EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #331
Aklira

Lord

zokissa wrote:

This is great for us returning folks.... but I do have a question? My live account was on a European server. I would love to transfer my main character to the  US server that I am playing on now but have found that splitpaw is the only European server listed. I played on Runnyeye. I found an article on transferring characters but it was dated 2009. Is this the current practice $25 for character transfer or has that changed since then? Can we even transfer our characters anymore? I would really love to get her back as she has items that were discontinued and you can't get anymore not to mention she was the only character that I got to level 80.... 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated....

Zokissa

Last I knew there were still transfer tokens but I'm not sure of the current cost.

If they are available on the station cash store (they used to be but I haven't checked recently) you might be able to save a bit of money by waiting for a double or triple sc event to purchase.

Aklira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #332
Darkdourden

Loremaster

It's a pity, i cant Quote what moderators says about grandfathering characters before de F2P, maybe i dont know how to, not very used to post on forums, but if after weeks or months of making this game F2P they have decided to grandfather characters, but theres still ppl that defends that its not fair or something or maybe i dont get it at all.

15USD? expensive no i dont think so, in my position i should be able to afrod that, but since i could play this game for only 2 days per week it doesn't deserve to pay it.

I'd like to know that if SoE decide to definitely remove gold/silver subscription removing the montly fee, keeping market and keep making new exp packs that i would definitely pay. Would you agree or not with that? or would you feel bad because while they keep earning money, (probably enough if not more since free mmorpgs are getting mayor income with microtransactions) your not paying your 15USD - 14€ that makes you feel better with your self?

You should know that what i mention in the previous paragraph is highly probably to happen since the growing mmorpg market, and in my opinion SoE is making a race against this to earn all the money they can before making it this way, so why dont you guys break your mental wall out of the basics of the economy and try to think on it in an other way?

Maybe years ago i would think like you Aklira, i dont mean that im totally right but what i say i think makes sense and is the fairest way for everyone that wants to play this game.

Darkdourden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #333
akin99

Lord

SOE only wants players who are willing to spend money to play. I dont see why you dont understand this. If they unlock all of your items and toons what incentive do you have to ever pay them any money.

I know this game is very gear driven basicly the FTP is designed to give you a extended free trial then convince you to subscribe or spend in the cash shop.

I think a 15-30 day free gold membership for returning players might be nice but really that is about the limit to what they should offer. You can play all the way to 90 in tresured items and adept spells. Now if you want to do DOV yes you will have to buy unlockers or sub that is really to be expected.

Every FTP game has some point where the FTP just no longer works that is by design. SOE doesnt want FTP customers they want and need paying customers.

akin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #334
Grimfang

Loremaster

I still think they *** veterans that are returning or dont/didnt want to sub when the game went F2P. Why am I stating that? Well, you see, all that gear you managed to get your hands on, say legendary/fabled. You now somehow magically cannot use that equipment.

What they should have done was:The gear you have amassed BEFORE the game went F2P you can still use, I mean, the veterans DID work hard for that gear.

But oh well, what do I care anyways? I am not playing anymore. But just wanted to went the above.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #335
savedx

Loremaster

So hear me out guys. I get an email EQ2 is now f2p and not just f2p "free to play your way". So i log into my account thinking wow i get to play the game ive payed for all these years for free cool. Then the game is done loading poof my character has no gear.  How is a game that is so gear oriented going to be played with out gear?    Now im not saying that you shouldnt pay for unlocks for future gear that you get but the gear you had on should still be useable for that toon. As far as the money argument im lucky if i have enought money to have internet/gas money let alone paying for a game every month.   The main argument im seeing here is how is it sonys fault that you dont have any money?   Its not but if you are going to claim that a game is going to be free to play your way using the words they provided.   I would assume since you are sending the email to vetrans that the gear they had on at the time they loged out would still be usable by them.   The state of the game when i quit was not good to begin with let alone what it probly looks like now with tor.   If you want to be a pay to play game then get rid of the silver/bronze subs but being free to play atleast means you should have what you earned before you quit.

savedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #336
Sai

Loremaster

savedx wrote:

So hear me out guys. I get an email EQ2 is now f2p and not just f2p "free to play your way". So i log into my account thinking wow i get to play the game ive payed for all these years for free cool. Then the game is done loading poof my character has no gear.  How is a game that is so gear oriented going to be played with out gear?    Now im not saying that you shouldnt pay for unlocks for future gear that you get but the gear you had on should still be useable for that toon. As far as the money argument im lucky if i have enought money to have internet/gas money let alone paying for a game every month.   The main argument im seeing here is how is it sonys fault that you dont have any money?   Its not but if you are going to claim that a game is going to be free to play your way using the words they provided.   I would assume since you are sending the email to vetrans that the gear they had on at the time they loged out would still be usable by them.   The state of the game when i quit was not good to begin with let alone what it probly looks like now with tor.   If you want to be a pay to play game then get rid of the silver/bronze subs but being free to play atleast means you should have what you earned before you quit.

Agreed. I stopped playing in 2010. Now I downloaded the game, and I was really happy (almost cried ^_^SMILEY, when I saw my good old character on my screen. I loged in, and I was nude, since all my stuff is Fabled (the shard set from the Void) with my old mythical weapon. It's a nice move to make old characters "grandfater", but once I was able to wield these armors and gear, why not now?

It's a nice move indeed, but not even close to perfect.

Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #337
HotRod

Loremaster

Had my account slip into F2P status and realized even though I bought AoD I can't play my Beastlord because I had to make it after AoD came out, therefore I need to buy a race pack for it.  Assuming I ever try F2P I doubt I would bother, all my character slots are full of characters level 50+, and most are tradeskillers (@90).  I find it annoying that just  because Sony chose to roll them (F2P and AoD) out together I don't get my BM grandfathered.

HR

HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #338
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

HotRod wrote:

Had my account slip into F2P status and realized even though I bought AoD I can't play my Beastlord because I had to make it after AoD came out, therefore I need to buy a race pack for it.  Assuming I ever try F2P I doubt I would bother, all my character slots are full of characters level 50+, and most are tradeskillers (@90).  I find it annoying that just  because Sony chose to roll them (F2P and AoD) out together I don't get my BM grandfathered.

HR

Beastlord is a Class not a race, as you already know, the rest is self explainitory and no different than if a Karren Guardian switched from Gold to bronze.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote