EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 04:52 AM   #211
LygerT

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
don't ask me why one couldn't. i offtank in leather and still can't outparse and barely out aggro our monk.

Just because you wear 1 leather piece of armor is meaningless.

Your avoidence is still higher then the so called "avoidece tank" against epic encounters and every other slot you have if full of plate, making your mit still substantially higher.

That is my problem with the raid tanking work in epic encounters, contested avoidence, is complete crap.

Why is it that the number one tanking attribute for brawlers is contested, but mitigation is not?

Its complete crap imo and wholely unbalancing.

i haven't worn my gi for a little while, so either you know me or i have a stalker?
LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #212
Windowlicker

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
i haven't worn my gi for a little while, so either you know me or i have a stalker?
Lyger's milkshake brings all the brawlers to the yard

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Windowlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #213
Windowlicker

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:

I prefer to remain annon, but trust me my gear is good enough to tank all the instances in the game save RE2 with a single compentent healer.

Well, after about 2 seconds of searching I found this:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=421068So as of 06/17/2008, your main character was level 71. (Or lower!)  How much raiding have you really done?  Let's assume it took you at least a week or two to hit 80 after that.You've been raiding for a month?  Maybe a month and half at most?  Your also in a casual raiding guild, which means that at most you've been to 4 to 8 raids total.There's no way your gear is where it should be to compare yourself to the average Brawler.  Your not the average Brawler, your new.I would suggest you consult some of the vetran brawlers as to how to handle your class.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #214
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:

I prefer to remain annon, but trust me my gear is good enough to tank all the instances in the game save RE2 with a single compentent healer.

Well, after about 2 seconds of searching I found this:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=421068So as of 06/17/2008, your main character was level 71. (Or lower!)  How much raiding have you really done?  Let's assume it took you at least a week or two to hit 80 after that.You've been raiding for a month?  Maybe a month and half at most?  Your also in a casual raiding guild, which means that at most you've been to 4 to 8 raids total.There's no way your gear is where it should be to compare yourself to the average Brawler.  Your not the average Brawler, your new.I would suggest you consult some of the vetran brawlers as to how to handle your class.

ROFL

PWNED

wow..

WOW..

RanmaBoyType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #215
Noaani

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I would suggest you consult some of the vetran brawlers as to how to handle your class.
I am half expecting Evilgamer to retort to this with how he is a "scholar" on the brawler class, and how he has read so much about brawlers that he knew more about them before he had rolled one than NPUs brawler that has been raiding since T5.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #216
evilgamer

Seer

simpwrx02 wrote:
When did I post anythign that was off of topic, all of my posts have been about brawlers in general in fact when I mention the ability of one of the subclasses I would normally mention the similiar ability of the other.   

All the trips into comparing monks vs bruisers have been started by you,

Hardly, I just pointed the few times were you incorrectly assumed that bruisers and monks had the same abilities. 

maybee you replied so many times you have forgotten what you posted.  As soon as someone posted an ability that brawlers have you were quick to state that it was monks that had it or that the monk version was better or somethign else to say in a round about way woa is me the poor bruiser.

Nope, you stated that "x" brawler could do this or that, and I simply stated that it was not true.  Dont blame if you dont know the difference between monk/bruiser.

evilgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #217
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:

Well, after about 2 seconds of searching I found this:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=421068So as of 06/17/2008, your main character was level 71. (Or lower!)  How much raiding have you really done?  Let's assume it took you at least a week or two to hit 80 after that.

It was a week.You've been raiding for a month?  Maybe a month and half at most?  Your also in a casual raiding guild, which means that at most you've been to 4 to 8 raids total.

A month and a half.  I dont know exactly how many raids, but we generally raid 3 times a week, of course I didnt go to all of them

But I already said I had zero raid gear, so what was your point here besides to troll?There's no way your gear is where it should be to compare yourself to the average Brawler.  Your not the average Brawler, your new.

ROFL, what a joke.

My bruiser has more hps then your guard.  After I hit 80 I have basically ran all the instaces save RE2 everyday.

That is roughly 50 trips through, the crypt of agony, maidens, vaults, chelsith, generally being the only brawler in the group.

In addition to all the solo quest lines that give nice rewards like the two JW earing, the fens ring, the KJ ring and wrist item.

Lol, it took me about 3 week and I had bascially replaced all the 77 MC I had.

I am only missing some of the rarer fabled drops from the instances.

I would suggest you consult some of the vetran brawlers as to how to handle your class.

Ha, that is hilarious considering I am 4th on my server in hitpoints out of all bruisers.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #218
evilgamer

Seer

Noaani wrote:
evilgamer wrote:
I was not turning it into  a monk vs bruiser discusssion, just remind folks that monks and bruisers have different sets of tools to work with.

Also your monk has "issue", if he has trouble getting aggro off a bruiser on a single target.  Read up on the class abilities and this would become very obvious.

Brawlers are taken on raids for differing purposes. Sometimes they are taken for pure DPS + their raidwide buff,  sometimes they are taken to off tank adds, sometimes they are taken to tank named mobs, sometimes they are taken to do various misc. tasks.

Every single one of these jobs is important, and the raid as a whole will not be able to function without them happening. Most of these jobs are given to a brawler because they are the best at them in the game, but a few are given to a brawler because they are the only class able to do them in the game.

What you are asking is for brawlers to be given more tanking ability, on top of the various other jobs they already perform on raids. As has been said, there are mobs at every level in RoK raiding, from Pawbuster to avatars, that having a brawler makes things easier.

Every time somone in this thread points out a raid use for a brawler, you retort by saying that it is monks only. To this I have 2 things to say; first, monks are brawlers, if brawlers as a whole really was your concern, you would not make interjections pointing out the differances between them at all,

Yes, I do think the brusier raid wide sucks compared to the monk raidwide, but that has already been discussed at length on this forum.

This thread was about crappy brawler itemization and how contested avoidence on epic encounters completely changes the tanking mechanics that are the norm in 95% of the games heroic and solo content. 

and second, a bruiser can do anything on a raid that a monk can, some of them bruisers do better. The ONLY reason monks are commonly taken over bruisers is because of their raidwide buffs.

A fully raid geared bruiser is a better tank and better DPS than a fully raid geared monk, so your arguments intrying to seperate them, other than because of their raidwide buff, makes you look foolish and inexperianced.

No, you are the one who looks foolish and inexperienced claiming that bruisers are better tanks.  Monks are teh defensive brawler.  Nothing the bruiser has even compares to the tanking tool that tsunami is.

12 seconds of complete immunity to melee damage while still being able to taunt and attack.  Not to mention peel forces the mob to target for at least 10 seconds.

Yes bruisers get a similar clicky on the myth, but guess what, few bruiser even have their myth, in fact only 1 bruiser on my server has their myth and it was boughten.

If a monk can do it on a raid, a bruiser can do it as well.

Not really, but this isnt a monk vs bruiser thread.

As to tanking epics, if brawlers were made 'good enough to tank epics' (they already are, VP has been cleared with a brawler tanking, as has all instances below it),

Yeah one brawler with the best gear in the game cleared VP with the most elite guild in the game healing and dpsing with him.  Lol, yep thats is balance SMILEY 

then who would be the tank to pick things up when the tank does go down? Its not like you are going to take a guardian along to DPS and then pick up aggro if the brawler goes down.

Off tanking and second tanking are essential raid jobs that brawlers, both of them, do exceptionally well at. They do it well in their current state on live servers, and they do it every single day. They have spots on raids because of the fact that they can pick up the mob if the tank goes down, but they do very high DPS for a fighter while not tanking, a few thousand DPS above a non tanking guardian.

While you like to sit there complaining about the avoidance and DPS of a raid buffed guardian, you have yet to even see the survivability or DPS of a raid buffed brawler. Their survivability can be rediculously high, especially if they have their mythical, and their DPS puts most scouts to shame.

Um no, if the scout had a tank spec, he would actually have roughly same avoidence as the brawler against epic tagged mobs, and he would be wearing chain. A scout with a sheild in chain would actually have more surviablity because of a higher mit raiting due to chain.

A lol, if a brawler is beating your scouts on the parse, your scouts are doing something wrong.

Evilgamer, you are horrendiously miss-informed about brawlers on raids, and are unfortunatly not in a position to really see their usefulness for yourself. I suggest you take the word of the vast majority of players that respond to your posts, and accept that brawlers are ok they way they are, with the only possible change to them that is really warrented being bruisers raidwide buff.

As to your suggestion that there is only 1 bruiser mythical on your server, I would call you out and point out that every US server has at least 5, but since no one knows your character, you may well be playing on a russian of german server, and I have no idea what they have. My guild has 3 brawler mythicals, and we have not yet started even flagging alts for VP access, let alone mythical updates. 

Bruiser mythicals, not brawler.

My guild has quite a number of monk myths, but only 1 bruiser myth and it was boughten. 

You dont know what you are talking about, sorry.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #219
evilgamer

Seer

Noaani wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:
As soon as someone posted an ability that brawlers have you were quick to state that it was monks that had it or that the monk version was better or somethign else to say in a round about way woa is me the poor bruiser.
I don't think he realises he can just betray to a monk if he wants...

If I had wanted to play a monk I would have rolled a monk.

Zahne and lyger could have betrayed also.

Sorry if I dont immediately jump to the flavor of the month class, just so I secure myself a raid spot.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #220
simpwrx02

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:
When did I post anythign that was off of topic, all of my posts have been about brawlers in general in fact when I mention the ability of one of the subclasses I would normally mention the similiar ability of the other.   

Hardly, I just pointed the few times were you incorrectly assumed that bruisers and monks had the same abilities. 

maybee you replied so many times you have forgotten what you posted.  As soon as someone posted an ability that brawlers have you were quick to state that it was monks that had it or that the monk version was better or somethign else to say in a round about way woa is me the poor bruiser.

Nope, you stated that "x" brawler could do this or that, and I simply stated that it was not true.  Dont blame if you dont know the difference between monk/bruiser.

I stated that both brawlers can and do quickly get/maintain aggro when MT goes down if required, and they both have the most worthwhile avoidance buff to place on hte MT of all the fighters not really sure how these are untrue or only one of the brawlers are able to do this.

SO because a bruiser dosnt have peel that means he can't get aggro on a mob HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! !  

Both brawlers can and do pick up aggro almost instantly when required basing that skill on one CA shows your indept knowledge and expiernce, so I guess before RoK brawlers could never get aggro on a mob htey just sat there going woa is me.  Get a clue both brawlers have little issue picking up and maintaining aggro as they have the tools to do so, and I am not refering sololy to peel or drag those are just easy button short term aggro control, but I guess you base your play style on easy button mode.  I only use this as it was hte center of YOUR monk vs bruiser arguements, I personally find that both of them being equally skilled can pick up and maintain aggro without resorting to those, just because you need a crutch dosen't mean everyone else does. 

Do monks have a slight edge in instant aggro control, yes, do bruisers have any issues picking up and maintaing aggro, no. So Zahnes comments that both brawlers can quickly get aggro when the MT dies is completely true no matter how you try to twist it into bruisers dont have peel so they are the suck.  Personally I find player skill to be a more determining factor than a single ability.  Don't blame me if you don't understand your class and are unable to do what a monk can.

simpwrx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #221
simpwrx02

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:
Noaani wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:
As soon as someone posted an ability that brawlers have you were quick to state that it was monks that had it or that the monk version was better or somethign else to say in a round about way woa is me the poor bruiser.

Sorry if I dont immediately jump to the flavor of the month class, just so I secure myself a raid spot.

Wasn't the entire point of your last major tirade that bruisers are not wanted anywhere in any type of raid guild, but ooo look you hit 80 and started looking and it appears you located a raid guild rather quickly as everyone stated you would....
Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #222
evilgamer

Seer

simpwrx02 wrote:
evilgamer wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:

I stated that both brawlers can and do quickly get/maintain aggro when MT goes down if required, and they both have the most worthwhile avoidance buff to place on hte MT of all the fighters not really sure how these are untrue or only one of the brawlers are able to do this.

SO because a bruiser dosnt have peel that means he can't get aggro on a mob HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! !  

Strawman, I never said that.  But peel > anything a bruiser gets for getting aggro. Sorry but your trolling doesnt change that.

Both brawlers can and do pick up aggro almost instantly when required basing that skill on one CA shows your indept knowledge and expiernce, so I guess before RoK brawlers could never get aggro on a mob htey just sat there going woa is me. 

All fighters can smash rescue.  And please tell me how monks can force aggro without peel, I am dying to know. Why do you think the developers gave them peel in the first place?  Cause their snap aggro was so good already, rolf.  Get a clue.

Get a clue both brawlers have little issue picking up and maintaining aggro as they have the tools to do so, and I am not refering sololy to peel or drag those are just easy button short term aggro control, but I guess you base your play style on easy button mode.  I only use this as it was hte center of YOUR monk vs bruiser arguements, I personally find that both of them being equally skilled can pick up and maintain aggro without resorting to those, just because you need a crutch dosen't mean everyone else does. 

Please explain how since you obviously know so much about the brawler classes. I am dying to know.

Do monks have a slight edge in instant aggro control, yes, do bruisers have any issues picking up and maintaing aggro, no. 

I never said we cant get aggro, but 3 secs of drag and D & C are not as good as peel is, that is all I said. 

So Zahnes comments that both brawlers can quickly get aggro when the MT dies is completely true no matter how you try to twist it into bruisers dont have peel so they are the suck. 

Never said that so strawman.

Personally I find player skill to be a more determining factor than a single ability.  Don't blame me if you don't understand your class and are unable to do what a monk can.

I can force aggro with drag and D & C.  But its nowhere near what a monk can do, ever brawler with a clue knows this.

Peel is the reason so many brusiers betrayed to monk when RoK came out, it used to 90 seconds of forced aggro, from a ranged of 50 meters.  Two monk used to be able to completely trivialize certain encounters with  peel.

It has since been nerfed

However drag is only 3 secs, and D & C is between 4-8 secs, but with a vastly reduced range and D & C works like a spell so it cant be used on the move, like peel can, making it even less effective.

Never mind the longer duration of peel, the fact that it can be used on the move and from a range of 50 meters still makes it superior.  Especially with the huge hitbox of some raid mobs.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #223
evilgamer

Seer

simpwrx02 wrote:
evilgamer wrote:
Noaani wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:

Wasn't the entire point of your last major tirade that bruisers are not wanted anywhere in any type of raid guild, but ooo look you hit 80 and started looking and it appears you located a raid guild rather quickly as everyone stated you would....

Lol, my guild is casual and we accept any class that is 75+ and doesnt cause problems on the server.

We raid like 3 times a week tier 1 and 2 content, but they only take peeps who sign up and needed classes, so yeah I do raid, but I am almost always "filler" dps that gets thrown in a slot after all the other slots are filled by the more needed classes.

Bascially I get the slot right before they start shouting in the channel lol.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #224
Windowlicker

Loremaster

Well, it seems we've found out who you are Evilgamer.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=901336205

Oh what's that?  Pwnage?  See, in your infinate amount of whine threads you decided to create one in the Mistmoore server section.  And thanks to your "I'm the 4th highest hp on my server" comment, it was pretty easy to find you.

- Your gear sucks.  And I assure you my tanks gear is far superior. 

- You turned level 80 on July 19th.  So you've lied to everyone in this thread, and you haven't even been 80 for a FULL MONTH.

- Unless Crimson Dragons has changed drasticly in the past 8 or 9 months, you do not raid 3+ times a week.  You might raid 1 to 2 times a week.  How do I know this?  I know half your guild.  In fact when I ran Mistmoore Eternal Knights, Crimson Dragons was in a raiding alliance with us.

- Your Strength is extremely low, your Agility is also extremely low.  You wonder why you're having problems and you've focused your character on Stamina.  So your "High HP" aren't worth beans.  I hate to break it to you, but focusing on STA on a brusier is stupid.

Strawman that.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #225
liveja

General

Um, I'm sorry evilgamer, but if you're getting raid slots with Crimson Dragons ... what's the issue, again?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #226
Vis

General

evilgamer wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:

Ha, that is hilarious considering I am 4th on my server in hitpoints out of all bruisers.

So why did you want anon tags taken out again? /boggleAnd what are hit points going to do for you when you are not avoiding the hits due to your low agility? NOTHING. You die.Zahne just handed your a** to you on a silver platter.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #227
simpwrx02

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:
evilgamer wrote:
simpwrx02 wrote:

Strawman, I never said that.  But peel > anything a bruiser gets for getting aggro. Sorry but your trolling doesnt change that.

Both brawlers can and do pick up aggro almost instantly when required basing that skill on one CA shows your indept knowledge and expiernce, so I guess before RoK brawlers could never get aggro on a mob htey just sat there going woa is me. 

All fighters can smash rescue.  And please tell me how monks can force aggro without peel, I am dying to know. Why do you think the developers gave them peel in the first place?  Cause their snap aggro was so good already, rolf.  Get a clue.

Get a clue both brawlers have little issue picking up and maintaining aggro as they have the tools to do so, and I am not refering sololy to peel or drag those are just easy button short term aggro control, but I guess you base your play style on easy button mode.  I only use this as it was hte center of YOUR monk vs bruiser arguements, I personally find that both of them being equally skilled can pick up and maintain aggro without resorting to those, just because you need a crutch dosen't mean everyone else does. 

Please explain how since you obviously know so much about the brawler classes. I am dying to know.

Do monks have a slight edge in instant aggro control, yes, do bruisers have any issues picking up and maintaing aggro, no. 

I never said we cant get aggro, but 3 secs of drag and D & C are not as good as peel is, that is all I said. 

So Zahnes comments that both brawlers can quickly get aggro when the MT dies is completely true no matter how you try to twist it into bruisers dont have peel so they are the suck. 

Never said that so strawman.

Personally I find player skill to be a more determining factor than a single ability.  Don't blame me if you don't understand your class and are unable to do what a monk can.

I can force aggro with drag and D & C.  But its nowhere near what a monk can do, ever brawler with a clue knows this.

Peel is the reason so many brusiers betrayed to monk when RoK came out, it used to 90 seconds of forced aggro, from a ranged of 50 meters.  Two monk used to be able to completely trivialize certain encounters with  peel.

It has since been nerfed

However drag is only 3 secs, and D & C is between 4-8 secs, but with a vastly reduced range and D & C works like a spell so it cant be used on the move, like peel can, making it even less effective.

Never mind the longer duration of peel, the fact that it can be used on the move and from a range of 50 meters still makes it superior.  Especially with the huge hitbox of some raid mobs.

Awesome I got a double strawman, that must mean I am really wrong on all aspects.

You never said that bruisers cant get aggro, sure, but you mention peel every time picking up aggro is mentioned you should get off of peel's nuts they need to be washed with how much you have been drooling on them.

Why dont you tells us why developers gave monks peels since you clearly know all about raiding pre RoK way to make assumptions.  Monks I raided with had very little problem getting aggro before peel it isnt the holy grail you make it out to be, it is an easy button.

I never palyed the bruiser class, but watching the bruisers in my guild raid he had zero issues picking up the mob anytime he wanted even with the MT still alive and not by using drag. Sorry, but my personal observations are greater than your dribble.

Once again you base getting and maintainig aggro on abilities that basically lock aggro onto you, you should be high up on the hate list at all times and as such not be forced to rely on crutches that was my point I guess you failed at seeing that.

HAHAHAHAHA peel is not the reason bruisers betrayed to monk, most betrayed over the raid wide buff as it is more of a min/max raid setup and then all the sheep followed.  Most of the high raid bruisers betrayed during EoF when the raid buffs were given and the casuals followed suit a few months later once again way to open mouth and insert foot.

Once again great peel is 10ish seconds and drag +D&C is 7-11 seconds fantastic and being top on the hate list is permanaent for aggro control... I wonder which is the perfered method of tanking...  I am going to go with option C being top of the hate list. I am sorry you lack the ablity to top the hate list maybe your raid leader if he desired you to tank woudl put you in a better group setup.

Maybee I can get 3 strawmen with his post it will be an all time record worthy of a gold star.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #228
liveja

General

[email protected] wrote:
And what are hit points going to do for you when you are not avoiding the hits due to your low agility?
Well, if Zahne is correct, then it's not just evilgamer's low agility, but also his patheticly low strength that is causing him trouble. I'm a Swashy, & self-buffed alone I've got about 400 more STR than he does, with gear that's no better & in some cases not even as good.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #229
Windowlicker

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
And what are hit points going to do for you when you are not avoiding the hits due to your low agility?
Well, if Zahne is correct, then it's not just evilgamer's low agility, but also his patheticly low strength that is causing him trouble. I'm a Swashy, & self-buffed alone I've got about 400 more STR than he does, with gear that's no better & in some cases not even as good.

Just by doing a simple search on his nick you'll see him complaining in the Mistmoore section about his SK.  I find it really hard to believe it wouldn't be his toon when the dates on it match up perfectly.

He himself said he was 4th highest brusier on the server.  The odds are it's him without a doubt.

And the stats on the toon easily display why he's having problems.  And easily show why he can't tank. 

No wonder the tanks have more avoidance then him.  He isn't anywhere near the diminishing returns curve, and has totally invested himself into the wrong stats.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #230
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:

Oh what's that?  Pwnage?  See, in your infinate amount of whine threads you decided to create one in the Mistmoore server section.  And thanks to your "I'm the 4th highest hp on my server" comment, it was pretty easy to find you.

Which is why I more hps then you SMILEY  But if you want we can duel sometimes and see how "superior" your gear is.

- You turned level 80 on July 19th.  So you've lied to everyone in this thread, and you haven't even been 80 for a FULL MONTH.

Sorry if I didnt keep exact tract of when I turned 80.

- Unless Crimson Dragons has changed drasticly in the past 8 or 9 months, you do not raid 3+ times a week.  You might raid 1 to 2 times a week.  How do I know this?  I know half your guild.  In fact when I ran Mistmoore Eternal Knights, Crimson Dragons was in a raiding alliance with us.

/Shrug believe what you want, they generally schedule 3 raids a week. 

- Your Strength is extremely low, your Agility is also extremely low.  You wonder why you're having problems and you've focused your character on Stamina.  So your "High HP" aren't worth beans.  I hate to break it to you, but focusing on STA on a brusier is stupid.

Um brusiers get a a str and agi self buff.  I have the M1 version of that, my STR and AGi is actually higher then my sta due to the buff.

Plus I got my tank gear on, for tanking sta and agi > str.  I dont have aggro problems generally.

My str is much higher when I put my dps gear on.

Strawman that.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #231
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:

So why did you want anon tags taken out again? /boggleAnd what are hit points going to do for you when you are not avoiding the hits due to your low agility? NOTHING. You die.Zahne just handed your a** to you on a silver platter.

Attention all noobs.

Bruisers can self buff str and agi

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Ready

I have the M1 version of that spell it increases both stats by well over hundred.

Plus every slot is adorned and I use str potions.

My agi and str are not low

Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #232
Windowlicker

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Which is why I more hps then you SMILEY  But if you want we can duel sometimes and see how "superior" your gear is.

Sorry if I didnt keep exact tract of when I turned 80.

/Shrug believe what you want, they generally schedule 3 raids a week. 

Um brusiers get a a str and agi self buff.  I have the M1 version of that, my STR and AGi is actually higher then my sta due to the buff.

Plus I got my tank gear on, for tanking sta and agi > str.  I dont have aggro problems generally.

My str is much higher when I put my dps gear on.

Strawman that.

Sugar coat it any way you want.  We can see your toon, and it's obvious why you have problems.

Try raiding a little more then a month and you might learn a bit more about raiding mechanics.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #233
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Once again bruisers can self buff str and agi, I have the M1 version which buffs both by over 100.

That is my tank gear. I focus on agi and sta with tank gear, since I generally dont have aggro problems.

My dps gear is much higher str.

And you shouldnt talk, I out parsed you in CoA one day when we were grouped lol. SMILEY

Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #234
Windowlicker

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:

Once again bruisers can self buff str and agi, I have the M1 version which buffs both by over 100.

Look at this Brusier:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=307205205

That is a raiding Brusier.  He's an excellent player that know's his class.  Notice how different your stats are.

You don't know what your talking about, you don't know your class, and you certainly don't know raiding.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #235
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Just by doing a simple search on his nick you'll see him complaining in the Mistmoore section about his SK.  I find it really hard to believe it wouldn't be his toon when the dates on it match up perfectly.

He himself said he was 4th highest brusier on the server.  The odds are it's him without a doubt.

And the stats on the toon easily display why he's having problems.  And easily show why he can't tank. 

No wonder the tanks have more avoidance then him.  He isn't anywhere near the diminishing returns curve, and has totally invested himself into the wrong stats.

My avoidence in my tanking gear is 70% vs level 80 mobs and my mit is 45%.

Like I said bruiser can self  buff agi and str  by well over a 100 and I have the m1 version of the spell.

I say we duel sometime and I can laugh my butt of as I put both of your toons in the dirt with my "crap" gear.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #236
liveja

General

evilgamer wrote:

And you shouldnt talk, I out parsed you in CoA one day when we were grouped lol. SMILEY

I know you did. Please note the difference in weapon quality at the time? Thank you.

IMO, now that I know who you are, now that I've seen your gear, & now that I've even grouped with you, I am now convinced you don't have anywhere near the issues you've been going on about for the last 16 pages, & so I'm now forced to wonder just what the point of this whole thread has been.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #237
Bewts

Loremaster

When you watch monks tank avatars like I have - get back to me on why you think they need to have their tanking skills revamped.  Brawlers just don't have /easymode on when it comes to tanking.  You actually need to be a good player to tank as a brawler -- and raid gear is definitely a plus.

I still would like to argue the fact that brawlers should have the most uncontested avoidance through AA and buffs BEFORE you consider gear equipped.  That is probably the only factor holding back Brawlers from becoming elite tanks.

Bewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #238
evilgamer

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
evilgamer wrote:

Look at this Brusier:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=307205205

That is a raiding Brusier.  He's an excellent player that know's his class.  Notice how different your stats are.

You don't know what your talking about, you don't know your class, and you certainly don't know raiding.

OMG, you are such a troll , that is my tanking gear.

My dps gear has way more str on it.

Please I beg you to duel me.

I so want to pwn you with my "crap" gear.

What are you afraid of, we are on the same server.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #239
Windowlicker

Loremaster

evilgamer wrote:

I say we duel sometime and I can laugh my butt of as I put both of your toons in the dirt with my "crap" gear.

Dueling isn't going to change the fact you've been raiding less then one month.  It's also not going to change the fact that your gear sucks, and you don't know your class nearly as well as you like to say you do.

I suggest you spend less time complaining about raiding in the forums, and more time actually raiding and learning *how* to raid.

You would be suprised the kind of things you figure out once you have that full 30 days of experience.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #240
simpwrx02

Loremaster

OMG duel card woot yeah a class that can effectively stun lock someone(bruiser) is trying to duel a guard or a warlock neither of which get stuns worth a dam.  And it is a duel so mages are instantly at a disadvantage as they rely on sneaking up and rooting someone at max range in a pvp setting which you cant do in a duel.  You have one of the easy mode dueling classes no wonder why you constantly bring it up on the boards.