EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Zulu Majo

When you're maintaining the same spell on multiple targets, there's no way of telling which is on what target. For single-target buffs like redoubt the only way to know which copy is on who is to memorize the order you cast them in. For things like BoV it's even worse: Say I cast it on 2 people at about the same time and aggro switches back and forth a couple times. I see one copy of vitae in my maintained spells window drop, but I don't know whose it was until I see them taking hits without the particle effect going off.At the very least, the mouseover text (which says the time remaining) should also say what the target was. Ideally there would be an option to have this always showing even without mouseover or to allow mouseover to highlight the proper target (if, say, multiple mobs with the same name have the same debuff), but anything would help at this point.
Zulu Majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 PM   #2
Arisma

I agree with you VERY much Zulu.  I asked to modding gurus over at EQ2Interface if this could be done.  They did some digging and discovered that the information is note presented via XML tag's, which means they cant show it.  I wish we had this additional information available to both the normal and modified user interfaces.

I had the same problem with what spells were maintained on what tank.  The only way around this has been to announce to the group that only the tank should hold agro and take damage since only the tank will be blessed with all my buffs.  If some foolish rogue or ranger accidently pulls agro onto themselves, I expect them to announce that they have "Split Aggro" and I will react with a BoV on the poor backstabber.

Arismath
Arisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
Decimat

General

Of course the tank should have all the aggro, that is just how it works.  And you only ever need one tank in a group, which kind of sucks for the fighter classes getting a team.  If the tank dies, I will forced submission the mob and tank him until he dies unless he is way out of our group's league. 

However, other classes like assasins, and especially enchanters will get agg from time to time, so I always give them redoubt to boost their HP.  I always give the enchater redoubt, but usually wait a bit to see which DPS is taking agg the most before I redoubt them. 

A bug which I have seen, is that even after I leave the group, redoubt is still running on those people, somettimes after I leave the zone as well, so I just cancel all but the top, since I redoubt myself first always. 
Old 12-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #4
Arisma

I have seen that bug as well!  One quick question (and I dont mean to hijack this thread).  We have 5 concentration slots, three are used for our buffs, two left for redoubt....  Tank gets one, who gets the last one?

Cleric
Secondary Meat Wall (monk or rogue)
Those skirt wearing casters standing next to us in the back row?

Arismath

PS - Im a level 23 Inquisitor and I am speaking from my experience level, who knows... it might all change at level 25!

Message Edited by Arismath on 12-02-2004 11:30 AM

Arisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:44 AM   #5
Beltor

Depending on the grouping, it'll usually go to myself or a mage. When I'm grouped with higher level people, I tend to find that I need to heal more, as the higher end mobs do more damage, and thus, I gain aggro and need the extra hp. Otherwise, I'll give it to a mage who usually gains aggro temporarily from their nukes and roots.
Beltor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:54 AM   #6
Decimat

General

I have Transal, and Daring running, so that is 2.  I always redoubt myself, just cause I tank alot, and living longer is better for the healer.  Always redoubt the tank, so we have one left.  Always the enchanter.  If no enchanter, either the DPS that takes the most agg, or the lowest lvl in the group which might need the HP on the random occasion they manage to get agg. 
Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #7
Joos

Speeking of the maintained wondow, I lost mine, anyone know how to get it back?
Joos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:49 AM   #8
Decimat

General

Ctl+M

Message Edited by Decimatus on 12-02-2004 01:49 PM

Old 12-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #9
Gronker

Loremaster

I have a separate window setup that only shows spell effect messages.  You see who has run out of BoV in that (or any other spell).  It doesn't allow you to time it (6 seconds remaining, I should start casting it again ... etc) but I haven't seen a real need for that yet (and I don't expect to any time soon).  You get used to seeing other people's spell effects wearing off etc as well which actually helps alot rather than confuses (for example,  I can see that the shammy cast a ward on the tank, for example, and then I can take the time to heal the chanter who got pounded a little last time mez broke before focusing on the tank).

Though being able to see what spells are on who for how long may sound nice, consider all the buffs they'll be wearing and with the fast-paced nature of combat, I think it would be more confusing than helpful in many cases since so much time has to be spent searching for the information you want in the big list-of-buffs.
Gronker is offline   Reply With Quote