EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Domino

Loremaster

In EverQuest II, we are currently celebrating Frostfell; and for twelve days of Frostfell, we're picking one top selling item per day and putting it on sale at a huge discount for that one day only.  The items will change over around 10-11am (pacific time) each morning from now until the 24th of December.  Be sure to check in each day to see what's on sale.

And on the first day of Frostfell... pick up the beautiful original pegasus mount for only 600SC!

Check out the "sale" tab in the marketplace to find it; only till tomorrow morning, so don't miss it!  Watch this forum or log in each day to see the new sale items.

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Stormflint
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Scions of Swig

Loremaster

<--- Underwhelmed

Stormflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Grycks

Loremaster

In the spirit of the holidays I would like to say I'm happy for the folks who waited to buy these items especially if previously they could not afford them and now can.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
megaira13

Loremaster

I'm sorry, but while this:

"This could be a new item, a sale or a new feature, you'll need to login daily to find out what's happening in your game!"

does mentions sales...  it was not quite how I translated the entire "12 days" would go.

I'm not logging in every day just to see what is on sale for SC.  I will log in if there's a nifty item to claim.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Stormflint
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Scions of Swig

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

"This could be a new item, a sale or a new feature, you'll need to login daily to find out what's happening in your game!"

does mentions sales...  it was not quite how I translated the entire "12 days" would go.

I'm not logging in every day just to see what is on sale for SC.  I will log in if there's a nifty item to claim.

<--- pwn'd

Stormflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
wickedss99

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wickedss99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
SlawSlayer

Loremaster

Is this item an Heirloom?  Also where are the SC sales? 

Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
apwyork

Loremaster

This is not really what I envisioned as "12 days of frostfell"  I didn't really read the previous annoucements but I pictured more in lines of entering the game to find or do something, not station shop.

Besides, this mount was on sale day after thanksgiving for 450 so anyone who wanted it probably already has it.  I know I bought 3 SMILEY

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
shots01

Lord

apwyork wrote:

This is not really what I envisioned as "12 days of frostfell"  I didn't really read the previous annoucements but I pictured more in lines of entering the game to find or do something, not station shop.

Besides, this mount was on sale day after thanksgiving for 450 so anyone who wanted it probably already has it.  I know I bought 3

Some of us dont have oodles of SC.  Some of us couldn't buy it then.  But can now and appreciate the discount, even if it isn't as big as the one at thanksgiving.  Its still a discount.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
Arkast

Loremaster

If we're going to get 12 days of marketplace specials, I'd like to see what they all are in advance. I don't have oodles of SC to play around with either, so I'd hate to buy something only to see a more desired item go on sale the next day.

*Sitting on my cash*

Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Cloudrat

Tester

On the first day of Frostfell, SoE gave to me...

A slightly lower priced steed...♪♫

Old 12-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
Mizlek

Loremaster

How about fixing one item from GU61 each of the 12 days? That would be fun and festive.

-Miz

Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
megaira13

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

LOL 

Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
Arcturys

Lord

Cloudrat wrote:

LOL! Have a cookie.

Mizlek wrote:

How about fixing one item from GU61 each of the 12 days? That would be fun and festive.

-Miz

Agreed. It would also be nice to see something like they did for the last couple days of Nights of the Dead - mailing us a different item each day that we logged in.

I'm sorry Domino, but it just seems pretty cheesy to excitedly remind us to log in every day for the 12 Days of Frostfell when all it boils down to is logging in every day so that we can give SOE more money. I figured like others that it would be some free gift or, as I mentioned, something we'd get in the mailbox as we did for Nights of the Dead.

Arcturys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #15
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Remind yourselves of that the next time you walk by a store and they have a 30% off sale on selected items.

Its not for everyone, fine but there is just no pleasing some people at all it seems. 

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #16
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

IIRC for this or a similar thing last year, we actually got stuff... Is this year just going to be stuff on sale in the marketplace or are we going to be getting stuff?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #17
Grycks

Loremaster

For those desiring free stuff that do not mind it being fluff, can go see Santa Glug daily in the Frostfell Village zone. For some folks, that might just be enough. SMILEY

Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Raienya

Loremaster

Note to SOE:

Please change the name of this "event" to "The 12 SC Sale Days of Frostfell".

Seriously, calling this a gift event when the items are for sale on the SC store? Count me as completely underwhelmed.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

okay so day 1 was a sale. there's 11 more days. geeze people get a grip.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
msgnomer

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

okay so day 1 was a sale. there's 11 more days. geeze people get a grip.

Actually, one of the announcements said that each day it was going to be another station cash item on sale.

I like Santa Glug.

Hall of Fame: Help Feed the Dragons! (No, you won't be the food!)

Look for Poet's Dungeon: The Mad Poet's Release returning soon.

----------

Aluriel's chronicle of a scavanger hunt through 50 player decorated homes and guildhalls:.... http://photobucket.com/AlurielsAdventure

msgnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
Elorah

Loremaster

Just like the expansion, they can not please everyone and they would go crazy trying to.

Thanks for the event!  I am sure that some people will enjoy it

Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #22
Iad

Loremaster

Why not just put entire Marketplace categories on sale each day, and let people choose which item they want to purchase?

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #23
simianthief

Lord

Underwhelmed as well.  The initial announcement had me excited because I was looking forward to a nice shiney in the mail, maybe a sale item or two and some new stuff scattered about.  

Meh.  Press reset and let's try again.  Don't get me wrong pegasus is nice and all, but if I had wanted one I would have jumped on the Thanksgiving sale.  Then again many people are newly returned and missed it, so it's cool that it's there.  

Anxiously awaiting the second day's "gifts".

simianthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
Creame

Loremaster

Am I the only one that "Really" doesn't care about SC items for the 12 Days of Frostfell??? I mean come on!!! Not everyone has just tons on top of tons of SC to spend on these items. I know I don't. And Hello its Christmas time I'd bet a good many of us have better places to be spending our money then on SC, like our kids and family members. And its Frostfell ( aka Christmas ) so why do we have to " Pay " for a " Gift ". Shouldn't this stuff be free??? in the spirit of " Giving " How about Double XP or maybe some free stuff like yall did for NoTD??? And for waiting a day and a half for AOD and so far we have seen nothing to make up for this delay, why not make it up now in the 12 days of FF???
Creame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #25
Nrgy

Lord

DominoDev wrote:

In EverQuest II, we are currently celebrating Frostfell; and for twelve days of Frostfell, we're picking one top selling item per day and putting it on sale at a huge discount for that one day only.  The items will change over around 10-11am (pacific time) each morning from now until the 24th of December.  Be sure to check in each day to see what's on sale.

And on the first day of Frostfell... pick up the beautiful original pegasus mount for only 600SC!

Check out the "sale" tab in the marketplace to find it; only till tomorrow morning, so don't miss it!  Watch this forum or log in each day to see the new sale items.

Huge....  that made me LOL!  It is 350 sc off, when it was 450 sc off just two weeks ago.  How is 1/3 off in any way HUGE!  I suppose the black frieday sale must have been Colossal under those definitions.  Huge would imply more than 50%.  Someone needs to choose their words more carefully.  BTW, anyone at SOE care to share how many were bought?  My guess is the only people that would even have considered buying this slightly discounted SC item would be the returning veteran players which left after having already purchased DOV.  So, not that many.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #26
Arianah

Loremaster

I agree with posts made by both sides of the argument. After last years 12 Days of Velious promotion I thought this would be similar to that and/or the few items we got in the mail for Nights of the Dead, and was excited to see what each day would be. To find out it was just a new sale each day was a little disappointing.

However, going back and reading both the general and the EverQuest II announcement, no where did they mention "gift," so I think some of us jumped the gun on that one with assumptions.

12 Days of Holidays isn't an innaccurate title, if what we gathered about this is that each day will be a new sale item, then it's still 12 Days of Holidays... each day will be a different item on sale for the holiday /shrug.

Having said that, I think this would have been the perfect opportunity to prove that the players who think SoE/EQII just want to take money from our pockets are wrong, by doing something similar to the 12 Days of Velious promotion or the Nights of the Dead mailed items. (And to clarify, no I'm not one of those players.)

[email protected] wrote:

In the spirit of the holidays I would like to say I'm happy for the folks who waited to buy these items especially if previously they could not afford them and now can.

Ditto

I also agree a calendar of the items to go on sale would be nice. To prevent from overspending during the holiday season and still be able to get an item we'd really want (maybe the Uncanny Estate? *wink wink*), or to avoid waiting for a specific item to go on sale only for it not to, and miss all the previous opportunities.

Arianah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
Gorjuss
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Keepers of the Light

Loremaster

First I would like to say this...The Spirit of Christmas is giving and while SOE chose to lower the price of an item as a gift it's still a gift and the whining and complaining about it just shows the ungratefulness of folks. Yes, it's a for sale item that kinda sucks but SOE is also a business and I believe even Walmart is calling their Christmas sales something fancy and implying all kinds of things so stop acting whiny and surprised.

Second, I would LOVE to know what was going to be on sale next if it's about strictly sales in the market I have my eye on some of the kilts but I haven't much SC to spend lol

Third: Merry Christmas to all the folks at SOE

Gorjuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
SlawSlayer

Loremaster

What's today sale item?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #29
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

SlawSlayer wrote:

What's today sale item?

Domino said in the OP....

"The items will change over around 10-11am (pacific time) each morning from now until the 24th of December.  Be sure to check in each day to see what's on sale."

That still gives us a 90 minute wait.  Patience SMILEY

Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Domino

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The fact we're putting some items on sale does not preclude the possibility of anything else happening also.  We already have a TON of shiny new stuff out there from the expansion right now too (including an entire free revamp of Freeport) so I do hope there's plenty to keep folks entertained this Frostfell season whether or not they are interested by sales. SMILEY

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote