EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Firedancer

Loremaster

Locally, it only affects my account (gold) and not my husband's (silver). Both accounts were accessed on the same computer, with the default UI. I attempted to make a half elf fury on both accounts, and on my account I could only choose New Halas or Neriak; attempting the same on his account I was able to choose from all four starter areas. 

I tried clearing the cache, logincache, validating files via the launcher, and rebooting the computer. The problem still persists, and only started after today's update. Yesterday this was not an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to finally get started with the name/race/char I decided upon after trying many combos!

Firedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Firedancer

Loremaster

Update: It seems this only occurs when there are no characters on the account. I had moved all the items I wanted to keep into the shared bank then deleted all the temporary characters. When I tried to make the 'first' character on the account (High Elf Fury), New Halas was her only option. I made a temp character, logged her out, then attempted to create the Fury again. This time I was able to select Kelethin as a starting city. My husband already had a character on his account when I tried it earlier (as in the OP), which is likely why there was no issue.

I don't recall being shuttled to New Halas a few weeks ago when I started playing again, though I probably always had at least one character around holding a name. If this is working as intended, feel free to delete the thread. SMILEY

Firedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
Katz

Loremaster

Yeah, I read somewhere that they were going to stear brand new people to just the 2 zones.  And open the other 2 for use for additional characters on the account.   I think they are trying to concentrate new players in fewer zones. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Firedancer wrote:

Locally, it only affects my account (gold) and not my husband's (silver). Both accounts were accessed on the same computer, with the default UI. I attempted to make a half elf fury on both accounts, and on my account I could only choose New Halas or Neriak; attempting the same on his account I was able to choose from all four starter areas. 

I tried clearing the cache, logincache, validating files via the launcher, and rebooting the computer. The problem still persists, and only started after today's update. Yesterday this was not an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to finally get started with the name/race/char I decided upon after trying many combos!

Firedancer, that sounds rather odd to be honest. I know certain Races unlock certain start areas (depending if you're good or bad). Neutral character's have more location options to start in so I'd recommend creating a neutral character to see if that's the case.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Morgania434

Lord

You are correct as stated in Community News with the Qeynos update " NEW PLAYERS WILL BE STEARED (SP) TOWARDS NEW HALAS AND NERIAK FOR THEIR STARTING AREAS". This only affects NEW accounts.

Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Morgania434 wrote:

You are correct as stated in Community News with the Qeynos update " NEW PLAYERS WILL BE STEARED (SP) TOWARDS NEW HALAS AND NERIAK FOR THEIR STARTING AREAS". This only affects NEW accounts.

Except on Test it affected all accounts.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote