EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
avashi

I would like to have something clarified please. The instances opened today and the word is that in order to completed the Sig line a person has to do an Heroic Instance? Please clarify, thank you Smile
avashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:17 AM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

Currently, there are a few quests that require a heroic instance to update the quest. There are also a few that require a solo instance for an update. This is not intended, but was a result of only having some versions of dungeons fully functional at that time in quest development. Now that they are all in, we can correct that issue. It is not intended to be that way.

When you find a quest that requires one or the other, please report it!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
desi

Dying to have you seems to update only in Heroic instance Frown
Old 10-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Kaitheel

Developer

Dying to Have You should be resolved as of the next Beta update, as well as these others:
  • Eye in the Mist
  • A Mist Call
  • Ghosts and Gooblins
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #5
Pitta

The baron's workshop recipe is still not in the solo zone. I heard this was supposed to be fixed today. Is it only in the heroic zone?
Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 AM   #6
Kaitheel

Developer

I'm sorry you were led astray. I identified the bug and resolved it internally today. It won't be on Beta until the next update.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2016, 04:01 AM   #7
Pitta

Thanks!!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
Conifur

I have a question about the recipe. It says I can't open the chest because "only those who have earned the right to carry the legendary Greenmist may open this chest."

I don't mind that HQ is a requirement but can we please get some beta buff that gives us all of them so I don't have to do it in beta then go back and do it on live so I am set for when this goes live? There are reasons I did not do it the first time. Now you will make me do it twice, once to help you in beta and once to help me in live.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #9
Buco

Got the recipe in the solo zone yesterday but, the crafting process refused to work with the components i got from the solo zone, and canceled the crafting process.
Buco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #10
Conifur

If you harvested the mats on a trip other then the one you tried to combine them at it does not work. You need to delete them all and get them again.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, Buco, there was conflict between the components and the recipe (they weren't the same tier). As of the last Beta update this should no longer be a problem. Good luck!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #12
morath

Final update is not duo friendly. When 1 person talks to the end guy and becomes killable only the person that talked is able to open the chest for the recipe.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #13
Jasym

I got all the way to the end. I hailed the last guy and he gave me the key and immediately went aggro so I had to kill him. I went and got the recipe. So now I had the recipe and all the materials to make the weapon, but I get a message that I can't make it because the components are invalid. Someone in guild chat mentioned they had "old" coal and deleted theirs, renewed and it worked. I tried that and I got the weapon. I think if you click on the harvest node (like the coal) more times than you need to it seems to bug it.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #14
Shmogre

Another suggestion I've seen work is to move the ingredients from one bag to another to refresh them.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:51 AM   #15
Kaitheel

Developer

I finally was able to identify the issue with this one today! Darn thing was being extra finicky. Look for the following change in the update notes to know when it hits Beta:
  • Kunark Ascending: A Chosen Weapon - Recipe components are now honored, even if gathered before the recipe is gained.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #16
Kickya

greenmist crafting threw me also , I looted mats then kill boss then got key and scibe recipe it would not craft !

delete all mats , go got them again and return , craft worked now

So to be safe , dont bother getting mats till you have scribed the recipe
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:51 AM   #17
Grouse

I just now ran into the same issue. Deleting/replacing the coal, which I had picked up prior to getting the recipe, cured the problem and I have completed the blade.