EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #151
Kela

Master

mattador wrote:

It makes me sad that they took the star trek stuff out of the las vegas hilton.  ALTHOUGh heh this year on the same weekend we are there is the big las vegas star trek convention in case anyone was looking for other stuff to nerd out on!!

I believe it has now reopened at its new location, in a mall type place. Don't recall the name.

::EDIT::Well looked up its location an it is supposed to be in the  Neonopolis, however it has been repeatly delayed and noone is sure exsactly what is going on, though the guy incharge of that mall says it is still a go, as of last October.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #152
mattador

Happy Camper

yea that guy ended up auctioning off a lot of the stuff last month and they are postponed indefinitely.  the rides were awesome and quarks bar was awesome.  I also dont think the hilton has put anything up in its place, sad.  I dont know if i have said it here but the star trek convention is the same weekend and you can go over there and walk around on a general admission pass during the day.

mattador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #153
Kela

Master

mattador wrote:

yea that guy ended up auctioning off a lot of the stuff last month and they are postponed indefinitely.  the rides were awesome and quarks bar was awesome.  I also dont think the hilton has put anything up in its place, sad.  I dont know if i have said it here but the star trek convention is the same weekend and you can go over there and walk around on a general admission pass during the day.

The artical I read about the stuff auctioned of said that most of the items where too beat up with years of abuse to make it into the new experiance anyway, plus much of the props where baised around DS9 and the new one is supposed to focus more on TSO(relaunch), the universe of the new movies.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #154
Dented

The Quiet Type

The neonopolis theatre doesn't have a working phone and I guess the webpage is outdated by a year.  

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #155
Starrla

Happy Camper

K_Triol wrote:

No decent Shirts, either.   All I saw were previous years FF 'goodie-bag' shirts (i'm guessing) that were up for sale for $20.   The Green Screen Pictures were cool .. We missed out doing ours, so hopefully, they come back next time. 

I have complained about the selection of T-shirts too.  I figure there might not be much profit  to make it worth their while, nature of business.   They did have a bit more stylish T-shirt last year for a girl but it was only one design.   My guild made some T-shirts for last year and they were nice. 

The green screen pics did rock!  SMILEY

Starrla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #156
Lera

Happy Camper

Linyar wrote:

I drove the last three years... the way to get in to Bally's is off Flamingo Road.  Just drive slowly on Flamingo and look for signs into Bally's Self Parking on the south side. 

I was westbound on Flamingo and thought I had passed the entrance... I went to hang a U-Turn and the Self Parking Entrance spawned right in front of my car, so I got really lucky.  The convoluted route from here to the check-in desk is reminiscent of a Phinny Run in Kedge Keep, with ramps, intersections, 90 degree turns through little holes, and looping around in your car.  Once you park, it's spiral staircases, elevators, ramps, walkways, corridors, escalators and mass confusion the rest of the way into the hotel, but it is all labeled and you will figure it out.

There is plenty of parking in the garage, but it's a bit of a hike into the hotel.  Who cares, though... it's Fan Faire!

See you there! 

Anyone know how much parking is at Bally's? Is it free if you're staying there?

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #157
Kela

Master

Lera wrote:

Linyar wrote:

I drove the last three years... the way to get in to Bally's is off Flamingo Road.  Just drive slowly on Flamingo and look for signs into Bally's Self Parking on the south side. 

I was westbound on Flamingo and thought I had passed the entrance... I went to hang a U-Turn and the Self Parking Entrance spawned right in front of my car, so I got really lucky.  The convoluted route from here to the check-in desk is reminiscent of a Phinny Run in Kedge Keep, with ramps, intersections, 90 degree turns through little holes, and looping around in your car.  Once you park, it's spiral staircases, elevators, ramps, walkways, corridors, escalators and mass confusion the rest of the way into the hotel, but it is all labeled and you will figure it out.

There is plenty of parking in the garage, but it's a bit of a hike into the hotel.  Who cares, though... it's Fan Faire!

See you there! 

Anyone know how much parking is at Bally's? Is it free if you're staying there?

It is for most the Hotels in Vegas so I would assume so. However, you may want to call them.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #158
TheFever

The Quiet Type

It was free last year. Just droped the truck off with the vallet at the front when i arrived and picked it up when i left. (of course a tip does not hurt). If you enter off strip the vallet is right in front of the main entrance and close to check in.

TheFever is offline   Reply With Quote