EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Shadowknight
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
tanis147

Loremaster
tanis147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 71
Default

So far i'm using manawall and  i'm not impressed, thinking about  trying one of the other two. But was looking for some feedback as to what everybody else is  using.

tanis147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
yzyh

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 489
Default

The endlines are realy lack luster but most of us went for the cure. The cure itself is pretty uselss with competant healers but it is our second hardest hitting ability (after Harm touch).

Mana wall = [Removed for Content]

yzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
tanis147

Loremaster
tanis147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 71
Default

yeh, i started using the cure today. i did  give the other  two a try just  to make  sure i didn't  miss the boat on something. But  yeh they  suck SMILEY

tanis147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Jacquotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 483
Default

tanis147 wrote:

yeh, i started using the cure today. i did  give the other  two a try just  to make  sure i didn't  miss the boat on something. But  yeh they  suck

that cure is so overpowered.. cure your entire group from any effect? seriously :S how can you think that is [Removed for Content]

the ability that adds critbonus and inc. power by entire grp by 6% is nice on mass pulls, but the itimization of the game is now so borked that all classes are at 100/100 health/power all the time, so it is useless ... for now SMILEY

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Controlor

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 767
Default

[email protected] wrote:

tanis147 wrote:

yeh, i started using the cure today. i did  give the other  two a try just  to make  sure i didn't  miss the boat on something. But  yeh they  suck

that cure is so overpowered.. cure your entire group from any effect? seriously :S how can you think that is [Removed for Content]

the ability that adds critbonus and inc. power by entire grp by 6% is nice on mass pulls, but the itimization of the game is now so borked that all classes are at 100/100 health/power all the time, so it is useless ... for now

Necro post, but i shall indulge. It cures 1 Trauma / Nox / Arcane / Elemental effects. If you have more than 1 of each on you it only cures one. Guess what. THAT IS HOW EVERY CURE WORKS. Except the paladins "Cure Spell" which doesnt cure trauma. Ask a healer their group cure cures 1 of each effect off. It used to be that you had different spells for each curable ability they merged them all into one.

Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Jacquotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 483
Default

Controlor wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

tanis147 wrote:

yeh, i started using the cure today. i did  give the other  two a try just  to make  sure i didn't  miss the boat on something. But  yeh they  suck

that cure is so overpowered.. cure your entire group from any effect? seriously :S how can you think that is [Removed for Content]

the ability that adds critbonus and inc. power by entire grp by 6% is nice on mass pulls, but the itimization of the game is now so borked that all classes are at 100/100 health/power all the time, so it is useless ... for now

Necro post, but i shall indulge. It cures 1 Trauma / Nox / Arcane / Elemental effects. If you have more than 1 of each on you it only cures one. Guess what. THAT IS HOW EVERY CURE WORKS. Except the paladins "Cure Spell" which doesnt cure trauma. Ask a healer their group cure cures 1 of each effect off. It used to be that you had different spells for each curable ability they merged them all into one.

i was just bored.. so i went through posts without looking at dates, sorry for necroing SMILEY

and yes, it cures one of the 6, well 3 effects now. the op part? cure a groupwide stun or mez, you would usually cast this when you find yourself unable to do anything because of those effects, or when you healer sits there.. screaming for help when a mage isnt curing that awful arcane on that said healer

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
644446592

General
644446592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 35
Default

Mana wall best choice

644446592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster
Arielle Nightshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,727
Default

Even the most competent healer cant cure while stunned or silenced - which is where the cure end line comes in handy.  It's like the Defiler "Ancestors" ability with a huge punch at the end.   To me, it was the obvious choice.

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Nrgy

Lord
Nrgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,338
Default

Necroed yet again ...  Only 7 more Necros allowed before this thread goes to Kitty-Cat heaven.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
Opti
Server: The Bazaar

Loremaster
Opti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Less than a month and a half is now a necro? Especially on these forums where every thread is dead now anyways...are people just not allowed to partake in the discussions here? The VAST majority of posts here are older than a month and a half, should we just find a new place to talk? Or is calling everything a necro post the new "it thing" these days?

If the first necro'er would have started a new thread, he would have been flamed to search and post in a relevant topic. So he does that instead, and gets flamed for necroing. The awesome player base used to be what kept me hooked on this game, wow times have changed.

Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.