EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Tommara

Loremaster

I (level 35 mystic) was in a group last night (50-something mentored swashy, 30 coercer) who wanted to do Obelisk of Lost Souls (40+ mobs).  To my surprise, no attempt was made to find a tank, the swashy said I could do it.  It didn't go well at all, but I'm only about 3 weeks old.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Brook

Tester

Don't listen to a Swashy.

If anything he should have been the one trying to tank it.

But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Banditman

Loremaster

Brook wrote:

Don't listen to a Swashy.

If anything he should have been the one trying to tank it.

This.

Rogues (Swash / Brig) have an actual defensive stance.  You don't.  Rogues have an actual taunt.  You don't.

At L35, maybe it's understandable not to know these things, but the Swash should have known and taken the initiative to let everyone else know.  Most likely, he was not confident of his own ability, and thus instead of taking a chance on his own, he chose instead to let someone else without the proper tools try and fail so he couldn't be blamed.

In 5 more levels, with a tank, OOLS will be a GREAT place for you to level.  Numerous names and very few people actually go there.  The downside is that it's a somewhat confusing place to get around in, and there are certain areas that you'll have to complete quests to see.

Nevertheless, OOLS is one of my favorite zones in that range.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Tommara

Loremaster

Whew,  that's a relief, thanks!

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote