EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #1
Gemo

I've played EQ2 for over 10 years with Gemo on Antonia Bayle. Always tanking. Starting out long ago, it was easier to make groups with just random people who were looking and be able to clear most content, sure some of the tougher zones are and have always been out of reach for casual players, which has always been fine with me. If you find the right people around, you could easily do the tougher zones, just had to be more picky about who you grouped with. Grouping in this game seems to have gone from spending time running zones to spending time looking for people who can actually run the zones. I have been trying to do random groups on beta, and not do any guild groups, or anything with a set group of people who know what they are doing inside and out with their class. I'm sure the people I have grouped with are good at their classes, I didn't ask, or give a pop quiz into their knowledge, I just wanted the classes I thought would be helpful. So after hours trying to find people, and finally getting them together and in the zone, they are not fun, and we're like shooting in the dark with what is wrong. Maybe a lot of this stuff can be fixed in beta, but it would help to know more requirements of these zones maybe? So at least we can say it's not this, and it's not that. Are we failing because of a lack of DPS? lack of heals? or lack of Resolve? I keep getting told by my healers about 100% bleed through of wards? Seems to happen in every heroic zone I have tried still. Can you look at every zone and fix that? I know you say it's fixed, but people are telling me it's not. It's so frustrating, maybe more as a tank class, and the one that forms the groups, when you get people together, and you fail at a zone but don't know the reason why. I remember when you could go by level, but we've been level 100 for so long, that it takes a little more then that. I'm sure you can always have stronger heals, more DPS, better tanking, you can over heal, over DPS and I guess out tank zones with better gear, and there will always be somebody out there with better gear. I LOVE a challenging zone. I am not complaining about HOW TOUGH any zone is. I just wish it was better communicated to us the minimum requirements of these zones. I don't want the strats to any fights either, I enjoy figuring them out. I know the failure of a group can fall on any of the people in the group. I'm sure the response to this will most likely be to join a guild, and yes, I would join a guild if I wanted to be an active raider, but more and more there is almost a need to join a guild JUST for group content. I guess if that's how it's going to be I will just be doing solo / adv solos and trying to get a random group when I feel like it. I wish there was an easier way to find people to group with and not be in a guild. Maybe work on the LFG interface? Have more settings to pick what you are looking for in your group or be able to look at others stats before you invite them? I don't want the game to be made easier, in anyway. I would just like to be able to look at the group and say, okay, you are not helping the group because you don't have enough x, y, or z. You won't make an effective healer for our group because you lack... You won't be the DPS we need because you don't have... You won't be able to tank this zone because... I have no problem getting better at my class, I try to do that everyday now as it is. I guess in the end I wish groups were more fun for people who don't want to raid, so you might ask what is the point of grouping if I don't want to raid? Because to me grouping is end game and I don't wish to go further. I enjoyed running groups everyday at one point, but that has slowly drifted away into the category of unable to do without a perfect group setup, and that's next to impossible to get with current casual grouping. Grouping everyday to try and get better with a team of people actually geared to run the zone, and not over geared, just trying to finish the zone. Maybe this is just how the game is and I should stop complaining and find a guild. I have nothing against guilds, i love them, I just wish my groups weren't dependent on that.

Oh well, at least if anybody else is having this problem, you can find me to group with on Antonia Bayle or Isle of Refuge. I am always lacking heals and DPS. So if you want to group come find me! Smile

Please keep the hate to a minimum. I don't want the game made easier, just more clear on requirements for newer zones, since just saying you're level 100 doesn't mean much anymore. Maybe an easier way to find people who are geared toward what you want to run, or something people can look at and say, okay, maybe i'm not geared for that zone yet, but this is what i need to work on. Help people forming groups and looking for groups to know what they can and, more importantly, what they can't do. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope this in some way helps with grouping. You would have more people to pull from that would be geared to raid then, just because I don't want to raid, doesn't mean that the people I group with, and help gear up, don't want to. I miss gearing up people to raid. That helps raiders too!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
Lucus

use more formating people aren't going to bleed their eyes just to read this wall of text you've put up brick by brick.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #3
ZUES

Lol yup. No way I'm going to try and read that.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Kari

If your healers are struggling, you may need to start taking two healers into the new zones. That wasn't necessary in ToT but in most expansions starting out, groups are more successful with two. Then when people have more gear it drops to one healer per group.

I have not personally seen any zones with 100% bleed through, but I have seen plenty of detriments that reduce healing received, which may make it feel that way to the healer. It seems like curing will be very important at the beginning of the expac, at least until people are geared up. If you are running with a solo healer that can't keep up with the cures and it is messing up their healing, you may want to have another group member running with one of the cure charms to help out. I use a slime pod but there is a master crafted version available on the broker most of the time.

EQ2 has never had a gear score, and I think it would probably be detrimental at this point to introduce one. I think it would be good to have a message flash on the screen announcing the recommended resolve when you zone in, so people know if they are remotely qualified or not.

When my husband and I (tank and healer) form up a truly random group, we will generally take them through a quick and easy zone to assess whether they are up to a harder zone. If they struggle on the easy one we either disband after the zone is done and start over, or just do easy zones the rest of the evening. Add the strong players to your friend list and then when you want to run a harder zone like Nizara send them tells in advance to set it up.

Feel free to hit me up on AB if you need a healer. I am in raid a few nights a week and playing with my husbands tank some other nights, but if I don't have any prior commitments I am happy to help out a pug group.
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
Wurm

FIxed it since it is a good read.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
Kari

Hey I struggled through it when it was one big wall of text, so everyone else should have to too!!!
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
Pitta

The moral of the wall of text:
Post the stat requirements of each zone somewhere we can see them, like on the forums or something. kind of like this, but for heroics:
[IMG]
Old 11-05-2016, 03:42 AM   #8
Regolas

At least 24 members in your raid?.....come on...just say a full raid of 24 /rant off
Old 11-05-2016, 03:47 AM   #9
Alway

like every expac.... you start from the bottom and work your way up........
Old 11-05-2016, 05:52 AM   #10
Malleria

I don't think it's unreasonable to have an announcement on zone in, or a buff package on the mobs, letting people know the resolve requirements. We shouldn't have to bring a predator/rogue to determine that.

If I remember right DoV mobs had a buff that let us calculate the required crit mit value.
Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #11
Wurm

Heh so did I lol
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #12
Talduke

I did my own research Gemo Smile I made a post about it but will post here too in case you miss it.

There seems to be 3 Tiers to the Heroic zones if you are looking at Resolve as the determining factor. Most zones I was only able to check stats on the trash but there were a few that I was able to either run or sneak past and the named's resolve matched the trash, so these should be fairly accurate tiers. That being said Combat Mitigation did increase between trash and named usually by 200-300.

T1: Resolve - 189, Trash Combat Mitigation - 6044 (no T1 named tested for CM)
T2: Resolve - 241, Trash Combat Mitigation - 6931, Named Combat Mitigation - 7131 (tested on 2 separate zone named)
T3: Resolve - 290, Trash Combat Mitigation - 8041, Named Combat Mitigation - 8041 (tested on A Residual Slim with a star, not sure if considered a named or not though)

T1 Zones:
Fens of Nathsar
The Ruins of Cabilis [Heroic]
Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold [Heroic]
Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated [Event Heroic]

Areanna'se Spire
Forgotten Sanctum [Heroic]
Repository of Secrets [Heroic]
Vessel of the Sorceress [Event Heroics]

Kunzar Jungle
Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market [Heroic]

T2 Zones: