EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Warden
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
KongstadPS

Loremaster

Is it  me or do anyone of you guys feel a bit invincible with the new patch?
Im a level 45 Warden with 27 Achievement points.

I got Duststorm, Natures walk ( immune to root and most knockback effects ) and a 50% boost to all healing with miracles/blessings.
Including masterII group heal and adeptIII heals.

I feel like nuttin can kill me at all.
I havent died in PvP for quite some days now and got a killstreak of 34 ish and it just keeps growing. Been touring around with a full group exping for a few days with another equal level warden in the group and every single pvp battle ive been in has been against yellow to red cons, mostly red.

Most people trying to gank me when solo cannot catch me cause I can outrun em with 55%  runspeed. SOW = 45% + Jboots 10%.

We did have to run from a level 58+ group at a time though cause after we had killed em 5 times ( they kept following us as we tried to change location to avoid confrontation again ). Eventually they were lucky to pick a fight with us near one of their desert respawns so after we had killed them all seperately a couple of times they spawn charged and eventually killed the tank as we ran out of mana.

Anyway its a decent change to the warden class, I thought we were well hard to kill before, now were even harder and stronger. I know when I see another warden in pvp i generally avoid him/her because that fight would take three days and with the druid rings in 4 different places SMILEY
Old 11-22-2006, 02:58 AM   #2
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

KongstadPS wrote:
Is it  me or do anyone of you guys feel a bit invincible with the new patch?
Im a level 45 Warden with 27 Achievement points.

I got Duststorm, Natures walk ( immune to root and most knockback effects ) and a 50% boost to all healing with miracles/blessings.
Including masterII group heal and adeptIII heals.

I feel like nuttin can kill me at all.
I havent died in PvP for quite some days now and got a killstreak of 34 ish and it just keeps growing. Been touring around with a full group exping for a few days with another equal level warden in the group and every single pvp battle ive been in has been against yellow to red cons, mostly red.

Most people trying to gank me when solo cannot catch me cause I can outrun em with 55%  runspeed. SOW = 45% + Jboots 10%.

We did have to run from a level 58+ group at a time though cause after we had killed em 5 times ( they kept following us as we tried to change location to avoid confrontation again ). Eventually they were lucky to pick a fight with us near one of their desert respawns so after we had killed them all seperately a couple of times they spawn charged and eventually killed the tank as we ran out of mana.

Anyway its a decent change to the warden class, I thought we were well hard to kill before, now were even harder and stronger. I know when I see another warden in pvp i generally avoid him/her because that fight would take three days and with the druid rings in 4 different places SMILEY

I am not sure this post is completely accurate with regards to our mitigation - and indeed it's stuff like this that gets what good stuff we might have - nerfed.    I don't think we are a whole lot tougher than we ever were - but a lot depends on choices you make with AAs.

"Invincible"?  no.   Able to take a nice beating?  yes, but we always have had that.   I am glad we were not tweaked in that regard, like..say...brawers were.

Also consider that you are PvPing with 2 healers - when you are deciding how tough we are.  

Just my 2.

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Rastaah

Loremaster

Not to doubt the OP's sincerity but it is a common technique on forums to post stuff like this when you really do not play a warden in order to see the class tweaked down.

You may very well be a warden, but it just sounds odd you think wardens are invincible as they are not.  

I don't think wardens deserved a nerf and they did not get one.     Wardens are a well rounded/balanced class.   I really think they have it right.

But I doubt the validity of a post when it is by a warden saying he thinks he is too good.   Sorry SMILEY

Rastaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
3cho

Loremaster

Rastaah wrote:

But I doubt the validity of a post when it is by a warden saying he thinks he is too good.   Sorry SMILEY

You also have to consider the PvP opponent when reading a post like the OP's :smileyhappy: My very first duel in SS just after LU13 went live was with an assassin.  I beat the stuffing out of him... because he did not have any experience dueling as an assassin :smileyhappy:  I thought that not only were wardens awesome, but I was awesome too :smileytongue:  The I get my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] handed to me in slow motion when I fought another assassin, a berserker and a conjuror (with the aery pet out).  Humiliating barely describes it.

I think the OP just had an experience where they succeded when they thought they should have failed and are suffering from an abundance of "I can take on the world" :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with the other Warden Veterans that have responded.  We are not too powerful or god like.  We're just a fairly balanced class that can survive a lot.

Adun
3cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #5
Fromingo

Loremaster

Rastaah wrote:

Not to doubt the OP's sincerity but it is a common technique on forums to post stuff like this when you really do not play a warden in order to see the class tweaked down.

Well the OP has a few posts under the warden section but scores under the ranger section.   So my guess is they have a twinked alt or something that's a warden.   

Having played PvP myself I can say that my brigand still kicked every warden's [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] I ran into solo.   But I echo the observations above.   OP states they play with a 2nd healer in group.  In PVP 2 healers in group make for a VERY tough nut to crack.

Fromingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:13 AM   #6
Skivley101

Loremaster

OMG....my Warden sux so bad.....Cant Solo,Group, or RAid worth [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]......What the Hell were the Devs thinking about when they made this Class...........Im not even sure he could even tie his shoes Wright...

Thats it !!!  Im gona sell him on Ebay.........I hope i can get atleast $5 for him......so i can get a cheap bottle of booze to console my distraughtness.  

Old 11-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
Skivley101

Loremaster

ya its posts like this that will get the fury's nerfed
Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
mikemcmodmi

One thing I'm not clear about, hth did you get enough AA points for Nature's Walk at your level?  I mean.... wow.  You can't put your AA points into the EoF tree if you've already spent them in KoS.  Did you not spend a single AA point and save them all for when EoF came out?

I know myself I'm at 60AAs with 10 into EoF.  I'm nowhere close to being able to get enough points to get nature's walk, not even close....

mikemcmodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:46 AM   #9
Dragonreal

General

you don't have to spend point sin kos tree to start in eof tree.. they aren't at all connected like that so it's not at all impossible for him to have gotten enough for nature's walk.. that's only 19 points and I'd have it myself if I hadn't needed to get the cures first for raiding (I'm at 78 AA atm).
Dragonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
R

General

Even though I agree the Warden is a great class in PvP, I actually believe about 2% of your post.

Try again young troll.

R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #11
stargazer5678

Loremaster

Dragonrealms wrote:
you don't have to spend point sin kos tree to start in eof tree.. they aren't at all connected like that so it's not at all impossible for him to have gotten enough for nature's walk.. that's only 19 points and I'd have it myself if I hadn't needed to get the cures first for raiding (I'm at 78 AA atm).

Well, lets see. The OP claimed he has 27 AA points. He is level 45. So he needs 19 points for Nature's walk. Assuming that he has 19 points in EoF AAs that leaves him with only 8 points in the KoS AAs? So he was able to get 19 in just a few days but could only get 8 points prior to that? A little fishy.. Also his main is a ranger..

I am a PvP Warden and I can say that even though Wardens are now a little better at level 70 they still get easily killed by predators/rogues when solo. They are great in PvP groups but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Warden is invincible..

Leshii

stargazer5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #12
Dragonreal

General

there is no reason at all why he isn't what he says he is... now the invincible part, no I won't agree to that cuz I know we are nowhere near invincible but we are very strong and yes it is very easy to get 27 AAs and no he does not hav eto have kos AAs to have eof AAs.. why you think this must be so is beyond me.
Dragonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 PM   #13
stargazer5678

Loremaster

Dragonrealms wrote:
there is no reason at all why he isn't what he says he is... now the invincible part, no I won't agree to that cuz I know we are nowhere near invincible but we are very strong and yes it is very easy to get 27 AAs and no he does not hav eto have kos AAs to have eof AAs.. why you think this must be so is beyond me.

That's not what I meant.. It's just very stange that the guy managed to get only a few AA points prior to EoF but already has at least 19 in EoF.

Leshii

stargazer5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:47 AM   #14
Bumpfuzz

There's nothing unreasonable about that.  I had 7 AAs by L48 pre-expansion.  Once I purchased the EoF expansion, this opened up all the EOF areas as well as Desert of Flames to me (which I didn't own previously).  By exploring those two expansions, my 7 AAs quickly turned into 24.  I'm up to 30 now, thanks to expansion quests (both DoF and EoF) being better at granting AA experience.  "Old World" quests typically only gave exp/AAexp at the end of the quest line.  Expansion quests typically grant AA exp for every step of the way.

Also, the AA exp gain rate is much faster than it was.  WHere before a blue quest might net me 5% of an AA level, now I'm oftentimes getting 20% of a level from one.

All that aside, Wardens are far from invicible.  I get pwned by other players all the time.
Bumpfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:21 AM   #15
KongstadPS

Loremaster

Allright I may have changed my opinion a bit the past couple of days. I think your right with the few "good" experiences and the errors of my enemies may have put me in a state of "wow im rocking". But i still think we are doing quite well SMILEY I never meant for anyone to get nerfed though SMILEY

Yes I used to be a ranger on Darathar, lvl 70. This Warden is my main on Naggy although i have a troubador im levelling up on the side. But Warden is definately my main and Im loving it current level 49.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #16
KongstadPS

Loremaster

Hey hey easy now, not trying to troll. Mfrh, I knew I shouldnt have posted SMILEY

When I came back to the game i had 7 pts. I gained an insane amount of AP in absolutely no time by killing lots of nameds and exploring new zones. Also APs seems to be coming really fast below level 25. Anyway Im now level 49 and got 36 Achievement points and yes basicly all of em are being put into the EOF tree. The Root/snare/SoW/Natures walk like is absolutely fantastic. Add that with the line that upgrades Spirit of the Bat to a 19ish mana regen in combat and the Healing spores buff. SMILEY

Old 11-28-2006, 05:35 AM   #17
Axiana

Loremaster

I am the other warden in Kongstads group and we do make a nice team.  I too have Natures Walk, although Kongy had it before I did because he didn't put any AA into his KoS tree, whereas I did.  I have 38 AA's at level 52.  They are really easy to get I am not sure what all the fuss is about.  Sure our tree's are specced probably more for PvP but you know you can pay some coin to reset your tree's and change your config anytime you like.  We might respec at 70 for more raiding but for now surviving in pvp while we level. Our main group is quite twinked out, we put a little effort into our gear as we level to stay within a survivability range as we progress through the levels and work towards our guild goals. I must say though I had a warden alt in PVE back before pvp was invented in EQ2 and I loved it, after hating the broken mystic wards for 45 levels (way back in the day).  I first rolled a Fury in Nagafen and after 30 levels rerolled warden, I just love it.  I don't often kill stuff solo, but I don't die too much either 1 v 1, usually the scout gets bored and runs off, the root doesnt last long enough for me to keel him.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #18
Fromingo

Loremaster

AA's come faster when you have few of them.   After you get around 50 they slow down conciderably.
Fromingo is offline   Reply With Quote