EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Brigand
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
FireForkTS

Loremaster

Well after having a Level 70 Shadowknight, Bruiser and Wizard I have finally decided to check out the Brigand Class.

I am on a PvE Server so I was looking for some guidance as to what the Best AA Build would be for quick leveling 1-70.

I plan to be primarily soloing while leveling.

He should have pretty good equipment as I have plenty of rare resources to make crafted armor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Thanks

FireForkTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Kattheswas
Server: Nagafen

General

well..I'd reccommend going with the KoS tree first. and maybe check out an AGI/STA build....AGI has Walk the Plank (i think that's it's name) that makes mob show u it's back..and some other proc as well as Sailwind. and STA will help you outlast the mobs by giving u added avoidance, health, and physical dmg mit. just my 2cp
Kattheswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
Ettia

General

Str/Agi seems to be a general consensus on the best leveling build. I'm sure Agi/Sta as the above poster said would work as well.
Ettia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster

Either is good I think.  Agi is a must for solo'ing heroics.  Walk the plank, then you hit your blackjack line, then back stab, backstab, cheapshop, backstab, low blow line, everything else you got.  I'd put 8 points into avast ye for sure also, it helps with autoattack damage by procing...16%?  I use this on pvp as well and it seems to work great.
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Wilin

Loremaster

STR/AGI. Get max melee crit and max avast ye. You'll be spending most of your time behind mobs even when you're solo so a shield and better tanking abilities from STA doesn't do much for you. I would go for max crit first. Walk the plank isn't all that special TBH. It's not like you don't get 3 other stun lines that allow you to get all your back attacks in. Later on, once you get dispatch/debilitate, walk the plank will be more useful just because you'll have so many back attacks but WtP is not all that interesting early on.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
oneeyedlotus

Loremaster

Str/Agi is the best way to go as you lvl, Im lvling my second brig ( sold first on the exchange,[Removed for Content] vanguard) I solo 90% of the time and i always parse myself i switched back and forth between str wis a few time for testing purposes, str seems to be better dps so far but Agi and Walk the plank is a must have.  Alot of players say it isnt all that important solo lvling but when your in tight places in dungeon or near alot of wanderers having to run behind the mob will sometimes get you in trouble, so the idea of the spin with an extra stun is priceless.  i can kill the avg mob even or +2 lvls in under 20 seconds with near no hp loss with the str / agi build, and fast kills are the name of the game as far as lvling goes.

oneeyedlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
FireForkTS

Loremaster

Alright thanks for all your help guys.

I'm assuming I should go down the KoS tree before pursuing the Strength & Agility Lines?

FireForkTS is offline   Reply With Quote