EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2005, 03:33 AM   #61
Brusilov

Loremaster

/supertjemet
Old 03-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #62
Aelissa

Loremaster

Pheliac wrote:

Still want a /[Removed for Content] comand though. :smileywink:

*giggle*

that was positively more funny then anything Jay Leno's writers could possibly come up with!

*raises her eyebrow*

you were joking....right?

*wink*

Old 03-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #63
Shadowhawk2a

There is a pizza command?

what wont they think of next.

Shadowhawk2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #64
CaldorTefen

/content
/actualupdates
/betterengine
Old 03-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #65
Pheliac

Loremaster

Aelissa wrote:

Pheliac wrote:

*raises her eyebrow*

you were joking....right?

*wink*

Err, of course I was joking! Besides, it says 'Unknown command'...  *cough*

I should also mention I stole the idea off one of the other 308 threads on this topic. The fact that /pizza has caused more posts than any in-game change (besides maybe the horse nerf :smileywink: ) is, to me, bizarre. But then again, I am English: perhaps I'd get worked up if they implemented a /kebab command. :smileyvery-happy:

Old 03-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #66
LotusT

Actually the most in game change that has more posts than you would believe is the various screw ups they did to tradeskillers in the last couple of patches. If you want to see a true "hailstorm" of posts go to the Tradeskillers arena on virtually every type of tradeskiller class save
provisioner. Many of the more interesting ones were either moved to the glasshouse or deleted completely tho I believe.

YIH
Lilacflame

And thanks for the addy of the cartoonist, I will have to check him out.

What we do in this Life echoes throughout Eternity,,,,,,,,
LotusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #67
Pandergosk Pie'Voluti

Hey, Leno makes fun of Bush all the time, but somehow he hasn't been impeached...
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #68
quietl

General

First off, whoever came up with this gimmick was a marketing genius IMHO, both companies making alot of money off it. How many of you actually sit down to play and decide to order out? If  it was /McDonalds and they delivered bet they could do same thing. Do you ever watch TV? how about the Superbowl? did you get all bent out of shape on the commercials they showed then? If you don't want to see commercials on TV you switch channels (usually to another commercial) in EQ2 you just don't use the /pizza command, its that simple. 

When a dancing pizza is seen dancing across the Commonland/Antonica then we should really start to worry, but then again you all would be attacking him to  find the UBER pizza loots.

My 2 cps

Message Edited by quietlee on 03-07-2005 08:23 AM

quietl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #69
Kabil

-AtPlay- wrote:

Yeah, Im sorry, if you cant think of a good WoW putdown, it has nothing to do with a /pizza command. Hell, just say something like, "Well sorry, my servers are up most of the time, so I dont have the luxury of using the phone that you WoW players do." Either that or just say, "Oh, you're one to talk...your whole [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] game is an add for Crayola crayons..."

God .. its about time someone came out and said it .. I swear my 2 year old niece had her hand in some of the coloring for that game.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:01 AM   #70
Follier

Loremaster

quietlee wrote:
When a dancing pizza is seen dancing across the Commonland/Antonica then we should really start to worry, but then again you all would be attacking him to find the UBER pizza loots.
Heh.. Guilty. I'd be after that Pepperoni Shillaly of Throttling! Cmoooon lottery!My only concern is whether the delivery guy is going to know that I ordered from EQ2.... kind of embarrassing actually.--------Also... points to LordTwisted for the Leisuresuit Larry reference. Cheers.

--------------------------------
--- Inquisitor Cogglesworth (no relation to the esteemed professor)
--- Bruiser Sekigan Chuu
--- Illusionist Follier Feintcraft

--- Toxxulia Server ---
Follier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:58 AM   #71
Bleusong

Loremaster

i want /callinsicktowork command><
Bleusong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:00 AM   #72
LordTwist

quietlee wrote:

When a dancing pizza is seen dancing across the Commonland/Antonica then we should really start to worry, but then again you all would be attacking him to  find the UBER pizza loots.

My 2 cps

Message Edited by quietlee on 03-07-2005 08:23 AM

I'm telling you now. If they add a rare spawn pizza to any zone in the game it [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] well better drop coupons as loot. and I mean good coupons not this save $2 crud I mean you earned a free pizza coupon. Does pizza hut even have a mascot? Maybe if they had a mascot they could make him run around norrath with a free coupon book he drops? Maybe uber loot like "Throwing pizzas of might" or a "Pizza cutter" maybe a tadeskill pizza oven for your home?
LordTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #73
Infinities-end

Loremaster

I have only one thing to say to all of you people complaining about the /pizza command (among other things).  If you feel something needs to be fixed or changed...

OMG...do I dare?

Hmmm...should I?

Ok...here goes...

Use the [Removed for Content] /FEEDBACK command!

Otherwise shut up and get a life.
Infinities-end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #74
ibeo

Loremaster

omg you mean Sony likes to make money? wow that thought never croossed my mind:smileyvery-happy:

it's pizza people...come on...if nothing else it is the fastest way to open the web while in game
Old 03-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #75
Jai

As a point of contention, the SOE All Access pass is, at its core, a way for SOE Customers to be able to enjoy multiple SOE games without paying multiple subscription fees. The addition of character slots and free adventure packs are bonuses on top of this base. So excuse them for not wanting to gouge the players who enjoy more than one of their products.

Seriously, all five of them.  It was a good idea when it was first introduced and I admit I had signed up for it orignally because I was playing Planetside and EQ1, but these other games are garbage now.  Whether you were already playing them or not it doesn't debate the fact that witholding these character slots and then allowing them exclusively as part of the all access pass was a deliberate desperate attempt at selling failing games to people who didn't want them to begin with.  Anyway, its just one move in a list of many that includes /pizza.. that has me and others feeling sad about the future of this game.

Message Edited by Jaide on 03-08-2005 08:17 AM

Jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #76
DragonJ

LordTwisted wrote:

Don't be stupid. They didn't put Pizza hut billboards all over the game, they added a command you never have to see or even acknowledge is there. It's not something that is in your face all the time. It is a gimmick that SOE created and put together for it's customers.
Oh, so the image of Lucan holding a pizza doesn't bother you? and make the game itself seem like a gimmick?http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/Personally, I wouldnt want the game, and characters from the game, that I like playing advertising a pizza or anything else. That's called selling out. If you're going to do "real world" advertising at least make it something in tune with the game, maybe like advertising it at a Ren fair or at the next Gen con or something like that. How do the devs sleep at night?
DragonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #77
Arsen

Dolf Goodcheese wrote:
SOE must be loving that primetime free advertising.

No kidding.  I doubt the ad money from Pizza Hut was anything substantial, but all the free publicity they are getting over this "feature" probably makes this an overwhelming success for SOE.  Any Pub is good Pub right?

Let's keep the discussion out of the realm of the absurd. - SOELegal
Arsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #78
Jai

Infinities-end wrote:
I have only one thing to say to all of you people complaining about the /pizza command (among other things).  If you feel something needs to be fixed or changed...

OMG...do I dare?

Hmmm...should I?

Ok...here goes...

Use the [Removed for Content] /FEEDBACK command!

Otherwise shut up and get a life.

Or maybe you should take your own advice and stop trolling the forums.  If you don't want to participate in a discussion about /pizza (after all that's what the forums are for) then don't click on a thread with /pizza in the topic.
Jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #79
Rhid

My god people, its just a command, no one is making you use /pizza, if you dont like it just ignore it i dont see what the big deal is. OMG sonys trying to make extra $$ whats so bad about that? ok the /pizza thing frist time i saw it i laughed its funny, i dunno why ppl get so mad about it...
Old 03-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #80
Kendricke

Loremaster

Rorina wrote:

Pheliac wrote:
So /pizza has been mentioned on Jay Leno, cnn and yahoo. That's worth $$ to SOE, and it means more people to group with on my server, and SOE will have more cash to spend on fixing bugs / adding content.
/shrug I can live with that. Don't see why people are 'leaving the game' because of this. Grow up.

Grow up? LOL I've already done that. Maybe the developers and the community could "grow up" and not put such useless commands in the game. Maybe they could be fixing some of the many bugs that plague the game instead of /pizza, /[Removed for Content], /poop commands. Maybe they should actually encourage their player base that real life does count and you should walk away from the computer every now and again.

Instead of telling us to grow up, how about getting some perspective. /pizza makes EQ2 look like a joke. But then again, it is now, and Jay Leno proved that.

Thank you for spending your time on an online game's out-of-game message board to tell the rest of us that we need to get away from the computer more. 

By the way, getting a joke made about you during Jay Leno's opening monologue isn't usually viewed as a negative thing.  It usually means you've arrived.  It's like saying that a Friar's Club Roast about you is a bad thing because everyone's insulting you publically.

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #81
RipFlex

Loremaster

Americans get all worked up on the simple minded things as /pizza  from EQ2 and DOH !!! from Homer Simpson.  Simple things amuse simple minds... Including Jay Leno.

It's just a game, it's just a command.

BTW need /beer with my /pizza,   DOH !!!?

RipLee TigerTail - Ratonga Monk/Wood Worker (70/54)

RipJack Monterey- Ratonga Guardian (70)

Riplyre Dredwind - Fae Dirge/Alch (70/30)

RipFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #82
Kendricke

Loremaster

DragonJAJ wrote:

LordTwisted wrote:

Don't be stupid. They didn't put Pizza hut billboards all over the game, they added a command you never have to see or even acknowledge is there. It's not something that is in your face all the time. It is a gimmick that SOE created and put together for it's customers.

Oh, so the image of Lucan holding a pizza doesn't bother you? and make the game itself seem like a gimmick?
http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/

Personally, I wouldnt want the game, and characters from the game, that I like playing advertising a pizza or anything else. That's called selling out. If you're going to do "real world" advertising at least make it something in tune with the game, maybe like advertising it at a Ren fair or at the next Gen con or something like that.

How do the devs sleep at night?

Great idea!  Instead of trying to expand the market and make the game more inclusive, we should continue to attempt to appeal only to an incredibly specific elitist subculture of the population so that we can retain our "street cred"?

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:12 AM   #83
devinmccla

Heh,Reading this forum just gave me a strong craving for pizza hut... SMILEY
devinmccla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:21 AM   #84
Therios Gatos

Loremaster

Me too! But I can't order a pizza until the servers come back up. I tried the "/pizza" at a DOS prompt and it fussed at me about something like command not found or some such nonsense.

I sure am getting hungry though. Can't wait until the game comes back up so that I can order some food!! On top of that, I can't even go to the bathroom yet. I can't set /afk either until I can log on!

Geesh!

PS. I LOVE the /pizza command. It never shows up in game. You never know when someone invokes it. if you don't like it then don't use it or ask if I am.

/rant off
/funny hope-so
Therios Gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #85
Kerfuffle

Loremaster

Shadow_Lore wrote:

Rorina wrote:

BRavens wrote:
He talked about it and then said something like...

"How Pathetic! What's next? No need to ever get up from playing...we're gonna hook IV's up to our arms and just keep on playing."

This is part of whats really turned me off from EQ2. Their commercializing the game in a way thats, really inappropriate. I remember when Anarchy Online had Alienware billboards in its cities. People got really upset about them, dunno if they ever patched them out. But /pizza is just bad. Yup the advertising is good for SOE, but basically shows how "bubblegum" the game is how slapstick the community is since... well, no one has a problem with it it seems.

Imagine that a FOR PROFIT company trying to make money off of advertising.  I have to finally say it to all the complainers........If you don't like the game, then don't play it.  I play this, SWG, and WoW.  I enjoy each, because they each are unique in gameplay and services.

These complaints are sometimes too melodramatic.  Not everything is perfect, and don't let a game get you all worked up. 

There are other events that will do that to you ie. watching your bud get blown up by an IED in Iraq.

So take a deep breath......

And order some pizza...............

Shadow (Live from Iraq)

ps We have Pizza Hut over here on post, but they don't deliver unfortunately SMILEY

Amen, brother.

/beer To your safe and prompt return to the home and family that loves you, misses you, and gives thanks for your sacrifice.

Coochie coochie coo!
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:33 AM   #86
LordTwist

DragonJAJ wrote:

LordTwisted wrote:

Oh, so the image of Lucan holding a pizza doesn't bother you? and make the game itself seem like a gimmick?

Personally, I wouldnt want the game, and characters from the game, that I like playing advertising a pizza or anything else. That's called selling out. If you're going to do "real world" advertising at least make it something in tune with the game, maybe like advertising it at a Ren fair or at the next Gen con or something like that.

On mattress's stuffed with money.....

Oh my god a simple JPG on a website showing lucan holding a pizza does not kill the immersion of the game. If it took something as stupid as that I would have lost interest in this game the first day I log to the forums.

You want to talk about funny advertising, check out wow.stratics.com  unless it;s been fixed it is the WoW strat page..sponsered by EQ2....

Old 03-09-2005, 03:36 AM   #87
LordTwist

Kendricke wrote:

DragonJAJ wrote:

LordTwisted wrote:

Great idea!  Instead of trying to expand the market and make the game more inclusive, we should continue to attempt to appeal only to an incredibly specific elitist subculture of the population so that we can retain our "street cred"?

What did he say?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:36 AM   #88
LordTwist

RipFlex wrote:
Americans get all worked up on the simple minded things as /pizza  from EQ2 and DOH !!! from Homer Simpson.  Simple things amuse simple minds... Including Jay Leno.

It's just a game, it's just a command.

BTW need /beer with my /pizza,   DOH !!!?

Eat my shorts dude!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:46 AM   #89
Viln

I don't suppose we could get a break on our monthly bills now, do you? I don't care if they want to make money, but how about spreading some of the wealth?

Oooh!! How about an ad server! All the weapons, houses, landscapes have advertisements on them, and the whole thing would be free for those who bought the game! And then both sides of the argument could put their money where their mouth is: If you really hate it, could you still pass up free? Or if you love it/don't care, could you really stand full-blown commercialization?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #90
Balazam

General

we all know big business is out there to make thier customers "feel" good ..... what color is the sky in your world?

Balazam is offline   Reply With Quote