EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
dellaripa

Loremaster
dellaripa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 195
Default

Target not a friend

Mezzed

Target not a friend

Stifled

Target not a friend

Stunned

Target not a friend

Die at full power while in a full set of pvp gear.

Revive.

This is what's become of "pvp".  Thanks for nothing.

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Kota

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 671
Default

i was taking bets in 80-89 the other day on how long it would be until a thread like this started.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
dellaripa

Loremaster
dellaripa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 195
Default

[email protected] wrote:

i was taking bets in 80-89 the other day on how long it would be until a thread like this started.

Did you win or lose that bet?

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Jab
Server: Nagafen

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 559
Default

No doubt dps classes gained most from last update.Especially end game HC raiders on dps classes.They came out on top after the last update =)

Ask urself why some of the most vocal voices for toughness change/nerf came fom our more HC raiders...Coincidence   i think not =)

HC=Hard core..Info for those living in a box.

__________________
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win or not, you're still "special".

Jabib 90 Brigand.

Bademesteren 89 Inq.

Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Mosha D'Khan

Loremaster
Mosha D'Khan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Default

[email protected] wrote:

No doubt dps classes gained most from last update.Especially end game HC raiders on dps classes.They came out on top after the last update =)

Ask urself why some of the most vocal voices for toughness change/nerf came fom our more HC raiders...Coincidence   i think not =)

HC=Hard core..Info for those living in a box.

so a HC raider that has the best dps gear, they put in the most time to get stuff should be on par with a regular instance/BG person that does not put in 8 or so hours a week raiding? how does that make since. if you want to not die in 3 sec or be some one who has a chance either put in more time or learn to avoid the raiders. the fact that a person in BG gear could stand up to a full T3 raid gear person with few pvp gear here and there was a joke.

__________________
Mosha D'Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
Chia_Pet

Loremaster
Chia_Pet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 282
Default

Why should a Raider be on par to a PvPr in PvP at all?

__________________

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Chia_Pet wrote:

Why should a Raider be on par to a PvPr in PvP at all?

Why would you go to raid if you could get the same items with zero effort in pvp? Lets remove raids alltogether then!

Toughness has been a fail since start.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Chia_Pet

Loremaster
Chia_Pet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 282
Default

thought raiding was end game content for the PvE aspect of the game, why wouldnt you raid if you like it????

__________________

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
Jab
Server: Nagafen

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 559
Default

Mosha DKhan wrote:

so a HC raider that has the best dps gear, they put in the most time to get stuff should be on par with a regular instance/BG person that does not put in 8 or so hours a week raiding? how does that make since. if you want to not die in 3 sec or be some one who has a chance either put in more time or learn to avoid the raiders. the fact that a person in BG gear could stand up to a full T3 raid gear person with few pvp gear here and there was a joke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply below.For some reason ur text didnt get transfered with when i wanted to reply

Welcome to pvp srv.

Why on earth are u raiders so hell bend on having the moral upper hand on a pvp srv.

U have plenty of servers to flex ur pve [Removed for Content] on. So go do it there =)

__________________
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win or not, you're still "special".

Jabib 90 Brigand.

Bademesteren 89 Inq.

Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Messia
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Chancellor

Loremaster
Messia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Mosha DKhan wrote:

so a HC raider that has the best dps gear, they put in the most time to get stuff should be on par with a regular instance/BG person that does not put in 8 or so hours a week raiding? how does that make since. if you want to not die in 3 sec or be some one who has a chance either put in more time or learn to avoid the raiders. the fact that a person in BG gear could stand up to a full T3 raid gear person with few pvp gear here and there was a joke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply below.For some reason ur text didnt get transfered with when i wanted to reply

Welcome to pvp srv.

Why on earth are u raiders so hell bend on having the moral upper hand on a pvp srv.

U have plenty of servers to flex ur pve [Removed for Content] on. So go do it there =)

i agree with jabib.   Honestly if you think the people who pvp less than you raid per week you are sadly mistaken ... I would be all for tiered pvp gear ... i'll earn my tokens ... trade my t1 pvp piece in for a t2 piece etc ... ... and before you assume much i raid and pvp ... but I do not see why on a pvp server it is somehow construed as unfair that someone who pvps shouldn't have the same kinds of rewards as someone who raids 24/7 ...  No one asked them tomake the gear easily obtainable except for those who ironically were mostly in to PVE content to begin with.  I was perfectly content with it taking forever to get pieces of gear ... I still prefer pvp over pve, thus the reason for coming to a PVP server... so pvpers should be penilized in favor of HC raiders who believe that the fact they live in their mothers basement and play this game 21 hours a day, raid six days a week for 5 hours a day deserve an advantage over people who are here for pvp ... Screw that ... neither party deserves an advantage they should be on par with each other for the same amount of time commitment period.

__________________
Messia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Silverzx

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 282
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Chia_Pet wrote:

Why should a Raider be on par to a PvPr in PvP at all?

Why would you go to raid if you could get the same items with zero effort in pvp? Lets remove raids alltogether then!

Toughness has been a fail since start.

what if the person pvps more then you raid?  why should you be stronger in pvp then him?

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

Or let's turn this around. You raid 4 hours, 5 days a week. I PvP 12 hours, 7 days a week. My gear should be better for RAIDING then your gear because I am putting in more hours. See how stupid it sounds?
__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
Legion2024

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 197
Default

yep 3 sec fights are not entertainment, 30 to 1 min fights are, raiders stick to your instances thats what you like best leave the pvp people alone, i pvp 8 hours a week so by what you say i am intitled to be on par with the raiders simple as that, Soe once again is catering to a few on the server and not all.

If you enjoy raiding then raid if you like the gear then raid, but your 8 hours raiding to my 8 hours pvping = to the same amont of time spent ingame playing,

Soe get your act together grow some balls and desine the game, dont get players to put input in to the game  as that will allways sway things one way or another. and that is the hole problem, start puting out surveys ingame to find out what your hole player base wants

Legion2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
spudsmckenzie2

Loremaster
spudsmckenzie2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 58
Default

dps is too high. when im fully defensively geared  with kinetic, imdomitable gear with 2 healers in my group and get burned down in 3 seconds ...there is a problem. fix it right ohilin..dont listen to the fringes listen to the center...ty.

__________________
spudsmckenzie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

Silverzx wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Chia_Pet wrote:

Why should a Raider be on par to a PvPr in PvP at all?

Why would you go to raid if you could get the same items with zero effort in pvp? Lets remove raids alltogether then!

Toughness has been a fail since start.

what if the person pvps more then you raid?  why should you be stronger in pvp then him?

THIS... i PVP more then you raid, so I should have better PVP gear then you do, but I dont, with the update, I have worse PVP gear for PVP'ng even more then you PVE... how F'd up is this?

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
Legion2024

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 197
Default

Ghetto it sure is.

Legion2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #17
sokil

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 280
Default

I agree. 30sec fights are not entertaining. I would lke to see longer fights and more balance. I know gear makes up for a lot but that is seldom the case. It is rediculous that a mage can last against 4 players and kill them all in less than one minute.

sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #18
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

its 100% the case that the raiders cried like pansies the loudest and got exactly what they wanted, again... not a surprise, they are the loudest bunch of QQ'rs of them all... so they whined and cried and complained and B#$%ched and moaned until they got their way... to get raid gear #1 for everyhing on a PVP server once again... just like it was all through ROK and TSO...

they wanted to be able to fight a scripted mob with ACT telling them what to do and when to do it, at the end of which, come out and beat the living b'jesus out of people who were PVP'ng that whole same time...   its what they do best...  kill PVE mobs with timers and think they somehow deserve better PVP gear for doing so...   and once again, SOE gave it to them

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 AM   #19
Legion2024

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 197
Default

i thought we had a pvp dev or something, does he not  play the game...?

Legion2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #20
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

I still use a majority of PVP specific gear in pvp.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #21
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

I wish he had never put that toughness crap ingame. Now he's done something that cant be removed again, imho the game is kinda damaged and probably not repairable.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
Jab
Server: Nagafen

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 559
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I still use a majority of PVP specific gear in pvp.

Let me guess.

Armor pvp gear.

Everything else pve gear.

Did i call it ?

__________________
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win or not, you're still "special".

Jabib 90 Brigand.

Bademesteren 89 Inq.

Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Toxicz
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Laser Beam Attack Walrus
Rank: Joffrey Baratheon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 158
Default

I didn't read much of this thread, but for the lulz:

Sounds like a few people mistook toughness as skill, and are now dying, and don't like it

Toxicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
dr4gonUK

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: England
Posts: 211
Default

[email protected] wrote:

No doubt dps classes gained most from last update.Especially end game HC raiders on dps classes.They came out on top after the last update =)

Ask urself why some of the most vocal voices for toughness change/nerf came fom our more HC raiders...Coincidence   i think not =)

HC=Hard core..Info for those living in a box.

Yea jabib, right on the money. Pvp was better before they nerfed toughness. Thanks onyx.

dr4gonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
dr4gonUK

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: England
Posts: 211
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I didn't read much of this thread, but for the lulz:

Sounds like a few people mistook toughness as skill, and are now dying, and don't like it

Listen son, people were dieing before the nerf. You guys just cried because the fights lasted to long? And you equate superior gear to skill in pvp? [Removed for Content].

dr4gonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
dr4gonUK

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: England
Posts: 211
Default

Lets cut to the bone.

Onyx only dominated pvp when exile faction had access to all classes and cities didnt. Path of least resistance and all that.

dr4gonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
Azekah1

Loremaster
Azekah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,887
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I didn't read much of this thread, but for the lulz:

Sounds like a few people mistook toughness as skill, and are now dying, and don't like it

Listen son, people were dieing before the nerf. You guys just cried because the fights lasted to long? And you equate superior gear to skill in pvp? [Removed for Content].

Let's all fight naked

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #28
Chunkaliscious

Loremaster
Chunkaliscious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 156
Default

Ghettobla[email protected] wrote:

its 100% the case that the raiders cried like pansies the loudest and got exactly what they wanted, again... not a surprise, they are the loudest bunch of QQ'rs of them all... so they whined and cried and complained and B#$%ched and moaned until they got their way... to get raid gear #1 for everyhing on a PVP server once again... just like it was all through ROK and TSO...

they wanted to be able to fight a scripted mob with ACT telling them what to do and when to do it, at the end of which, come out and beat the living b'jesus out of people who were PVP'ng that whole same time...   its what they do best...  kill PVE mobs with timers and think they somehow deserve better PVP gear for doing so...   and once again, SOE gave it to them

+1

I have never understood why the PvE crowd on the PvP server think they should be on par with or even better than the PvP crowd.  I'm pretty sure there is at least one other server out there that has PvE content on it.

__________________
If the RoK and TSO armor point is a huge issue for you to feel balanced, then you will want to play on a PvP server to gain those at this time.~Olihin

Chunkaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #29
dellaripa

Loremaster
dellaripa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 195
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I didn't read much of this thread, but for the lulz:

I stopped at the "lulz".  I can't take anyone seriously that uses that word in their vocabulary.

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #30
Jab
Server: Nagafen

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 559
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I didn't read much of this thread, but for the lulz:

Sounds like a few people mistook toughness as skill, and are now dying, and don't like it

Ppl have always died in pvp.Not sure what rock u have been hiding under.

But ur comment speaks volume about how arrogant a p-rick u are.

__________________
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win or not, you're still "special".

Jabib 90 Brigand.

Bademesteren 89 Inq.

Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.