EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #1
Mercychalice

You gave us uber additions to our classes that came with more abilities...can we please have one or two more spaces added to our hot bars or another 2 hot bars to accommodate the new abilities, pretty please?

Also, just wanted to thank y'all for being on top of polishing the kinks outta the game. It's gonna be fun! Smile
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Maudit

Love this, but I also dread having more hotbars opened to accomodate for the new spells that ascension class will bring...
Old 10-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Xevran

I'm just gonna say that I really don't like the idea of more abilities when I already have three hotbars full of abilities. I haven't really commented on this because I only solo, so I have no idea how this plays into heroic or raid content.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #4
ZUES

I welcome more abilities! One of the best things about EverQuest is not having the "new typical" 7 buttons to push. I love having abilities and spells for different situations. It's one of the reasons I always return to this game.

More hotbars please!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
Xevran

I think that depends what class you play. On my necro? Sure new abilities sounds fun. On my SK not so much, she already has more than she can possibly cast. It's not like I want it to be only 7 buttons, but the problem is that I already have ~40 castable abilities. Like I said though I solo, I know from back when I used to raid that solo players often have very different concerns than people going into heroics and raids. I just see this as more stuff cluttering up my hotbars.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
ZUES

The worst part about hotbars in EQ2 is that every time I buy and new computer, do a factory restore, etc. and have to download a fresh copy of the game, I have to redo all my hotbars. I wish it wasn't saved on the client side. So time consuming!

In reference to beta testing... same problem. It's such a pain in the butt setting up hotbars, windows, group, raid, etc. Wish we could /load_uisettings from live servers.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
Feldon

Why do you have to download a fresh copy of the game? I'm using the same copy of EQ2 I've been porting from computer-to-computer for the last 8 years. EQ2 does not need to be "installed". It barely touches the registry. You can copy EQ2 to an external hard drive or thumbdrive and then restore it to another computer and it just works. I do recommend putting EQ2 in a directory outside your Users directory. My EQ2 is at G:EverQuest II.

I copy Maj'Dul_Feldon_eq2_uisettings.xml from my EQ2 folder to the BetaServer folder and then run /load_uisettings. Works a treat.
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #8
ZUES

I tried that once and it just downloaded a bare bones copy of EQ2. Since that point I've always just downloaded it from the website. Maybe it's time to revisit that and try again.

Thanks for the tip on the copy/paste. I'll try that. Will DarqUI, ProfitUI, Drums, etc copy like that too? Never tried that.

Still would be easier if it was saved on their end.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
Mercychalice

I would welcome a bar that is similar to the channeler or beastlord bar that changes via whichever class you're on - a single hotbar that has the abilities pertaining to the class selected.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
Feldon

To copy your UI over, you have to copy your main EQ2 settings file and then the entire UI directory. But realize that those UIs tend to require updates for Beta and if you experience a bug, you will be asked to revert to the default setting.
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #11
ZUES

I'll try thanks.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Drusi_EQ2

As I said in a similar post, I'd love a lot of these abilities to be consolidated, or made passive in some way, in order to get rid of some of the hotbars and other windows all over the screen. It would be nice to be able to see more of the beautiful scenery of Norrath rather than mostly UI clutter along with sore hands from all the intricate patterns of constant clicking.

Barring that (hee hee) we should at least have an ability bar for ascension as mentioned above so we don't have to try to stuff yet more abilities into an already overflowing and unmanageable system.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:51 PM   #13
Mercychalice

I'd also love the ability to edit my knowledge book in some sort of personal order. To be able to edit sections from where my new spells and abilities first appear in my knowledge book, and move them to editable tabs like Buffs, Combat Skills, Fluff spells, special ability spells (invisibility, certain visions, cataloging, etc.) so that I can clear up some of my hot bars, and be able to quickly find things I want to use instead of having to hunt through my book at times.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:54 PM   #14
Edelphia

You can /savehotkeys on the live server, then copy that file to beta and /loadhotkeys
I've used that for same classes on different servers. Works like a charm BigGrin