EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #61
Kela

Master

RadarHelper wrote:

My Boss has already published a vaction plan, except I do not have any dates on it yet.

Could Sony please publish the date for Fan Faire  by OCT of each year for fiscal planning.

Other people are filling in my bosses vaction planner right now.

Need a date for Fan Farie, now.

Thank You

I have been to Fan Farie twice and would like to visit again.

This is another reason I think they should try and work multi-year deals with Hotel/Convention centers and have it on the same weekend every year, so that people that have to have thier vacation in by a certain date can accually be able to put the request in at that time.

I know my Sister in Law has until Dec 31st and for her if it is not in chances are almost nill that she would be able to get it off.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #62
TheMetalMulis

Just voting for Vegas again....it is convenient for me, and you can go as cheap or as big as your budget allows.

TheMetalMulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #63
pghome2

The Quiet Type

Vegas Baby!   Can get the cheapest flights and July or last weekend in June would be awesome.  I know our guildies are trying to make it our LAN party this year.

ANNOUNCE ALREADY!!!! =)

pghome2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #64
schizolic

The Quiet Type

well, i have to have my vacation in by today, so probably won't be able to make it again this year, oh well.

schizolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #65
Whipsnade

The Quiet Type

Viva Las Vegas

Whipsnade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #66
Charn

The Quiet Type

Best time was 2008.  Mid August.  No other holidays or anything else going on, so It's a great time to fit This in.  Besides, I"m a teacher that works summer session July 1st to August 11th . . . Summer session is per diem.  If I don't go into work, I don't get paid.  That'd be one HECK of an expensive vacation to pay for flight, hotel, etc. etc. AND lose money for not working . . . Though in 2009 end of June was good . . . fight right in between the end of the school year and the beginning of summer session. 

I'd LOVE to go back for a third time . . . please, make it at a time I CAN go . . . pretty please?  Thanks.

- Charn

Charn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #67
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

August was a bit too hot for my liking, either June again or maybe mid to end september? More info about upcoming expansions also (yes the info on EQ expansion was very vague also last year).

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #68
Jethal

Calthine wrote:

I swear I'm going to carry a banner next time   Tho the shirt I had made with the huge ZAM on the front helped!

No stealing the Jethal's banner

Jethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #69
cybert

I truley love going to Las Vegas every chance I can get, But just a few thoughts on Having it Orlando Florida this year.

1, The new Harry Potter Ride at Universal Studios

2, Walt Disney World and the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade, nightly fire works shows

3, Sea World and Discovey Cove

4, Gator Land

5, Wet and Wild

6, Cypress Lake Air Boat Tours

7, Kenedy Space Center, While it is still here and funtional upcoming lauches

May - Space Shuttle Atlantis - STS-132May - Delta 4 - GPS 2F-1Jul - Space Shuttle Endeavour - STS-134Sep - Space Shuttle Discovery - STS-133

Google any of these places for more information.

Thanks

Cyber Tex Computers

cybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #70
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

Whipsnade wrote:

Viva Las Vegas

/agree

Ylyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #71
Meric

Journeyman

VEGAS in JULY please!

Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #72
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

Any announcement incoming soon?

I know it was about mid march last year, so maybe the same time frame will apply which means we will need to wait one more month or so.  Would just be nice to hear something sooner if possible for those of us who need to plan vacations.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #73
kanya

Ylyrra wrote:

I know it was about mid march last year, so maybe the same time frame will apply which means we will need to wait one more month or so.  Would just be nice to hear something sooner if possible for those of us who need to plan vacations.

...and a wedding!

kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #74
Irish

Journeyman

They said in the podcast before the last one they were going to try to announce it this month. Also in The UStream for the Sentinels Fate Launch the other day they said announcement would be real soon.So I figure this coming week or beginning of March we will know.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #75
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

kanyana wrote:

Ylyrra wrote:

...and a wedding!

Hmm.. really Kanyana, you should probably ask me before making an announcment like that!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #76
Bitterswe

Irish wrote:

They said in the podcast before the last one they were going to try to announce it this month. Also in The UStream for the Sentinels Fate Launch the other day they said announcement would be real soon.So I figure this coming week or beginning of March we will know.

Awesome!! hope they announce it soon!!

id really love a fan faire in New orleans!!!! or Destin Florida! (beautiful place and full of things to do)

Bitterswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #77
Bitterswe

As awesome as vegas is... They've had it in vegas the past THREE times!!!

I think its time for a change!!! Any OTHER place is fine with me!

Id personaly pick New Orleans, or Orlando, or Atlanta!

Bitterswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #78
kanya

Ylyrra wrote:

kanyana wrote:

Ylyrra wrote:

...and a wedding!

Hmm.. really Kanyana, you should probably ask me before making an announcment like that!

Haha! Sorry! I just agreed with everything you said, and wanted to add my own bit, so I quoted you. SMILEY No harm intended. SMILEY

kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #79
Meric

Journeyman

It's the end of February, anyone see anything about this year's Fan Faire yet?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #80
Irish

Journeyman

Not yet.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #81
Okage

The Quiet Type

Fan Faire has been in Vegas, California, New Orleans, and Illinois.  I would like to see it come to New York state.  Maybe, even western New York, i.e. Buffalo.

I think its time to travel to the Northeast part of the country, but still remain somewhat central to the country.

I've been to Fan Faire 4 times, 3 in Vegas and once in New Orleans.

Okage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #82
Irish

Journeyman

Looks like we are going to have to wait a couple weeks. Looks like it was supposed to be announced with the Podcast they taped yesterday , but approvals not done yet. Looks like they are trying for the announcement with the mid March podcast.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #83
mattador

Happy Camper

thanks for the update irish

mattador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #84
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

kanyana wrote:

Ylyrra wrote:

kanyana wrote:

Ylyrra wrote:

...and a wedding!

Haha! Sorry! I just agreed with everything you said, and wanted to add my own bit, so I quoted you. No harm intended.

Oh wait.. you mean you weren't announding that you and I are having a wedding?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #85
Meric

Journeyman

It would be freaking awesome for it to be in Orlando this year

Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #86
Kela

Master

Okage wrote:

Fan Faire has been in Vegas, California, New Orleans, and Illinois.  I would like to see it come to New York state.  Maybe, even western New York, i.e. Buffalo.

I think its time to travel to the Northeast part of the country, but still remain somewhat central to the country.

I've been to Fan Faire 4 times, 3 in Vegas and once in New Orleans.

The problem with the North East is there are very few if any hotel/covention centers that can handle an event the size of Fan Faire. Even if they do have one of them they tend to be very expencive relitive to locations with multiple Convention Centers.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #87
Mekii

Happy Camper

Is there any official word on when the date / location will be announced? I know it was said a couple of podcasts back that it would be announced in February, but it obviously got pushed back. I'm just hoping there's was a valid reason for the delay and not something like wanting to coordinate the announcement with the release of a new LoN pack or such.

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #88
Kela

Master

Mekii wrote:

Is there any official word on when the date / location will be announced? I know it was said a couple of podcasts back that it would be announced in February, but it obviously got pushed back. I'm just hoping there's was a valid reason for the delay and not something like wanting to coordinate the announcement with the release of a new LoN pack or such.

According to Kiara on the EQ2 boards there where a few minor details that have not been hammered out yet, but we should expect an anouncement soon(tm).

Oppsies, the only thing Kiara said was:

Kiara wrote:

The announcement should be coming out soon (tm).

We're hoping for the next couple of weeks!  Which is exciting cause it should give everyone enough lead time to make arrangements!

everything else I said above is, as far as I know second hand knowalage or rumor.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #89
Discord37

The Quiet Type

East coast please!

Discord37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #90
Dented

The Quiet Type

If Orlando, between the end of June and the first week of August, there is usually tons of people here on vacation! 

I'd like to be able to ride dumbo with yall and not have to wait in traffic for hours

Meric wrote:

It would be freaking awesome for it to be in Orlando this year

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote