EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I'm in the UK, playing on US servers cos of friends.  Preordered back in Jan.  No probs downloading when I launched today, took about 40 mins or so.

No idea why it wouldn't work for others outside US, should just update itself. SMILEY

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
boskaron

Loremaster

I am getting the same error:

[17:26:51] Patcher: Downloading Distribution Main Distribution ------------------[17:26:51] Patcher: Downloading commonlands.vpk [dloadsize=32625910; totalsize=32625910; crc=-749565901][17:27:11] Patcher: curl_easy_perform failed (28,22): The requested URL returned error: 404[17:27:11] Patcher: DownloadFileEx failed (2SMILEY on url=http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com:80/patch/eq2/europe/patch1/common-main/paks/commonlands.vpk_delta_5.gz[17:27:11] Patcher: Error with partial patch, cancelling immediately. File: commonlands.vpk

boskaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #33
Shoushin

Loremaster

yeah, same. there's an other topic as well: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...02� where ppl suggest switching to US as a quickfix, then switch back to EU. (gonna wait a bit though till i try myself)

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #34
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Shoushin wrote:

i'd like to avoid that. if anything goes south i'll need to do a full reinstall, i'd like to pass on that. but ty for idea.

Yeah, and it kinda doesn't work if you are on a localized server and don't have UK or US patched already: you have to do a full download first.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #35
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

ended up with a billing error myself... seems a few others are getting hit as well.

do hope this gets sorted out...

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #36
Seidhkona

Loremaster

I'm wondering if we're really coming up in ten minutes (or if I have miscalculated the time conversion for my timezone)...

Old 02-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
clairebear

Lord

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I'm wondering if we're really coming up in ten minutes (or if I have miscalculated the time conversion for my timezone)...

Timezone is correct, they said in MOTD yesterday that it would be back up at 5pm (England time). Fingers crossed! Although still got to get home from work and get launcher downloading etc.

Main: Skyefall (Ward)

Main Alt: Squeakin (Zerk)

Guild & RC: Beyond Divine

Alt Guild: House of Dragons
clairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #38
Seidhkona

Loremaster

clairebear wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Timezone is correct, they said in MOTD yesterday that it would be back up at 5pm (England time). Fingers crossed! Although still got to get home from work and get launcher downloading etc.

The Patch Page still shows everything locked. I feel like a kid bouncing in the back seat saying, "Are we there yet?!"

Aaaaand.... WE'RE UP!

Well, the Patch Page says we're up, but the character select still shows all my toons locked.

11:09 CST, Patch Page now shows us locked again. /continues bouncing in the back seat!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #39
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Well, Storms is definatedly not up and still no patch.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #40
Qtec

Loremaster

Hello I purchased my collectors edition dig download yesterday 9 pm PST and it didnt work although payment was available, not i cant even purchase any type of this expansion on sony.com.   Is it me or does this seem all tomessed up ?

anyone else having issues getting the dd?

Qtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #41
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Qtec wrote:

Hello I purchased my collectors edition dig download yesterday 9 pm PST and it didnt work although payment was available, not i cant even purchase any type of this expansion on sony.com.   Is it me or does this seem all tomessed up ?

anyone else having issues getting the dd?

(1) Make sure you use Microsoft Internet Explorer when accessing the Station Store. It was designed for that browser and sometimes has unpredictable results for me in Firefox and other browsers.

(2) There are several threads across the forums discussing issues in getting a digital order placed. I expect it's probably best to keep those all in one thread, and you may want to contact SOE Customer Service -- they have phone, live chat, and ticket support options.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #42
Khiara
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Soul Garden

Loremaster

**bounces in the seat with Sigrdrifa** LET US INNNN ALREADY!!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
Hakor

Historian

I thought for a 5 second time period that the servers were being unlocked, then I was crushed SMILEY I guess ill keep typing my password and keeping my fingers crossed.
Hakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #44
Origin_Elloyn

Loremaster

I'm not sure why I expected this to actually go live on time -.-

fool me... 17 times? lol : P

Hopefully it'll be up in eight hours when i get home.

Origin_Elloyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #45
Maddawger1217

Loremaster

Oh boy!!! I ran out of coffee and peanutbutter cups, Mt. Dew is now gone as well. . . I need a large lenght of rope to help keep me in my seat now. . .
Maddawger1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #46
Khiara

Loremaster

**passes out Grande Mocha Latte with dbl espresso shots and chocolate covered coffee beans to everyone**

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #47
pinch22

Loremaster

My refresh button is getting its butt kicked !  Network status .. Locked ... refresh ... locked .... Refresh .. Locked ... refresh... "UNLOCKED" go to log in ... Still Locked ... network status .. Locked .. Refresh ... Locked ..

AHHHHH

pinch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #48
Rakious

Lord

Well.... I got the dov loading screen when i went to character select screen this time... That's progress i think?
Rakious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #49
idolatro

Loremaster

After a hard drive crash last month I recently reinstalled the Station Launcher.  I kept getting an error but it eventually downloaded.  However, it would not let me play.  So, I have been playing the last two weeks by selecting the eq2.exe in my EQ2 folder...no problems.  When I try and open it today (I pre-ordered and it shows I have it) I am told I have an old client and have to exit.  I do not want to have to wait HOURS for the Station Launcher to download again.  Anyone know a way around this?  What is the old patcher I keep seeing reference to?  Thanks in advance!

idolatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #50
Khiara

Loremaster

pinch22 wrote:

My refresh button is getting its butt kicked !  Network status .. Locked ... refresh ... locked .... Refresh .. Locked ... refresh... "UNLOCKED" go to log in ... Still Locked ... network status .. Locked .. Refresh ... Locked ..

AHHHHH

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! **twitches**

Old 02-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #51
Blakkmantis
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Imperial Dragons

Loremaster

Hows that seat?  Got room for another? 

Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #52
Khiara

Loremaster

Blak[email protected] wrote:

Hows that seat?  Got room for another? 

2 Barb girls ...dunno how much room is left hehe

Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #53
pinch22

Loremaster

Im a little gnome ! I can fit !

pinch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #54
Blakkmantis
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Imperial Dragons

Loremaster

Yeah I'm a troll so I need space. 

Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #55
Rakious

Lord

I'm a mousie! .... I already stole the seat a while ago.... And all the adoa and chololete! And all the bad spelling due to tiredness!
Rakious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #56
Retaobtoh

Philosopher

idolatro wrote:

After a hard drive crash last month I recently reinstalled the Station Launcher.  I kept getting an error but it eventually downloaded.  However, it would not let me play.  So, I have been playing the last two weeks by selecting the eq2.exe in my EQ2 folder...no problems.  When I try and open it today (I pre-ordered and it shows I have it) I am told I have an old client and have to exit.  I do not want to have to wait HOURS for the Station Launcher to download again.  Anyone know a way around this?  What is the old patcher I keep seeing reference to?  Thanks in advance!

Try running the EQ2 maps updater with the auto launcher turned on it will do the update and give you the old launcher, had to do that on my laptop this morning.  EDIT:  I have been having the same problems with the launcher for a about a week now that everyone is complaining about.  the Retry in 5 seconds.  Close the laucher run the EQ2maps updater with the auto launch eq2 checked it will give you the old laucher and it WILL update.

Retaobtoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #57
Aglorious
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Anyone know how long will the servers are down from now ?

Aglorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #58
Firnbarion

Loremaster

@Amnerys

Hi

How is it, that most of (if not all) people on Valor cannot download the extension - but we all get error messages on and on. It is just not fair - we also would like to be in the game now - but alas no way - as soon as the launcher starts to patch an error message comes up and tells you that it will retry in 5 Seconds - which it does - but just to bring you than another error message that in 5 Seconds it will try again... Come on SOE please fix it - it has been like that the whole afternoon - be fair also to us Europeans, please.

F.

Firnbarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #59
Hlarleru

Lord

People are saying servers may be up at 6 GMT but don't think that's anything official =L I am sad =(

Hlarleru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #60
Ecu

Hey all! Is servers back up and ready to play DoV yet?

Ecu is offline   Reply With Quote