EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Bonz

I was wondering if there are any runes or items that have this effect or similar effect to the ethereal onslaught and ethereal ravaging effect (or all the other ethereal effects for that matter). If not, is there a plan to add them to this expansion?

I'm trying to figure out whether its worth it to take the time to do all the prerequisites on a scout. In the current state, these runes are so powerful that you are essentially gimped without them.

If not, thats fine, but I might suggest putting these on a status merchant at a high cost to give some people options to realistically acquire them. Or maybe making a "lesser ravaging" rune that is a drop or even mastercrafted that may grant 80 fervor instead of the 100 fervor. It would just help close the gap without replacing the runes that people acquired this summer.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
ZUES

I concur. There is an extreme balance problem between scouts with and without the war runes. Oh, and all other ethereals (cloak and jewelry) were rendered useless with new KA gear. So I'm kind of surprised war runes weren't given the same consideration.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
Brightlyz

Was more then enough time to get the runes, not to mention the changes at KA launch that will make them loom.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #4
Toxify

I quit the live server because of the original ethereal unbalancing, among other things. So this isnt about how much time there was. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:19 PM   #5
Brightlyz

K, have fun on TLE.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #6
Erevis Cale

I realize the "in thing" lately on the forums is to bash people. But really, step back and think for a minute. What about the people who come back to the game, or had to take a break, etc? They missed out on these runes. As much as I wish these runes had never been put in the game, hopefully they make them available with the expac so people have current ways to get them.

And yes, I realize they could go farm keys or farm kralet contested and pray (forever.) that they'd see one, but as it has been shown with a LOT of the pre-reqs they're having us do for this expansion, people hate doing old content.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #7
Thilka

There was more than enough time to get runes and jewelry on live, but that's completely irrelevant now. The fact that there was enough time during the promotion doesn't matter if you're someone who is just starting to play now, or even if you're an existing player who wants to play a different archetype.

It's not unreasonable to expect that an essential item (like ethereal ravaging is for my assassin, for example) should be available to get without too much fuss for a new player. The current farming options that are available don't qualify due to the massive time investment required.

Back to the original point, I think that making lesser ethereal runes available as crafted items is a great idea. If the recipe requires a large-ish number of rares it wouldn't be any more unbalancing than the existing runes are.

Make them available for status, money, rares, whatever, just make them available, in a way that doesn't hinge on getting lucky with a rune drop or a key quest from old content.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #8
Stimps

Im one off the people who invested time and money, however I agree these should be available for those who missed or have alt etc
Old 11-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #9
Brightlyz

Ill agree with the crafted version, that would be cool.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #10
Toxify

If war runes are going to unbalance the game that much, and they aren't being replaced, or are unobtainable after xpac launch. I won't play on live servers. I'll just stick with TLE.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #11
Talduke

I would be surprised if the epic 2.0 didn't have some kind of rune like effect making an even playing field and freeing up purple slots. It's the perfect platform to incorporate this sort of thing.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:39 AM   #12
Arieva

They are available in game now..does the drop rate need to be upp'ed a bit on them? Yes I think so.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:21 AM   #13
Bonz

Yeah.. if they decided to change the drop rate in contested then that would help. I don't care how they do it, just was wondering if they were going to provide a realistic alternative to acquire the runes.