EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Official News and Announcements
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Grimwell

Community Relations

On Tuesday, February 6th, 2007 we will be changing forum software. Transitioning to a new forum system gives us the opportunity to offer you new features and allows us to update and upgrade the system as often as needed.

During the transition period, there will be no official forums available for 48 hours.  We will, however, have a single temporary bulletin board available to you during this time. 

If any of this information changes, we will post updates in our announcement forum – so be on the lookout! 

In the meantime, we've put together a list below of important information about the message board migration.  PLEASE make sure to read it carefully and let us know if you have any additional questions.

THE GENERAL FACTS

• The forum change will begin on Tuesday, February 6th, 2007.
  • There will be no official forums available at that time.
  • A temporary forum will be available for you to use while the change occurs.

FORUMS BEING MOVED

During the migration, we are taking advantage of the opportunity to scale-down the size of the database so we can better consolidate and keep track of EQII-related conversations.  Further details about which discussions will be carried over will be shared shortly.

HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOUR STUFF?

• Your Forum Handles and post counts will be transferred from the existing forums to the new forums.
  • Your bookmarks, subscriptions, friend lists etc. will NOT transfer over to the new forums. If you currently use any of these features, you will want to make note of them before the transition so that you can set them up once again after the transition occurs.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER…

• If there are any specific posts that you would like to keep , save them!!!  This includes player guides or other lists you may have created to share with the rest of the community. Some examples might be your:
    • Guides
    • FAQ's
    • Stories
  • Posts from the temporary bulletin board will not be moved to the new forums.  If you post anything you want to keep, remember to save it and repost it once the new boards are up.
  • Once the new forums are live we will provide information on its new features!
UPDATE: This transition has been moved to Feb. 6th so it does not interfere with patching.

Message Edited by Grimwell on 01-26-2007 01:19 PM

Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
Sulas

Loremaster

I don't know if it's just me, but the default text size and color make the forums very difficult to read. Did you mean to lock this thread?
Tiger pet + snowballs = happy ranger
Sulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #3
Inuyas

General

Sulas wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but the default text size and color make the forums very difficult to read. Did you mean to lock this thread?
Thy are very busy atm so when thy can thy might lock the forum so no one can post under the Official News and Announcements thread.
Inuyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
Shadowdragoon

Loremaster

Inuyasha wrote:
Sulas wrote:
Thy are very busy atm so when thy can thy might lock the forum so no one can post under the Official News and Announcements thread.
you can only hope its for fixing last minute bugs they have forgotten to take the time to lock this thread. SMILEY

Shadowdragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Leorange

Loremaster

It looks very nice! wtg.

And this thread is not locked no SMILEY

Q: I don't see any ways to 'edit' my former posts?

Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
BK613

Loremaster

the forums have a lot of issues that need resolving before they are perfect again. and who can resist posting here hehe
BK613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
Yigal

Champion

Is it possible to post something that says the Sign In/Change User is where you sign in to the forums as well, it just took me an hour to figure out how to post on these boards.
Yigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
Kaalenarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks

Loremaster

So I experimented with the new "persona" feature and now I cant post, or add to the postcount of, my regular forum name for 24 hours?? Why not? And where was the warning for that? If you're going to let people post under different names - a scary thought imho. Then why lock us out of the other names for 24 hours?  

"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." - Gary Gygax

Kaalenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Fried_Yo

General

Has anyone else realized that we're posting in the Announcements forum in a Dev thread?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Manyak

Tester

id also like to be able to edit my own posts pls
Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
Manyak

Tester

Oh and as for post count, i had like 1300 on the old forums now i have like 5.....
Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
Looker1010

ZAM Copy Editor

Hugely disappointed. Don't see this as an improvement, in fact it's a step backward in the user area. Might be better from a software standpoint but users don't see that. We see the UI and this one is in need of a lot of work. No edit button for posts Signature window in profile way too small No guild or server information listed if you post under your forum account handle Ability to post under every one of your character's names. Why??

Merle 51 Conjurer / 50 Woodworker ... Miriamne 78 Warden / 87 Tailor

Morningstar 85 Paladin / 90 Alchemist ... Ogadia 73 Monk / 80 Carpenter

Test Server

Wamira 80 Warden / 80 Provisioner ... Breppa 64 Ranger / 71 Carpenter
Miriamne 66 Guardian / 73 Tailor ... Ariela 64 Conjurer / 72 Jeweler
Pasharia 52 Paladin / 71 Wood Worker ... Berengeria 50 Wizard / 74 Armorer
Taliana 65 Monk / 80 Alchemist ... Lavinia 54 Warlock / 70 Weaponsmith
Sadye 44 Coercer / 74 Sage ... Sarita 59 Bruiser

Kithicor - Retired
Looker1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Looker1010 wrote:
Hugely disappointed. Don't see this as an improvement, in fact it's a step backward in the user area. Might be better from a software standpoint but users don't see that. We see the UI and this one is in need of a lot of work. No edit button for posts Signature window in profile way too small No guild or server information listed if you post under your forum account handle Ability to post under every one of your character's names. Why??

Add...

No bookmarking...

No display of newest threads on the main page...

Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Kenazeer wrote:
Looker1010 wrote:

Add...

No bookmarking...

No display of newest threads on the main page...

Ummm....and what the h e double toothpicks is up with the user profiles...it seems to be picking up who was quoted or replied to? Notice all the Feb 13 Mistmoores.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #15
DerDrac

General

I have to post here just because we usually aren't allowed. Some constructive information. How is everyone logging into the forums?????? When i go to the home page I have to click on PM someone before i get a login prompt.... Why??
DerDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #16
Landlubber

Loremaster

DerDrache wrote:
I have to post here just because we usually aren't allowed. Some constructive information. How is everyone logging into the forums?????? When i go to the home page I have to click on PM someone before i get a login prompt.... Why??
I didn't even have to sign in, apparently it still remembered me from my login on the temp forum yesterday... or, the fact that I mistakenly went to the EQ forum instead of EQ2 and signed in there might have something to do with it... Anyway, these boards still have quite a way to go in the features department...