommara

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

I still don't see the point to all this crying. This isn't like the original spire event where only the raid that actually locked and killed it got the title and reward. Anybody can go to the merchant and buy them. Besides, not much point to zerg a mob with consume soul.

Heh, you edited your post after I posted.  But it supports my point even better now!

The event should not have been designed such that it could not have been completed by the people who spawned the event.  That includes all the low levels who did all the grunt work to get the progress to the point while the raiders sat and waited then snatched the rewards.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #415
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Heh, you edited your post after I posted.  But it supports my point even better now!

The event should not have been designed such that it could not have been completed by the people who spawned the event.  That includes all the low levels who did all the grunt work to get the progress to the point while the raiders sat and waited then snatched the rewards.

There is no reward to snatch, since all the items are on the merchant, including the ones you get for the kill.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #416
Tommara

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Tommara wrote:

So if I do half of the shawl quest and then decide its too hard for me because I'm only a casual crafter, will SOE then auto complete the quest for me so I can get the reward?

No.  You didn't get to the point of being able to do the shawl quest based upon the work of others.  You have plenty of opportunity to complete the shawl quest whenever you want. 

Unlike this situation, where you only got the opportunity to complete a quest because other people did the grunt work for you. And had a 15 minute time limit to figure out how to do it.  Which wasn't listed.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 AM   #417
Amarillan
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blessed Vagabonds

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Elomort wrote::

LOL, yeah.  While the raiders sat and waited.

Whatever!  I raid on my main and I was there doing beer runs with the rest of you, so utterly wrong about raiders not helping advance it.  Some of us did help and yeah, GD1  did get the mob respawned for us at 15% after it despawned.  And with the spell lag in GD1.. being a raider with 210+ crit mit and unable to cure the detriment due to spell lag, means I died just as much as everyone else..well.. maybe not...  but I did die numerous times due to being unable to cure

Amarillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 AM   #418
Lera

Loremaster

Gaige you are being rude. You are rude in chat, and you are rude here.  A world event, by definition, should be easy enough that everyone can complete it, and it should last longer than  a day.  It's a shame that you feel that your fellow servermates are losers, because really, they aren't and if you feel that way, maybe you should leave and goto a non-rp server - one where you are surrounded by people that feel the same way you do.

Please don't feed the trolls. It's best to ignore his posts.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #419
Tommara

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

There is no reward to snatch, since all the items are on the merchant, including the ones you get for the kill.

Oh, OK then!  Then there is no problem with the devs giving folks who participated the rewards?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #420
Morghus

Loremaster

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Tommara wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Oh, OK then!  Then there is no problem with the devs giving folks who participated the rewards?

Why should they? They are on the merchant for 25 tokens.