EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
ZUES

I think this needs to be toned down just a little bit. Perhaps give it tiers. This would be a good proc for raid gear but I think it's a bit much for solo tier reward items. This is the perfect proc for healer weapons. It pushes them 60-70 mil on the raidwide parse. But I personally think it's a bit much for dps classes.

Edit: Sorry guys. I know you hate me now. LOL

[IMG]
Old 10-30-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
Arieva

I find it funny that they chose to allow any of these procs to crit considering they claimed they wanted to move away from passive damage...
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #3
Sucha

What a surprise. Another nerf an item/spell/proc to nerf the DPS classes thread because I think they do too much.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:01 AM   #4
ZUES

That's what beta testing is for. It's not always about what needs to be increased, sometimes it's about what needs to be reduced.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
Sucha

Not upset with you Zeus. Just always hearing about DPS does too much DPS lol. Cranky old man here that will just have to disagree with you on this one, although I am biased with a conj as my main.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
CSP84

I believe that weapon can crit again is is introduced for the new epics. I imagine it is hard to code only them to crit.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
Fleurs

Your parse show only mythical critical, which are far to happen 100% of the time... According to your graph, regular hit seems WAY lower. Please show a relevant parse of normal critical...
Old 10-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
ZUES

Here ya go. Below the red line are Ascension abilities and class spells.

• Scenario: Guild Hall training dum dum
  • One 8 minute test and one three hour test. 8 minute test includes Ascension abilities.
  • Class: Defiler - the lowest parsing class in EQ2
  • This is the same test used for the image in the first post
[IMG]
Old 10-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #9
duckster

If rending procs are critting then they will be better for raid weapons imo.

Currently on live the devast strike weapons are like 50%+ of peoples dps using them in heroics. With critting it just highlights the need to boost the spell/CAs of classes.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #10
Entropy

In that 3 hour test, I assume you were just afk and autoattacking. Same thing for the 8 minute test? And can I assume that you set up 8 dummies to maximize the relative power of DevStrike?

Either way, that doesn't prove much of anything, other than "autoattack damage is still terrible".

A better metric would be showing proc damage as a total % of your parse in a real combat situation. Most likely single target, since there aren't a ton of raid encounters that have persistent multi-mob situations. Put on two Elemental Rending weapons (since we'll assume mainhand will be Epics for everyone) and see how much that proc does in a real encounter.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
Ansom

The new proc can easy do 70-80% on my dps.. Is to much.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:07 AM   #12
Alway

that depends on the class you are ;P
Old 10-31-2016, 04:08 AM   #13
Alway

then u havent seen good defilers