EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #31
Naneeje

In the last 2 hours, all 4 of us got our shinies needed but only because we got into Ob 3. Just so you are aware, the same shiny reported underground is in all 3 zone versions.
Now I can continue beta, but be forewarned, sitting on a shiny at launch and opening the window, and then SLR is completely possible, please avoid this Smile
Naneeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #32
Xevran

Changing it to ! actually made it worse because now everyone is just tracking them. If it's designed to be frustrating then it's successful, if not then I think it needs to be changed. It's going to be a nightmare on the live servers if it's not changed in some manner. Personally I would prefer if it worked more similarly to how the RoK language collections worked.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #33
guard

i agree static spawn points and lore and no trade
Old 10-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #34
Tierisch

I have to agree on Maj'Dul that could lead to blood. Heck I remember having to share the Mara Isle carpenter collection with just one other person and we almost came to blows =P
Old 10-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #35
Tierisch

^^ This, I used to love sitting down with friends and chattering on learning each others languages.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #36
Kaitheel

Developer

As of the most recent update:
  • All Cae'Dal language collectibles have been increased, and any rarity removed.
It should go much faster now!
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #37
Tierisch

There still was one I had a lot of trouble getting but after 2 hours persistently looking for the language shinies I finally got it. Compared to folks who said they spent 2 days that's not bad at all.
Did you say you were going to make them red shinies? They are still yellow but with a ! instead of ? .. just FYI.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #38
Tierisch

Use /LOC CLIPBOARD then you can just CTRL V it into the chat channel after.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #39
Xianthia

This certainly helped and it's so much better than at the start, thank you!

I've done the language collection on three characters. Each experience so far has improved.
One character did the collection before I knew it was "needed", that was lucky.
Second one was when it was being discussed (in general chat) that it's needed to continue. Many people hunting them.
Third one was after the changes. Had an abundance of ! shinies. She seemed to get stuck on one of them but at the rate that I could hunt them down it felt much better.

It does feel like there may still be a bit of a rarity being involved on some of them, or it may just be I was after one specific one and wanted right away Tongue

Thanks for the changes.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #40
Kaitheel

Developer

They were for a while, but there was conflict with that (other confusion), so it was changed to yellow. Thankfully, with the other changes that were made, changing the color of the shiny was not such a necessity.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #41
Garten

I know you've said that the rarity was removed, but here are the results from doing this collection today (started it today, finished it today, so no patches in between)

7x Torn Cae'Dal Scroll
5x Dirty Cae'Dal Scroll
1x Pristine Cae'Dal Scroll
8x Worn Cae'Dal Tome
2x Pristine Cae'Dal Tome
10x Chipped Cae'Dal Rune Stone
12x Cracked Cae'Dal Rune Stone
6x Glowing Cae'Dal Rune Stone

I also made huge progress on a couple of other collections as well as completing one entirely. I didn't watch the time since I wasn't at my desk the entire time, but it definitely took me more than a few hours to complete this. I don't know if this language quest is meant to be a bottleneck/gating point in the timeline, but it is right now, and this is going to be ragequit worthy for a lot of folks once it goes to live like this Frown
Old 10-19-2016, 01:35 AM   #42
Kaitheel

Developer

You were right! My change, removing the rarity seems to have been reverted. I'll submit that again!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2016, 01:44 AM   #43
Xianthia

AHA! so my feeling was a true and not just me wanting the shiny right away TongueTongue
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote