EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
sargonnath

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 167
Default

Killing PvP outside war fields has no more value.Only what happens in war fields now counts.

Qeynosians are so outnumbered by Freeportians that they either don't enter the WF or be killed instantanously.Then, they only gain two tokens. And two tokens only whatever they try.

It's so disappointing that many Qeynosians are now betraying to Freeport, reducing even more the amount of Qeynosians in war fields. A fantastic loop of PvP decaying.

Why would they stay?    1) They will never more gain tokens in WF, and will only receive two at most.    2) Outdoor, what they can do has no value (one or two tokens, maybe).

Really disappointing for this side, isn't it?

A SOE EPIC FAIL.How can your game designers be so stupid?You have special teachers for that?

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

sargonnath wrote:

Killing PvP outside war fields has no more value.Only what happens in war fields now counts.

Qeynosians are so outnumbered by Freeportians that they either don't enter the WF or be killed instantanously.Then, they only gain two tokens. And two tokens only whatever they try.

It's so disappointing that many Qeynosians are now betraying to Freeport, reducing even more the amount of Qeynosians in war fields. A fantastic loop of PvP decaying.

Why would they stay?    1) They will never more gain tokens in WF, and will only receive two at most.    2) Outdoor, what they can do has no value (one or two tokens, maybe).

Really disappointing for this side, isn't it?

A SOE EPIC FAIL.How can your game designers be so stupid?You have special teachers for that?

Grats on blaming someone who has no control over the action of other people.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Gungo

Loremaster
Gungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crushbone
Posts: 5,378
Default

They need to tier warfields betterAntonica 20-30Enchanted lands 50-60Kylong 80-90

Sure this leaves gaps who cares people all level lock any way. It will actuall make warfields into equivilant fights.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Stylish

Loremaster
Stylish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
Default

Stop relying on SOE to tell you when/where/how you can PvP.

The power is in the players' hands.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Croud
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Cap pvp at lvl 80 and after every expansion that increases level cap just increase the pvp lvl range by 10 this way you dont have to constantly waste time/resources trying to bring balance to pvp everytime new features come out.

Croud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Stylish

Loremaster
Stylish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Cap pvp at lvl 80 and after every expansion that increases level cap just increase the pvp lvl range by 10 this way you dont have to constantly waste time/resources trying to bring balance to pvp everytime new features come out.

Terrible idea....and one they would never implement.

Why would you want people locking 10 lvls below new content just so they could pvp on a pvp server?

Then they wouldn't try the new content.  o_O

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Croud
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Stylish wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Cap pvp at lvl 80 and after every expansion that increases level cap just increase the pvp lvl range by 10 this way you dont have to constantly waste time/resources trying to bring balance to pvp everytime new features come out.

Terrible idea....and one they would never implement.

Why would you want people locking 10 lvls below new content just so they could pvp on a pvp server?

Then they wouldn't try the new content.  o_O

Yes it would it will allow people that want to play the class they want to play at higher tiers without having to worry about getting one shotted because they cant properly balance the new abilities/ content from expansions.

Croud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
Stylish

Loremaster
Stylish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Stylish wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Cap pvp at lvl 80 and after every expansion that increases level cap just increase the pvp lvl range by 10 this way you dont have to constantly waste time/resources trying to bring balance to pvp everytime new features come out.

Terrible idea....and one they would never implement.

Why would you want people locking 10 lvls below new content just so they could pvp on a pvp server?

Then they wouldn't try the new content.  o_O

Yes it would it will allow people that want to play the class they want to play at higher tiers without having to worry about getting one shotted because they cant properly balance the new abilities/ content from expansions.

Trust me when I say you are in a tiny minority wanting pvp to cap 10 lvls below max lvl.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
Croud
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Default

Well I guess they can keep changing things all the time and killing off pvp each GU then because everything they have been doing isnt working anyway.

Croud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #10
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

Uhh I wasn't on tonight (friday) ... but i organized our guild to go out to warfields and to be honest we had the zone locked down and ended the warfield 5 min after it started.  Qeynos will have its good days and bad days just as freeport does.  Thursday they didnt' have many out ... i'd say a solid 3 groups.  

this obviously was an odd night normally freeport would have 3 x the numbers easily.  Anyway long story short all of the changes at the same time are more the reason, and i've even started seeing people complain about finding healers ..so that change is having an impact on more than pvp ... /shrug

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
Kota

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 671
Default

yeah you can't blame soe for ppl taking the easy road. that's pretty ignorant.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #12
Snosael

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 96
Default

[email protected] wrote:

yeah you can't blame soe for ppl taking the easy road. that's pretty ignorant.

so you're saying that SOE department of transportation can't be blamed for building that road?

IIRC when the freeps cried that Qs were pwning WFs, SOE gave everyone 5 tokens.  And now that freeps are outnumbering (and most likely still crying to the devs) SOE gives them 6 tokens!

pathetic =(

Snosael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
Mesiya
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Atmosphere
Rank: Wayward

Lord
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 64
Default

Its much better to be on the faction in the minority, you actually end up getting  far more kills if you are smart about it. And winning the wf? who gives a flying fisch.

Mesiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
sargonnath

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 167
Default

[email protected] wrote:

yeah you can't blame soe for ppl taking the easy road. that's pretty ignorant.

So the game designers of SOE aren't responsible for the consequences of their choices?

Who else?All the EQ 2 players that should change their way of playing INSTEAD?

No. They are responsible.Maybe, they will explain themselves and tell us what solution they think to provide to correct this astounding failure.

(if we are lucky).

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

Dude, this situation has nothing to do with SoE. Onyx decided to go Exile and Kraken was reformed in Freeport so many quality players left due to these 2 guilds. That is the sole reason why Freeport got the advantage once again.
__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
sargonnath

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 167
Default

You are putting too much importance to these little guilds stories.Qeynosians are betraying to Freeport in order to gain a normal amount of tokens again, and this is normal.

What other kind of explanation are you looking for?

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

honestly ... the hard core qeynos/freeporters do not leave their faction usually and if they do its very short lived. ... its all the other ones who want to take the easy road who switch back and forth.  And why anyone would follow has beens when they come back for 3 months break up guilds and six months later leave for another 2 years is beyond me.  And as far as onyx goes ... they mostly raid and occasionally pvp .. it doesnt' really bother me where they go.

Qeynos has usually been the underdog .. except for the rare occasion, so nothing new about it ... but yeah not having concequences for exiling is pretty lame.   People should lose there masters for exiling period .. not just when they come to a faction.   Not having anything to lose makes it way to easy to go to where things are easier, no matter which side that may be at any given time. 

I can recall when a few players were a different faction weekly .. hell with this change its going to be every other day prolly lol.

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
Masirex

Defender
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
Default

PVP is total Via Dolorosa because of latest changes.Last 4 warfields on T4 as an Q player I've not managed to kill single freep and it's not surprise because we are so heavily outnumbered.Last one we had only 4 players vs +20.Open world PVP encounters are little bit easier because there's still actual PVP sometimes (instead GVP=group vs player). But...freeps getting tokens 3 times faster(and as it is,it's every single time) to gear their toons even this is going to change for next few weeks to month when this will go on thus making PVP playing totally impossible to Q:s. I don't know what solution could be but something has to be done.Almost every single FPS online game has in use autobalance.In this game it could work too(if possible to implement).If there's only 5 Q:s on warfield server would let max.8 freeps to there or something similar idk.But current way doesn't encourage to do anything else but betray and gather tokens on freep side(which still is out of the question for me).
Masirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
Wolfsight
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Euphoria
Rank: Wolf of Mania

Loremaster
Wolfsight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 188
Default

Less complaining more PvPs. The advantage of numbers bounces between factions depending on the day sometimes Q outnumber sometimes freeps outnumber but still nowhere close to the unbalanced pop that was Venekor near the end. Being on the side with less imo is better and more fun since swarming is so boring compared to trying to pick off someone from a group / raid. Some of my best times were messing around against a x4 of freeps at TG with about 3 Qs in the whole zone !

Wolfsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #20
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Dude, this situation has nothing to do with SoE. Onyx decided to go Exile and Kraken was reformed in Freeport so many quality players left due to these 2 guilds. That is the sole reason why Freeport got the advantage once again.

Uhh to be honest ... who gives a crap what Onyx does .. their decision to go exile really didn't amount to much... and kraken? uhh who cares they barely influenced pvp since reforming.  Onyx had nothing to do with freeport gaining an advantage .... if nothing else their exiling balanced the factions a bit, but after they exiled a great number of people chose to flip factions completely ... so blame them not a very small guild of exceptional RAIDERS who happen to pvp on occasion.  Gear avantages does not = exceptional pvpers, yet the constant cry to nerf the PVP toughness so the gear again had such huge advantages does give the appearance once again of "gods" in pvp.

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #21
Oneira

Loremaster
Oneira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 461
Default

Here's my solution to the gross imbalance in Ant and EL Wfs.  When a WF comes up I log off my Q main, I log on my lev 10 freep.  I go to Ant.  in 10 minutes the Freep zerg has won.  I get 6 tokens.  When I get enough tokens I'll betray to Q.

I don't even bother taking my 39 Q to WFs anymore, or my 66 Q.

Oneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #22
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Dude, this situation has nothing to do with SoE. Onyx decided to go Exile and Kraken was reformed in Freeport so many quality players left due to these 2 guilds. That is the sole reason why Freeport got the advantage once again.

Uhh to be honest ... who gives a crap what Onyx does .. their decision to go exile really didn't amount to much... and kraken? uhh who cares they barely influenced pvp since reforming.  Onyx had nothing to do with freeport gaining an advantage .... if nothing else their exiling balanced the factions a bit, but after they exiled a great number of people chose to flip factions completely ... so blame them not a very small guild of exceptional RAIDERS who happen to pvp on occasion.  Gear avantages does not = exceptional pvpers, yet the constant cry to nerf the PVP toughness so the gear again had such huge advantages does give the appearance once again of "gods" in pvp.

Well, you can give a crap about it, but there went 80 people out of queynos, and 30 of them into freeport... So freeport numbers grew by 30, queynos got reduced by 80, that's 110 people more in freeport compared to queynos. I just gave you the reason why Qs got outnumbered so much, you can take it or leave it, I don't care.

__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #23
max.power

Loremaster
max.power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 520
Default

Oneira wrote:

Here's my solution to the gross imbalance in Ant and EL Wfs.  When a WF comes up I log off my Q main, I log on my lev 10 freep.  I go to Ant.  in 10 minutes the Freep zerg has won.  I get 6 tokens.  When I get enough tokens I'll betray to Q.

I don't even bother taking my 39 Q to WFs anymore, or my 66 Q.

Thank you for being part of the problem!

max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
Kota

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 671
Default

Snosael wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

yeah you can't blame soe for ppl taking the easy road. that's pretty ignorant.

so you're saying that SOE department of transportation can't be blamed for building that road?

IIRC when the freeps cried that Qs were pwning WFs, SOE gave everyone 5 tokens.  And now that freeps are outnumbering (and most likely still crying to the devs) SOE gives them 6 tokens!

pathetic =(

you can blame them for this if you want.  you may as well get drunk and do something stupid and blame it on the beer company too.  or wreck your car and blame it on the manufacturer.

Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #25
Masirex

Defender
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Snosael wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

yeah you can't blame soe for ppl taking the easy road. that's pretty ignorant.

so you're saying that SOE department of transportation can't be blamed for building that road?

IIRC when the freeps cried that Qs were pwning WFs, SOE gave everyone 5 tokens.  And now that freeps are outnumbering (and most likely still crying to the devs) SOE gives them 6 tokens!

pathetic =(

you can blame them for this if you want.  you may as well get drunk and do something stupid and blame it on the beer company too.  or wreck your car and blame it on the manufacturer.

Poor examples tbh.Neither of these companies has tools or even right to prevent people drinking or driving or drink and drive,doing stupid things or wreck their cars.SOE has right and way to stop faction jumping.

Masirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #26
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Dude, this situation has nothing to do with SoE. Onyx decided to go Exile and Kraken was reformed in Freeport so many quality players left due to these 2 guilds. That is the sole reason why Freeport got the advantage once again.

I really think you are giving too much credit to two guilds, one of which spends most of their time in PVE content and occasionally pvp.  As for Kraken I believe they are not even around anymore .. if they are I have not seen them in pvp in FOREVER.

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
mrsma

General
mrsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England - London
Posts: 331
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Oneira wrote:

Here's my solution to the gross imbalance in Ant and EL Wfs.  When a WF comes up I log off my Q main, I log on my lev 10 freep.  I go to Ant.  in 10 minutes the Freep zerg has won.  I get 6 tokens.  When I get enough tokens I'll betray to Q.

I don't even bother taking my 39 Q to WFs anymore, or my 66 Q.

Thank you for being part of the problem!

Maybe so, however, most people take the road of least resistance.  What Oneira has said is why there is the problem that we have now, whatever fraction has the largest numbers this will happen.

Is there a solution ? The only thing I can think of is that PVP servers have a penalty, BUT, as I understand now you can keep your masters when you betray and if that is the case then this is a problem that is not going away anytime soon.

I on the other hand have all my characters  in Freeport. Always have, always will ( why, IDK but it could be that living in a land that is a cross between The hobbit and Disneyland does not really fit my play style

Mrsmall

Availabe for hire - Birthdays, Weddings and Barmitzvahs

__________________
mrsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #28
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I really think you are giving too much credit to two guilds, one of which spends most of their time in PVE content and occasionally pvp.  As for Kraken I believe they are not even around anymore .. if they are I have not seen them in pvp in FOREVER.

It doesn't matter if the guild is still alive or not, what matters is that due to these 2 guilds, the queynos-freeport balance changed by -80 to queynos and +30 to freeport, amounting to a total 110 player advantage for freeport. That is quite enough to explain the current situation, since we don't have 1000s of active players at 90 on Nagafen.

__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I really think you are giving too much credit to two guilds, one of which spends most of their time in PVE content and occasionally pvp.  As for Kraken I believe they are not even around anymore .. if they are I have not seen them in pvp in FOREVER.

It doesn't matter if the guild is still alive or not, what matters is that due to these 2 guilds, the queynos-freeport balance changed by -80 to queynos and +30 to freeport, amounting to a total 110 player advantage for freeport. That is quite enough to explain the current situation, since we don't have 1000s of active players at 90 on Nagafen.

I'm sorry just a week prior to this screwed up cure nerf ... my guild was out in force every night ... in fact one night we were sandwiched between onyx/displaced on one side and a x5 of freeporters on the other side ... prior to this nerf I would say pvp was extremely healthy and people were having a great time .. now since the nerf i'd agree wtih you .. but that has nothing to do with either of these guilds.   The fact of the matter is ...most of onyx dont' even show up for pvp that frequently.  Well lately i wouldnt' know, we've pretty much quit pvping as of late ... in my opinion the sweeping changes in the last GU have completely destroyed what was left of pvp.

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #30
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture
Rank: Ni4Ni CEO Alts

Loremaster
Kimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 721
Default

Now this topic is funny as hell since only recently has FP had more peeps out then Qey.  I remeber a time not to long ago ( just before the GU in all honesty ) when Qey out numbered FP and dominated just about every WF out there.  FP did not win that many.  Granted the tokes were same same win or lose however we did not get hardly any writs done.  Now it has gone the other way ( now that I think about it first time I can remeber and I have been playing since ROK so not that long but long enough ).

Just saying is all

__________________
Server Nagafen

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.