EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 08:25 AM   #1
Trops

General

Hey all you Inquistors. I'm currently a 21 Half Elf Swashbuckler and I'm really interested in a class that does damage as well as heals decently. I'm not enjoying a rogue that much anymore, so I'm wondering is this a good class for a person who likes to heal decently and be on the offense? If so this is the class for me. Hope for fast responses, thanks in advance! =)

Message Edited by Tropsor on 12-02-2004 03:01 PM

Trops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
wayfaerer

Loremaster

The Inquisitor can do some damage over time and heal, but I think the class you're looking for is probably a Fury.

Zizz, Dark Elf Bruiser, Nagafen

-formerly-

Phia, Mage, Rift/Briarcliff

Phia, Sorcerer, Aion/Nezekan

Khrin, Archmage, WAR/Darklands

Avert, Blood Mage, VG/Tharridon

Khrin, Undead Priest, WoW/Blackrock

Phia, Abyss Walker, L2/Lionna

Amon, Confessor, SB/Ardan

Sset, Iksar Monk, EQ1/Tholuxe Paells

Mental, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Sullon Zek

Zizz, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Tallon Zek
wayfaerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Yo

The Inquisitor is able to do good damage.... BUT the main role of an Inqui is to heal, not to nuke.
If you are soloing, you will be able to solo fast. Your nukes are good, your heals are even better. Yellow and orange con Mobs are no problem, not even in the higher levels.

BUT... and I say it again... if you are in a group, youre role is healing, not nuking. If you will nuke too much and because of this your group dies (you are out of mana and can not heal), you will over time earn a pretty bad reputation and will have a hard time to find groups :smileywink:

Old 12-02-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
gwakamo

"The Inquisitor is able to do good damage.... BUT the main role of an Inqui is to heal, not to nuke.
If you are soloing, you will be able to solo fast. Your nukes are good, your heals are even better. Yellow and orange con Mobs are no problem, not even in the higher levels.

BUT... and I say it again... if you are in a group, youre role is healing, not nuking. If you will nuke too much and because of this your group dies (you are out of mana and can not heal), you will over time earn a pretty bad reputation and will have a hard time to find groups "

That being said, say when you have a chanter in your group, and your full mana and your engaging a mob, at lvl 32 i slap 2 debuffs and 3 DOTs on the mob and i lost a bit more than a bub of power. This does about 100dmg every 3 seconds, which i think is pretty decent. If your group lets you do HOs too, I recently did a 400dmg nuke on a mob, and this doesnt cost very much power either. So yeah our main role is healer, but often i find myself DOTing and nuking because things go well and i can help the group take down mobs faster.

And as an inquisitor, i often play the tank role when we cant find one, and i can tank a yellow 2 up arrows with 2 scout types working it from behind, with my DOTs and debuffs helpin takin it down.

gwakamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
Danm

IMO, the inquisitor role is similar to that of a shaman in EQ1. We primarily are a debuff/buff class, and we have decent healing. The Inq is definitely not a damage class imo. But if you are curious about damage:admonishing smite at adept1, level24, seems to do 80-90 damage, the mana cost is a bit steep and is pretty frequently resistedcleansing fire at app1, level24, seems to do ~38 damage a tick for I believe 4 ticks (might be 5). Our damage HO, divine judgement, does about the same as admonishing smite at 24, maybe a bit closer to 100.Since we lack styles, melee output is poor IMO, but not so low that its not worth meleeing in a fight (you regen mana the same anyways). I usually hit for 10-20 with my Skullcrusher.In groups, the only time I really do any damage spells is to advance a HO.Our debuffs are great, though, especially forced submission. I believe shaman are currently the best healers.-Dan
Danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Decimat

General

My Cleansing Fire Adept 1 does 70 a tick, which is pretty decenct from my perspective.  Plus Oppression which does 30 a tick+debuffing their str.  I can solo orange solo mobs, or a small group of greens pretty well.  The main problem with Inquisitors fighting group mobs, is that group mobs see a significant increase in HP, which is a pain for the inquisitor to nuke to death AND heal because we run out of power after the first 1-2 mobs in the gorup. 

Message Edited by Decimatus on 12-02-2004 03:05 PM

Old 12-03-2004, 04:01 AM   #7
Trops

General

Thanks for your replies guys! They were very helpful, and I do wanna mostly heal anyways with a little bit of damage on the side. Inquisitor is the right choice for me. SMILEY
Trops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #8
Tai

General

Who is soloing orange or even yellow mobs as an INQ? I can not solo some groups of greens!!We are the best healer you can get in Freeport...that is our job.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #9
Decimat

General

A solo Orange mob, no ups, is easy. A group of greens=teh suk. A green mob in a group is quite likely to have as much if not more HP than a solo Orange. And you have 2+ mobs in a group of course. Power just doesn't cut it. An orange solo however, you can nuke right to death no problem. I was soloing yellow and orange solo orc's in Zek for a nifty quest I got up there, and I left each battle with about 1/4 power and 1/2-full HP.