EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
fearthisjuggalo

Lorekeeper

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but since I'm still rather new here goes...

I was able to get the 22 MC leather set for my monk by doing a lot of harvesting. Sadly, I'm level 41 and still wearing the 22 MC. My tailoring has lagged behind quite a bit(level 34) and I'm wondering if it's worth the $ to buy the 42 MC set off the Broker. I priced it out and it'll cost me 3p 19g 96s as of this morning. I have 3p 53g atm so it'll definately cut into my funds. I've been questing in Steamfont and The Feerrott(sp?) and have yet to see any leather armor drops.

edit:spelling

fearthisjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
stargazer5678

Loremaster

First, check the regular Handcrafted level 40 gear. It will be a good improvement and less money. A lot less. I actually wouldn't bother with MC gear at all, except may be for rings. At higher levels it's easy to get legendary gear that will be better than MC.

And don't worry it's natural that your tailoring is lagging behing.

stargazer5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Deathheart
Server: Guk
Guild: Bellum Aeternus

Loremaster

also if your part of a guild ask about someone making it for you. If your solo your going to be stuck in what you can find but there isn't a great reason to worry at 40s about it as the levels pass quick

Deathheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
fearthisjuggalo

Lorekeeper

I am in a guild, a good one, but I always feel bad asking for help. So I don't. I'll ask questions(probably too many lol) but never ask for help that takes away from their play time.

fearthisjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Honestly, you can probably level your harvesting and get enough rare leather harvested to make your next set of gear pretty fast.

I would recommend checking the broker for some handy harvesting tools to help you. I have a good list to get you started in an older post.

I also suggest going to the docks in Nektulos Forest, and take the bell from there to the Isle of Mara. Up the hill by the village is a boy swimming in a pond. Hail him to start the Gathering Obsession quests -- that will net you some pretty sweet cash while you level up harvesting, and at the end of the questline you get the spiffy Cloak of the Harvester.

Most crafters are happy to craft for you if you provide the rares and the cost of the fuel, plus a tip. I usually tip at least as much as the fuel cost, and actually a bit more if I can afford it.