EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #151
Chrol

Developer

Did you happen to leave the instance after clicking one and then return to click the other?
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #152
Katzandra

From what I can tell, you were likely better off kiting and letting him accidentally get in one of the circles than I was trying to lead him into them. I wish I knew what triggered the heals now and then. I have theories but everyone I have had was dispelled by getting a heal at a different time. I think I may have a laggy ISP which made that Butcher fight -- even more fun. We won't confess how many times the poor conjy died before she was victorious!
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #153
Taiyla

No I died and revived.

I reset and ran the zone again, placed both crystals and still no switches are active. I've killed everything in the zone I can kill. I did die before I looted the little chest and when I revived I got a message saying I received a charged crystal and the chest was still there. I got a message saying "Both incinerator power cells are charged." when I place the crystals but nothing else happens.

I also tried zoning out and back in again. I received two charged crystals which I placed again and still no switches. Not sure what to do now LOL
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #154
Mystfit

I"m not sure how it's supposed to work Wink But, I got a crystal (never noticing if the thingy behind it was clickable), then got the second crystal. I then used the crystal on one and ran back to the one I missed, but it wasn't clickable. The three controls were active in the middle even though I only clicked on one crystal thingie ( though I neglected to check and see if it consumed both crystals)
Old 11-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #155
Mystfit

As he ports there should be a triangular shaped portal at that spot. Sometimes the colors can be quite faint. A white, or a fire up to a really dark blackish (it's random.) Clicking that, sends you to where he is to fight some more (and get away from the mean guys) Fight there a bit and he ports out and you have to match that color to port out and find him again.
But, that will only work if you can find him. Maybe for that fight check..I dunno? Particle effects or rendering distance?
Old 11-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #156
brokenshieldd

Working on the Underdepths Saga :Chaos and Malice. I found the Screwdriver in the Advance solo. The quest says I must return to Queen Alwenielle in Maldura now that I have the regained the Exceptional Screwdriver. There is no Book over her head and she will not talk to me. =(
brokenshieldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #157
Katzandra

The go to the queen potion keeps getting me stuck under the floor and in walls.
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #158
Taiyla

Just to update..... I did the zone a 3rd time. This time I didn't die while getting the crystals and it worked as intended. So the moral of the story is.... don't die while getting the crystals LOL.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #159
Chrol

Developer

Found the problem! You're able to click each power cell more than once, which is where the bug is. I've got a fix in but until it reaches beta, only click any combination of power cells twice. So twice on one power cell or once on each one.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #160
Kaitheel

Developer

Woot! I finally found what was making the screwdriver drop inconsistently!

With that said, here's the next round of changes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Underdepths Saga: Mysteries of Maldura - Coil conductors can now be seen at all times, but can only be gathered when they are needed for upgrading the undertok sentries.
  • Underdepths Saga: Unveiled Dangers - It is now much easier to target Queen Alwenielle for the illusion trituration crystal.
  • Underdepths Saga:Chaos and Malice - Xoth, the Ever Rending now drops the Grand Artificer's Exceptional Screwdriver 100% of the time, as intended!
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #161
Kari

Underdepths Saga:Chaos and Malice - I was in Maldura the unveiled palace and the Butcher of Hate killed me. I am unable to be ported back up top to fight him again. Tserrina is up top with him and the flames from the incinerators aren't touching her, so she won't port me. I zoned in and out a couple of times but she is staying out of range.
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #162
Andric

Black bolt is targeting and killing my healer mercenary, and triple hitting for large amounts of damaged to me. Is there something I missed that reduces his power or is this a known problem. Swishy, 1,300,000 hp, down in 2 rounds after port. Never got past 2nd port. Healer mercenary dead by 1st port (Perrin)
Old 11-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #163
Chrol

Developer

His spell damage was still too high. It'll be lowered.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #164
ZUES

Please add the adds from the heroic version to that list. They hurt a little too much.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:45 AM   #165
Griffon Lady

The batteries are supposed to take that buff off the spider, X-O Arachmech right? He was walking on top of the water and the batteries were not doing anything except flicking the "examine" window on and off. I was in the middle of the water and the spider was popping up and down out of the water.
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:37 AM   #166
Elinea

I thought the batteries weren't something you clicked on. When you have a battery in your inventory, click on X-O. A hand should appear when you mouse over him. Unless I'm thinking of the solo zone and it doesn't work the same.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:06 AM   #167
Andric

thanks for the update. If it helps he seemed to really up the damage after porting.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #168
Griffon Lady

Thank you! Yep, I see the hand now (takes a bit to appear for some reason), but it's too far away (the "ding a ling" sound is all I'm getting).
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #169
Jrel

Could you make the Exceptional Screwdriver a 100% drop chance from the last name in Temple of the Ill-Seen Adv Solo Seen, if you're on the Signature quest: Chaos and Malice, please?
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #170
Xianthia

I watched the video someone posted earlier on this thread. So at least I have an idea of what to expect. So far those portals hadn't spawned for me. After I watched the video, I tried another handful of times and finally got a portal where he is when you first engage him. The mob I can't seem to get lucky on conning/finding/getting away from got me, but I guess that's progress.

I usually play beta with all particles/bells and whistles going on since it's needed and never know what quest will trigger some hint by some sparkly stuff happening Smile

Thank you again, getting to see the portal at least made me feel better.. Wink
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #171
Taiyla

Okay good call Smile In the first two tries I did click on the power cells more than twice. The hand was there so I clicked LOL. Thanks for looking into this so quickly!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #172
Xuma

This is still BROKEN! I was able to (FINALLY) complete the dialogue before but only after MANY tries. The dialogue ALWAYS breaks at "Can you describe her for us" when Atalya's response is SUPPOSED to be "..."
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #173
Xuma

I was grouped. I Ungrouped, and the dialogue worked that time. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the problem. THe reason I disbanded the group was because one of the Atalya's would not follow another player at all. After camping, it fixed that and the dialogue also worked for each person "ungrouped."
Old 11-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #174
Xuma

The rancid Poxfiends needed for Luminous Quest (10 updates needed) don't always update - at this point I have 6/10 on one in the group and 1/10 on the other. At this rate I will need 50 Rancid Poxfiends. I think there are about 8 that spawn - and currently there are 5 toons/groups in the area hunting them. I may finish the quest sometime next month...
Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #175
Jrel

I was never grouped for the dialogue, but one person's fix was to drag Atalya right onto the Queen, and then Atalya's response appeared.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #176
Xuma

So, for the Screwdriver... It drops 100% of the time - but only ONE drops. If you are running 2 characters through, guess what? Have to run it again for the other toon. Before, when it was random, it would drop 2 screwdrivers - just might drop the 1st time through. Well, I guess I'll run it again now...
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #177
Xuma

The issue is that...it's an issue that should be fixed. The Atalya/Queen dialogue is irksome and wonky - needs to be addressed.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #178
Xuma

Nvm - I guess the fix to make the drop 100% isn't in yet. I guess I just got lucky my 2nd run last time that 2 of them dropped. The last run only one dropped, then I ran again and got 0. I guess I will need to keep running until I get the other guy a drop...
Old 11-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #179
Kittybock

Don't feel bad....I usually am the one to run guildies through and assist them. I did not try this until maybe Friday on this toon (I'd originally done a beta buff, then decided to try my regular) and I hate this fight....HATE IT! If I have issues with it, there is no way the guildies that I had to assist with some of the ToV and/ or AoM quest lines will ever get past this portion. I finally jumped out of it, went over and ran the other Adv Solo, w/o looking it up, which was quite enjoyable and interesting. did not have any crazy hurdles.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #180
Balcerak

I've tried Black Bolt many times today. When he ports to the pad and I click on the portal to follow and engage him, I sometimes get a message saying the immolated has poofed since I've attacked Black Bolt. But 90% of the time the immolated doesn't poof. When it does poof I've had a couple of close fights but if it doesn't there's no way (stay by Black Bolt, immolated eats merc and then me, try to stay away and Black Bolt dots me to death). Is this intended? Or am I missing something?